Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dry Reception

1235»

Re: Dry Reception

• Options
    Can you provide some links to where anyone on here has ever said that a dry bar is tacky?  In all my months I've never once seen that.  Cash bars (or guests having to pay for ANYthing at your wedding) are tacky, not dry weddings.  I think you're confusing the two.
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Can you provide some links to where anyone on here has ever said that a dry bar is tacky?  In all my months I've never once seen that.  Cash bars (or guests having to pay for ANYthing at your wedding) are tacky, not dry weddings.  I think you're confusing the two.
    She came back to say she was getting things confused.   I'm sure it was hard to see the reply with the OT conversation going on.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    CAN'T.   LOOK.    AWAY!
  • Options
    I <3 Miss Manners.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    When you have nothing to say you talk about how people write on here lol. Spare me. You're still responding after how many days? Yea clearly you understand everything I'm saying. Nice try tho.
    No, when people write so badly that many people cannot figure out half of what they're attempting to say we talk about how people write on here.  A forum of the written word cannot function unless people actually know how to communicate through writing.  You're bringing the curve down.

• Options
    @viczaesar never once has anyone said they didn't understand what I was saying. So are you done yet, clearly this is the highlight of your life. You talk to me more than your family at home. Sheesh
    Actually I said on pages two and three that you're not communicating well, and you yourself complained several times in this thread, beginning on page two, that people are not understanding what you're trying to say. 

It's cute that you think you know anything about my family at home.  Your digs are yawn worthy.

• Options
    You said she talks to you more than her family.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    @viczaesar please post where I said "No one understands me" I will wait..... oh I said I know things about your family? Where? Again I will wait.... Me saying you've been talking to me more than them means I know about your family? Ah, no. Look how much you've posted on here to me, I'm sure your family would appreciate that time.
    Wow.  You don't even understand what you're writing.  I guess that explains a lot.

• Options
    @maggie0829 I could give a DAMN about what you think. When will you get that and stop posting not everyone in this world agrees with what you're saying right now so shut it down! Because you have a few others in here agreeing it makes it right? NO, it doesn't. Stop wasting your time here, if you don't give a damn GET OFF here and off of me. Thousands if not hundreds of thousands of brides use sites like honeyfund. YOU ARE NOT THE WEDDING POLICE, you are not getting paid for this calm all the way down. I've actually received messages from people telling me why do I even bother with you guys you guys are terrible and they actually agree with me but don't want to bother with nosey broads like you cause you won't shut your mouth about it! Have several seats and leave me alone if you careless so much. You're really cute with all the profanity to, PROPER ETIQUETTE at its finest! Have a nice day, all of you. Enjoy your husbands and your kids please because you are giving me way too much of your attention, time and energy, when you should be giving it to THEM!
    @KnotPorscha - is this trolling?

• Options
    Shh. Grown ups are talking now.
  • Options
    @mariepoppy are you done? 
    I will not be responding to you and if you pm me, again, your messages will be forwarded to @KnotPorscha

• Options
    @KnotPorscha , we have had multiple complaints about the same user. Regular fighting on here. Can you check IP to see if this was a previous troll, or affiliated in some way? For Ms.2Mrsviney

Everyone, let's pretend she does not exist. You can't have a fire burn without oxygen, Stop responding to it, and it will eventually stop hijacking threads. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    @maggie0829 I could give a DAMN about what you think. When will you get that and stop posting not everyone in this world agrees with what you're saying right now so shut it down! Because you have a few others in here agreeing it makes it right? NO, it doesn't. Stop wasting your time here, if you don't give a damn GET OFF here and off of me. Thousands if not hundreds of thousands of brides use sites like honeyfund. YOU ARE NOT THE WEDDING POLICE, you are not getting paid for this calm all the way down. I've actually received messages from people telling me why do I even bother with you guys you guys are terrible and they actually agree with me but don't want to bother with nosey broads like you cause you won't shut your mouth about it! Have several seats and leave me alone if you careless so much. You're really cute with all the profanity to, PROPER ETIQUETTE at its finest! Have a nice day, all of you. Enjoy your husbands and your kids please because you are giving me way too much of your attention, time and energy, when you should be giving it to THEM!
    @KnotPorscha - is this trolling?
    For future, it's I couldn't give a damn. What you wrote means you do give a damn.
  • Options
    I appreciate this post. My fiance and his sisters drink occasionally, but neither of the rest of our families or friends do. I do not drink and some of my family has struggled with drinking, so out of respect to them and to our faith, we will not be serving alcohol.

Several of my friends have mentioned that this idea will not go over well, but my fiance is totally supportive of the choice. It means a lot to hear that others have had a successful dry reception. I've been to many weddings where there was no alcohol and still had a great time!
  • Options
    damn zombie threads  @wrigleyville
  • Options
    kill the zombie @wrigleyville !!!!!!!! :)
    Ahhhh this reminds me that the Walking Dead will be back on in a few weeks.  Excited!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards