Chit Chat
Options

I have no idea how to choose between these two applicants.

13»

Re: I have no idea how to choose between these two applicants.

• Options
    Even before the drug thing, I wouldn't have written off J. She sounded like maybe she was less extroverted than T and maybe a little less personality (kind of like me! lol), maybe nervous about the interview, but very professional and responsible. In the long run I think you'd be happier with her anyway. You're interviewing for an employee, not a friend. 
  • Options
    J sounds much better.  Why would you want to hire someone who is not as enthusiastic (follow-up letter), makes grammatical errors, and was recently arrested/found guilty in a drug bust?!

• Options
    FiancB said:
    Even before the drug thing, I wouldn't have written off J. She sounded like maybe she was less extroverted than T and maybe a little less personality (kind of like me! lol), maybe nervous about the interview, but very professional and responsible. In the long run I think you'd be happier with her anyway. You're interviewing for an employee, not a friend. 
    I know I'm not interviewing for a friend. But this is a very small office - just 4 of us. The owners are very demanding. Most days it's like a zoo in here. It takes a very special kind of person that can work in this environment and not go crazy. 

Anyway, I'll be offering the job to J today and I'm very happy about it. I think she'll be a great fit. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards