Chit Chat
Options

What was the last movie that made you cry?

Grave of the Fireflies. It was one of the few Miyazaki films I hadn't seen yet, due to it's reputation for being really sad.  Well, I finally watched it, and I cried like a baby, it was so heartbreaking.  When was the last time a movie made you cry?

Re: What was the last movie that made you cry?

• Options
    Well, I watched Selena the other day, and that movie ALWAYS makes me cry. I must have seen it a hundred times, and it still gets to me. The Notebook makes me sob like a baby. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Awwwww Up makes me cry too!  I showed it to my classroom of 9th graders a couple of years ago and there were several teary-eyed teenagers.  "But Miss JC!  You didn't tell us this movie was SO SAD!!!"

The Hunger Games makes my cry every.single.time.  First when Prim gets called for the reaping, and then again when Katniss covers Rue with flowers.  I have a little sister and it gets me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I recently saw Schindler's List for the first time.... major bawling at the end
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I watch LOTR: Return of the King.  I cry every time, but not as badly as when I finished reading the book!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Muppets take Manhattan
  • Options
    Rent. Rent is the only movie that makes me cry on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Pretty much ALL of them.
  • Options
    Captain America.

The ending was sad. :(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Dallas Buyers Club got me. Didn't loose it, but just made me overall sad. Ain't Them Bodies Saints, on the other hand, made me ugly cry. I sat on the couch a good 20 minutes just boo hooin'. Poor FI thought I had lost it. 

I loooooove sad movies. It's strange, I know, but I just find them incredibly cathartic. Same with books.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Saving Mr. Banks. I didn't expect to cry at all! I thought it would be a fun upbeat movie but it was pretty damn emotional.

ETA: @Niccirf - I totally get the sad movies/books being cathartic thing!

• Options
    We recently re-watched "The Muppets". "Man or Muppet" gets me. Every.single.time.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Toy story 3 and my son makes us watch it daily. I've always been emotional but since having kids it's been way worse. I cry over songs, commercials, books, conversations lol also "If Only" gets me every time so does the Breaking Dawn pt 1 and 2
  • Options
    smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    Last MOVIE? Frozen. Last TV anything? The Super Bowl... <3 my Hawks. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Can't remember last movie, but I agree that Hunger Games gets me every time.  I've been weird emotional lately so there have been a ton of cheesy movies that have mad me cry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm admitting that The Last Song was on ABC Family this weekend and I watched it and I cried. I'm not sure if it was the sadness of death or the fact that the movie reminds me of what Miley Cyrus could have been.

• Options
    I don't think I have ever cried during a movie. Books on the other hand are a whole other story.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what was up with me the night I watched Life of Pi, but I bawled when Richard Parker ran in to the jungle and disappeared. When he realized what really happened the night of the storm, I absolutely lost it. I'm talking snot, tears, and hiccups. 
    I tear fairly easily during movies and books, but I haven't cried like I did in that movie in a looooooong time. 
  • Options
    I watched Lone Survivor this last weekend and it tore me up. 

• Options
    I'm not really sure what was up with me the night I watched Life of Pi, but I bawled when Richard Parker ran in to the jungle and disappeared. When he realized what really happened the night of the storm, I absolutely lost it. I'm talking snot, tears, and hiccups. 
    I tear fairly easily during movies and books, but I haven't cried like I did in that movie in a looooooong time. 
    Seriously. Movie definitely got me, but the book straight made me snot.

qmda76 said:
    I watched Lone Survivor this last weekend and it tore me up. 
    I've heard this from a bunch of people. One friend went to go see it alone b/c she knew it was going to be traumatic. Definitely on my short list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Actually, I have a real answer. I teach German, and the book we use includes short films for every chapter. The one for Chapter 2 was actually nominated for an Oscar. It's a typical depressing German film. It's about a store security guard who is in love with one of his coworkers and watches her on the security cam. He makes sure to always take the same subway as her, and one day she has a male companion. They have an argument and she gets off the train. The man is approached and taunted by 3 teenagers. A it turns physical our protagonist gets off the train. He learns later that they beat him to death and that he was actually her brother. It just get more depressing from there. I cry at pretty much anything, so I was really trying hard to keep it together in front of my students. Full discloser: I've taught this chapter and shown the film before. I totally knew what was coming.
  • Options
    Also, today I watched Jay's final Tonight Show episode. I don't even like Jay Leno. I totally cried.
  • Options
    Can't remember a movie, but a recent episode of Castle made me teary eyed. Also, the last episode of Sherlock
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I cry regularly during movies but the last movie I cried during was Les Miserables. It wasn't the end either. The song "I Dream a Dream" makes me cry every damn time I listen to it. I had a good cry tonight at the end of "Evita" the state production but the movie. OMG! The rudest thing happened when I was at the theater, don't want derail this thread will start another one.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Captain Phillips. Tom Hanks portrayal of his character was so moving, it felt as if you were there going through that moment with him.  For the life of me, i have no idea how he did not win an oscar. Most favorite cry-me-a-river movies of all time have to be "Steel Magnolias" (when Sally field picks up her grandson I lose it every time), "Step-mom", "The Notebook", and "The Family Stone."... oh and "marley and me"... were they trying to be emotional terrorists when they created that movie?
  • Options
    I just watched Captain Phillips on our flight home from our honeymoon and I cried too!
  • Options
    I always cry in Pitch Perfect, when Becca and Jesse finally get together. FMIL was watching Catching Fire the other day and I caught a little bit of it (I still haven't seen all of the Hunger Games) and I cried during Katniss' speech at the first stop. Also, I started watching Camp the other day and was tearing up in the opening sequence. I stopped watching 'cause FI wants to watch with me.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    Omg urbaneca, I cry at that part too! And get way to choked up anytime that song comes on my iPod lol
  • Options
    Pixar movies always get me to choke up.  I'm pretty heartless when it comes to movies with real people in them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards