Wedding Etiquette Forum

How do I tell people that they don't get a plus one?

1151617181921»

Re: How do I tell people that they don't get a plus one?

• Today at work, a client and I had the following conversation:

Me: I'm actually from NY
    Client: Oh you are? I had no idea!
    Me: You couldn't tell? I mean, I do pronounce the letter R lol! It took me so long to get used to hearing people say words like "car." 
    Client: Well, I pronounce my Rs! Cah... Cah.... see, I can feel myself pronouncing the R. Cah. 

I didn't have the heart to argue with her about it further lol 
  • We aren't inviting everyone with a plus one. It might be rude...Unless they're gonna give me the extra money lol
  • We aren't inviting everyone with a plus one. It might be rude...Unless they're gonna give me the extra money lol

Who are you inviting with a plus one?  Are you talking about not including a plus 1 for a truly single guest or are you talking about not including SO's/spouses/fiances?

I really can't stand when people admit to being rude/potentially being rude then laughing about it. It just makes you look bad.

If you read the thread you'd know plus ones aren't required. So bragging about that being rude isn't needed. However, if you misread and are counting ALL SOs as plus ones (when they're not) then yes, you are being rude. Very rude.

After 6 years and 2 boys, finally tying the knot on October 27th, 2013!

• I didn't have a chance to read through everyone's replies, but overall, people are telling you that you need to choose a new venue because they HAVE to have their SOs?? I just think people are incredibly rude. It's your wedding, your budget and your vision. It makes me sick what people say you HAVE to do. I almost can't stand being on this website it makes me so mad. This is why I love offbeatbride.com. You should consider checking this post out: http://offbeatbride.com/2010/07/wedding-invite-no-plus-1 People need to stop being jerks. I don't care if you wouldn't do it. Guess what, not your wedding! Do what you gotta do! Or elope. Seriously. OR say, sure they can come and have a foodless wedding. How ridiculous!
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    I didn't have a chance to read through everyone's replies, but overall, people are telling you that you need to choose a new venue because they HAVE to have their SOs?? I just think people are incredibly rude. It's your wedding, your budget and your vision. It makes me sick what people say you HAVE to do. I almost can't stand being on this website it makes me so mad. This is why I love offbeatbride.com. You should consider checking this post out: http://offbeatbride.com/2010/07/wedding-invite-no-plus-1 People need to stop being jerks. I don't care if you wouldn't do it. Guess what, not your wedding! Do what you gotta do! Or elope. Seriously. OR say, sure they can come and have a foodless wedding. How ridiculous!
    This is a total fail. First you didn't read the posts. Then you didn't read your Offbeat Bride reference. Very simply, a plus one is a random date. A significant other is part of a couple. There is a huge difference. Offbeat Bride said no need to give plus ones for random dates. Guess what? That's exactly what TK posters said also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards