Chit Chat
Options

Evil confessions

Re: Evil confessions

• Options
    Parents often park in the staff parking lot if there's an empty space.  We pay for our spots.  One day, there was an announcement of the license plate to move their vehicle cos they were in staff parking.  I watching from the window as another teacher sat in her car and waited for the car to move from her spot.  She finally got out and knocked on the window and told the driver to move her car.  Apparently the driver was feeding her baby in the back and tried to protest that she'd only be a few more minutes and what was the big deal.  The teacher lost it on here and said she pays for that spot and teaches in 2 minutes so move!!  I had a good laugh over that, cos everything is clearly marked.  It happens almost daily too.  Next time it's my spot, I'm just parking behind them to block them in and going to teach my class.  They can wait till I have a break in classes to leave. 

STUCK IN BOX

This would drive me crazy working at the high school! I was just an after school coach at this particular school but we had parking spots and people would come to pick up there kids and block the area where we would park--mind you the curb was RED and people did not care they would wait for their kids blocking the whole traffic area to drive in, let alone park...and it said NO PARKING!  There was a pick up/drop off area in the student parking lot.  Sometimes I would just need to go to the school to pick up something or for a meeting and I could not park in my space.  Or I would get stuck in my spot and not be able to back out because assholes would park in the driveway to wait for their kids.  Or I would be stuck in a long line trying to get into the parking lot to even get to my spot (my spot would be open but I could not park because someone was blocking the whole driveway).  I complained to the school all the time (as did other coaches) and they rarely did anything about it (they used to have someone out there making people move and not able to stop).  So one day I was feeling extra bitchy and completely over it-- I had a friend who was a cop and happened to parole the area near the school. I called him and told him how people were always blocking the parking lot and it red, no stopping, blah blah blah-- he was not doing anything so he came over and gave out tickets, lol. and he would come by randomly for a few weeks after that and give tickets. People eventually got the hint and so it helped the problem for awhile, but every now and then it still would happen.  The school eventually moved the coaching staff spots to a different area so I was so happy when I did not have to deal with that! I would hate calling my team and saying "I am going to be a few minutes late because I cannot get into my parking spot... so lame!

Anniversary
  • Options
    I used to work at a hotel and we had a contract with a local company that they would put up their employees with us. The guys became regulars and some I likes and some not so much. Whenever I would have ones come in that I didnt like as much, or at all, they would get the old smoking rooms(our state is smoke free now), usually on the 2nd floor.

My favorite was when a guy I didn't like came in with my favorites because the favorite would get a king bed too., first floor and the other guy would be second floor.

You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    On the weekends I work at an animal clinic and on Sundays we are only open for Urgent Care (so there are times that people come in with legitimate emergencies for their pets. . . .life and death). So one sunday about a year ago or so - our doorbell was ringing fiercely! So I RAN out there (expecting some animal-medical emergency) and there was a hoard of teenage girls in the foyer yelling "Its an emergency!!! We need to pee!!!!!" 

So - I let them in (thank goodness we weren't actually busy at that moment. . . . or dealing with a real emergency) and told them: "This is not a real emergency, we actually deal with life and death here. Yes- peeing your pants may be humiliating, but you will live. So the next time I see any of you here ringing this door bell and you're saying 'It's an emergency' you sure as shit had better have a dying animal in your hands. Got it?" They all said 'yes', then 2 of the girls peed, while I stood there with my arms crossed and stared at the rest of them until they left.

Granted - I was under a lot of stress at that time, and this was just one more thing. . . . but it did feel good to put the girls in their place a little bit though . . .
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    I really enjoy it when idiots with tiny cars park extremely close to my Yukon... I have a toddler and an 8-month old baby who are both in 5-pint harness car seats. It's a pain getting them out when someone is parked so close that I can't open my door!

I have full-coverage insurance... I throw open my door and hit their car! You're just asking to be hit if you park that close to me, and I don't even care.

And what a valuable lesson to teach your children: If you don't like something somebody does, you're entitled to damage their property.
    Good role modeling there. God help you when they become teenagers, and think they can imitate that behavior. You'll have all kinds of fun. Maybe teach them patience, and how to display grace in annoying circumstances, and that other people's stupidity doesn't justify shitty behavior. You know, that silly old two wrongs don't make a right stuff. Even if you don't care about or respect other people, I promise you, it will make your own life easier.
  • Options
    erinlin25 said:
    Parents often park in the staff parking lot if there's an empty space.  We pay for our spots.  One day, there was an announcement of the license plate to move their vehicle cos they were in staff parking.  I watching from the window as another teacher sat in her car and waited for the car to move from her spot.  She finally got out and knocked on the window and told the driver to move her car.  Apparently the driver was feeding her baby in the back and tried to protest that she'd only be a few more minutes and what was the big deal.  The teacher lost it on here and said she pays for that spot and teaches in 2 minutes so move!!  I had a good laugh over that, cos everything is clearly marked.  It happens almost daily too.  Next time it's my spot, I'm just parking behind them to block them in and going to teach my class.  They can wait till I have a break in classes to leave. 

STUCK IN BOX

This would drive me crazy working at the high school! I was just an after school coach at this particular school but we had parking spots and people would come to pick up there kids and block the area where we would park--mind you the curb was RED and people did not care they would wait for their kids blocking the whole traffic area to drive in, let alone park...and it said NO PARKING!  There was a pick up/drop off area in the student parking lot.  Sometimes I would just need to go to the school to pick up something or for a meeting and I could not park in my space.  Or I would get stuck in my spot and not be able to back out because assholes would park in the driveway to wait for their kids.  Or I would be stuck in a long line trying to get into the parking lot to even get to my spot (my spot would be open but I could not park because someone was blocking the whole driveway).  I complained to the school all the time (as did other coaches) and they rarely did anything about it (they used to have someone out there making people move and not able to stop).  So one day I was feeling extra bitchy and completely over it-- I had a friend who was a cop and happened to parole the area near the school. I called him and told him how people were always blocking the parking lot and it red, no stopping, blah blah blah-- he was not doing anything so he came over and gave out tickets, lol. and he would come by randomly for a few weeks after that and give tickets. People eventually got the hint and so it helped the problem for awhile, but every now and then it still would happen.  The school eventually moved the coaching staff spots to a different area so I was so happy when I did not have to deal with that! I would hate calling my team and saying "I am going to be a few minutes late because I cannot get into my parking spot... so lame!
    One of my best friends is the second house beside a new school, with traffic problems even worse than us.  People actually parked in her driveway.  Her DH didn't see the big deal until she was preggo and he was coming home early to go to appointments with her.  He finally got home and there was a car in his driveway, from a parent picking up their kid (cos everyone wants to kidnap little Johnny in the 30 feet from her driveway to the front door obviously).  The parent finally came back and started chewing him out for blocking his car.  Friends DH apologized and asked if he was blocking this guys driveway??  Then said no, actually you're parked in mine.  Parent was suitably embarrassed and moved his car.  

• Options

One of my best friends is the second house beside a new school, with traffic problems even worse than us.  People actually parked in her driveway.  Her DH didn't see the big deal until she was preggo and he was coming home early to go to appointments with her.  He finally got home and there was a car in his driveway, from a parent picking up their kid (cos everyone wants to kidnap little Johnny in the 30 feet from her driveway to the front door obviously).  The parent finally came back and started chewing him out for blocking his car.  Friends DH apologized and asked if he was blocking this guys driveway??  Then said no, actually you're parked in mine.  Parent was suitably embarrassed and moved his car.  

I'm not proud of this (especially after all the back lash PP got for opening her door into other cars), but I used to live across from an elementary school and had the same issue getting in and out of my driveway. The first few times when I realized telling them to move didn't work I got one mom's minivan towed out of my driveway. The last time I did go a little ape shit, I was PMSing and running late for work and some asshole was parked across my driveway and refused to move because he told his son to meet him there. Asking, arguing, and yelling all failed so I may have backed into his car. Total lapse of judgement but no parents parked in our driveway ever again
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    I have worked several customer service jobs.

I worked at a hotel last summer and we would get drunk people in trying to sleep in the bathrooms or get a room when they were on the blocked list (usually on the blocked list because they puked/peed/pooped/smoked in a room and then didn't have enough money on their credit card to pay the cleaning fee). 

It was so satisfactory to kick people out after they were being jerks for the whole evening: being loud, creating a disturbance, etc.

At our hotel, we had several different "sides," if you will, to the building. One side was older than the others and the wi-fi signal couldn't reach to the old side. So the people who stayed in the older section (cheaper rooms) couldn't get free wi-fi in their rooms, and had to come down to the lobby to use the wi-fi.  People would get so MAD when they would call down and ask why they couldn't find the wi-fi signal.  It was so satisfactory to tell them "You have to upgrade to get wi-fi in the room."  People would rant, say they HAD to have wi-fi, they would even say "it says on the website free wi-fi in the room."  We had a print out of the website handy so we could say "No.  It says free wi-fi with the more expensive rooms, not the one you booked."
  • Options
    lc07 said:
    There's a girl I used to be friends with. She just got caught doing something really shitty to a mutual friend of ours and she's about to get called the fuck out! She swore up and down she didn't do it and our mutual friend now has written (email) proof that she did it. I can't wait to see this bitch go down! 
    @climbingbrideny This sounds juicy. I think we need details.
    @climbingbrideny seconded. 
    I'm totally afraid to give details! The girl that's about to get called out is planning a wedding right now too. She could be here o.O
  • Options
    We live across the street from an elementary school. There are no parking signs everywhere that are frequently ignored. This also happens on little league nights.

One particularly had jackass loves to park in front of our driveway to wait for his kid (so many people park illegally on our street that there's no other place to park illegally). I called the cops on him yesterday when he threw his bag of garbage out the window. He got a ticket. When FI went outside to see what was going on (the cops know him), they made the guy apologize to him. So jealous that I missed it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Pet peeve; I drive a tiny ass economy car. It suits me. I park middle to the back of most parking lots and look for spaces I can pull through. I HATE it when someone in a huge ass SUV or truck parks next to me, because now I am pulling out of my space blind. There always seems to be spaces around, especially beside other big ass cars. It hljust seems dickish.
    Yes! I hate this. I drive a Camry and trying to back of spots with minivans and giant SUVs on both sides is so freaking annoying. I feel like this happens to me often. 
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Pet peeve; I drive a tiny ass economy car. It suits me. I park middle to the back of most parking lots and look for spaces I can pull through. I HATE it when someone in a huge ass SUV or truck parks next to me, because now I am pulling out of my space blind. There always seems to be spaces around, especially beside other big ass cars. It hljust seems dickish.
    Yes! I hate this. I drive a Camry and trying to back of spots with minivans and giant SUVs on both sides is so freaking annoying. I feel like this happens to me often. 
    I live in a state where everyone (or at least every third person) drives a truck/minivan/SUV.  My husband drives a truck and occasionally I have to drive it to work when he needs the car.  I always park in the back of the lot because I'm not confident enough in my skills to park it closer.  However, when I drive my car, it would be impossible to NOT park next to a truck/minivan/SUV unless I had a handicap placard so I don't sweat it.  I don't judge people's vehicle choices unless they put those rubber "balls" on their truck because that's an accessory choice I just can't get behind.  My husband needs a truck because he builds furniture on the side, it just makes sense to have a vehicle that can transport materials and finished pieces.  That being said, I've never thought it was appropriate to bash my car door into someone's car for a bad parking job no matter what I'm driving.
  • Options
    My mom, dad and brother all drive pickup trucks. It's definitely necessary for some. My dad and brother for work; my mom to be able to tow their RV and boat. But for me, it's really hard not to judge when I see people driving Hummers and other large SUVs just for tooling around in the suburbs, you know? 
  • Options
    FI and I were out with his parents. There was a couple walking in front of us, and his parents were in front of this couple. The girl started making fun of how FMIL was walking. She was embarrassed when she discovered her son was right behind her, and chewed her out.

Also, as a server, I do get enjoyment of telling assholes we are out of something.
    We're supposed to give a specific amount of bread to each table, but the nice ones get extra while the assholes have to pay.
  • Options
    I'm an architect who works for a real estate company, and have since gotten my RE license as well. The company works with rentals to supplement the sales division, and due to our location, surrounded by universities/colleges, many of our clients are college- and post-college-aged young adults (Boston area people - I guess I could say that we're partially the reason why September 1st sucks in Allston...my sincerest apologies!)...

I secretly love telling a group of bratty students (or bratty professionals) who dragged their feet for 3 or 4 weeks while deciding on an apartment that the place has since been rented, and get satisfaction from the implied "I told you so" about jumping on a place they love rather than waiting...Then when they have to settle for their 2nd (or 3rd or 4th or 5th) choice apartment, it's somehow my fault that I don't have nicer places to show them! (That said, most of my clients are very pleasant to work with...the bad apples are really just total peaches, though.)

I miss my "old" job of sitting in the corner and designing on AutoCAD all day long and going on site visits - I only had to be people-friendly when I was in the mood for it... ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Date twins, state twins and now car twins! I have a Camry and JUST had this happen to me when I was at Wegmans on my lunch a little while ago. Giant van on the left that was half sticking out of the space and a big SUV on the right. I was SO scared I was going hit a pedestrian or a car was going to hit me while I was trying to back out far enough just to see if someone was coming!
  • Options
    but @shrekspeare, those pedo vans are just SO efficient and well-designed for selling candy and puppies out of...!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    Date twins, state twins and now car twins! I have a Camry and JUST had this happen to me when I was at Wegmans on my lunch a little while ago. Giant van on the left that was half sticking out of the space and a big SUV on the right. I was SO scared I was going hit a pedestrian or a car was going to hit me while I was trying to back out far enough just to see if someone was coming!
    STUCK! That is too funny!!! What color is your Camry? If you say black, we're destined to be friends forever :-P Also, I'm so jealous you have Wegmans. We don't have any downstate. Boo. 
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    STUCK! That is too funny!!! What color is your Camry? If you say black, we're destined to be friends forever :-P Also, I'm so jealous you have Wegmans. We don't have any downstate. Boo. 
    We have a Wegman's that opened about an hour away from us last year, took a few drives out there, but too far to actually shop; there's a new one being built about 10 minutes from my office...I'M SO EXCITED!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I get satisfaction when people get parking tickets on my street.  It's 2 hour parking unless you have a residential tag.  I live near a hospital so a lot of people are too cheap to pull into the garage to park, even though it's free for the first couple hours.
    It makes me insanely mad when someone parks on the street in front of our houses for extended periods of time, particularly if they are going into the hospital for a procedure or something and they are in for a couple days.  When I can't park anywhere near my house when I get home from work because you feel the need to take up residential parking for days on end, you deserve the ticket and more.  I wish it was for a higher dollar amount.
    I've reported cars parked for an extended number of days as abandoned and towed by the city.  And I'm not sorry one little bit.  The hospital provides parking for you, you don't get to park in the residential parking for more than 2 hours according to the MULTIPLE POSTED SIGNS. 

• Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    chibiyui said:
    I wanted a black one! I settled for silver though. I still think we're destined to be friends forever :D Wegmans should get a move on and get downstate. We've got one practically in every major town up here, I can't believe Danny Wegman hasn't started to move down to your region.
  • Options
    @casey8784 be prepared to spend ALL your time and money there! It seriously is the greatest grocery store on the planet. I get nervous even thinking about moving away from one (and we just bought a house so it's not like we're going anywhere any time soon!)
  • Options
    ckel24 said:
    chibiyui said:
    I wanted a black one! I settled for silver though. I still think we're destined to be friends forever :D Wegmans should get a move on and get downstate. We've got one practically in every major town up here, I can't believe Danny Wegmans hasn't started to move down to your region.
    I got the last black one they had! I was so happy. 
    There have been rumors for so long that they were building a Wegman's in our area. But nothing yet. 
  • Options
    Wegmans also needs to come to the Captial Region. There was one close by when I lived in Pennsylvania, and it was glorrrrioussssssss. We now have Trader Joes, and they're opening a Whole Foods, but still no Wegmans. It's sad. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Wegmans also needs to come to the Captial Region. There was one close by when I lived in Pennsylvania, and it was glorrrrioussssssss. We now have Trader Joes, and they're opening a Whole Foods, but still no Wegmans. It's sad. 
    I wish we would get a Whole Foods here! We have a Trader Joe's near my work and Wegmans everywhere but I would love to just experience a Whole Foods.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards