Chit Chat
Options

Evil confessions

1235»

Re: Evil confessions

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    Confession: I think some of my friends' babies are ugly.
    Truth: Most babies are ugly. Some grow out of it. 
    My friend just got the cutest frigen golden retriever puppy she is posting pics of on Facebook. I literally commented on it "Confession- I already love your puppy pics way more than people's baby/ kid pictures"

• Options

Oh, so as for my evil confession, here goes.

The last time BF and I flew from NY to CA, we got a free upgrade to First Class on our first flight. The plane was too heavy in the back to take off, so they needed people to move up front, and BF and I gladly volunteered. The flight attendant took my bag and put it in one of the overhead bins up front.  We also were delayed at the gate because the plane had to be de-iced and then lost power. So, there was a lot of commotion when my bag got moved.

There was a woman in First Class who was acting like the queen of everything the entire flight, being rude to the flight attendants and giving BF and I dirty looks because we were the "commoners" from Economy Class (we were being quiet and trying to sleep most of the flight, so we were not being obnoxious). So, we land, and this lady hops up to be the first one off of the plane (she was sitting in the last row in First), but she has to wait for the door to open.  She leaned her head against the overhead bin where I thought the flight attendant had put my bag. I ask her multiple times if I can open the bin, and raising my voice a little each time (in case it was too quiet the first few times). She finally turns her head slightly to acknowledge that she heard me, but still won't move. I was fed up, because we had a connection to catch and needed to run off that plane to get to our next gate, so I opened the bin anyways, and it sprung open faster then I expected and whacked her in the head! It turns out my bag was in the bin across the aisle, but I definitely saw the flight attendants laugh. The woman was mortified and stood perfectly still, not leaning on anything, and was silent until we could de-plane. My BF had the biggest smile on his face after watching me do that to her!

@AuroraRose41 I just had to share a sorta similar story. FI and I had an 8am flight and we got the upgrade to first class. We were chillin' in the waiting area, half asleep and cranky, listening to this obnoxious woman go on and on (she was talking to people she'd clearly just met in the waiting area). She had one of those annoying voices that carries loudly.  She was talking about her kids in private school, their four houses in various international cities, how they were on their way to Hawaii to see so-and-so, the works. Ugh.  
    So imagine how good it felt when the gate agent started calling passengers and we got to stroll right up, cut in front of her, and board first class while she waited for some other level of priority... and then walked past us to coach.  Thank God, I couldn't stomach her yammering for a 3 hour flight. 
    (In retrospect, they must have all that money for fancy houses because they don't blow it on direct flights or first class seats. But still. Satisfying.)

• Options
    This may not count as evil but my annoyed comment got two people rightfully fired after being mistreated.

So years ago when I was working for the first time at this local chain Deli. The place relied on their fresh and organic food and amazing customer service. I was scheduled to 10-4 and 4-10 for closing. Well our GM and assistant manager was a major asshat to the employees. They both over worked us and passed our time and clock us out of work at our "end" times (because we qualified for over times) and have us STILL working. Our hourly pay was 7.25$ while over time was double time. 

So that summer our new CEO  liked to come in as an average Joe and work with the regular employees to see how everything worked in our area. One meeting when the GM and AM were out, our Store Manager told us who the CEO was during a production meeting with the Order Takers and Salad Bar reps. He asked us how we liked the store. I told him I didn't like that we were being clocked out at certain times. It was unfair and unethical. The CEO went and looked at our clock in logs after noticing that we were still on the store footage tapes when he was going over procedural stuff. I personally didn't expect him to go check on what I said but he cared.. He was very pissed because he thought it was foul that they went over to the terminal and clock us out at 4 and at 10. The next day he sat with each of us and added the time back to our pay as tips because it wouldn't be taxed toward our next paycheck. He essentially said it was fraud and that they were embezzling our earned money out of the company for their own gain. 

During that night for my shift, the GM and AM came in from lighting up in back as they always do and "Joe" was finishing up the muffins and I was cleaning the glass(it was a Sunday we should have been out a hour ago because we close early), Eric the GM went over the terminal and clocked us out. "Joe"  goes over and clocks us back and then Eric clocks us out. Dave(AssistantManager) pulls "Joe" aside and tells him you can't work passed 8 hours a day and or it counts as over time. Joe tells him that he is still working and they weren't allowed to do that it is against state laws..blah blah blah. The burning thing  I remember was him saying, "I do not want you two working for my company if you will treat employees like that and commit fraud." They were fired on the spot and lost all gained benefits. He told us that if there was any underhandedness from managers to speak to him personally. 

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    I pulled into the post office the other day and I went to pull into a parking spot. It was next to a lady who, it appeared, was getting out of her car to go mail a package. So I start to pull in. Her door is open, and I assume she's going to slam the door shut and head inside. Well, she wasn't. She was actually getting into her car with a package. She was older, so it took her a minute. I waited, part way into the spot. Then, I carefully pulled forward the rest of the way, still far enough away I wouldn't her door. She motioned to me about the door, but I kind of ignored it because, I wasn't going to hit it. I could see.

Anyway, I go into the post office, come out, and she's still there. I get into my car with my mail, and this lady pulls out of her spot and stops just behind and to the left of me. I guess she thought I was rude with the way I parked, when I really didn't mean to be.  Anyway, I saw that she had tried to block me out of the corner of my eye in the mirror (I could have backed out around her, but it would have been a little difficult), so I didn't even look at her to acknowledge it and just started opening my mail.  She pulled out and left and then I pulled out.

I don't know what her problem was. I had plenty of room to keep from hitting her door, the post office wasn't crazy busy but the lot was rather full, and I wasn't trying to rush her.
  • Options
    Backstory so the evil confession makes sense:
    My ex-bf lived with me for almost 2 years. I would say we lived together, but I paid for EVERYTHING. It was dumb of me, I know. He moved out of his mom's house to "our" apartment. We were both in law school, but I had a good paying job. He'd bartend, whenever he felt like it, and that was his money so he could go golfing. Anyway, about a year into this, I got sick of it, because money was tight for me, and said you need to get a job that you go to like a real adult, so he did. It was a low paying job, but it was a job, so that made me happy. 

After he started getting a couple paychecks, we figured out what would be a good amount for him to contribute. It ended up be a couple hundred bucks, but it made me feel better. Then he got a better job, but it was hourly. He didn't get any vacation days or anything like that, but we revisited the amount he contributed and increased it a little bit since he was getting paid more. However, he still had enough money left over to save for a bunch of things that he wanted, which was fine with me. That was our agreement. What really pissed me off was this: we were going back to my home to visit my family for Christmas, so he needed to take off 2 or 3 days. I'd paid for the plane tickets, rental car, and everything. He said, hey, is it ok if I pay you less this month to make up for the days I'm taking off. Are you freaking kidding me? You are saving for a bunch of stuff, and the first thing you want to decrease is how much you pay towards the bills. That's not how real life works. Fast forward about 6 months: I finally broke up with him and kicked him out.

Evil confession:
    He surprisingly didn't move back in with his mom, so he is living on his own. He has student loans from undergrad and law school. Those are now out of grace. It gives me a huge sense of satisfaction knowing that he is struggling with money. I know how good he had it (regarding money) when he was with me, but he never appreciated it. I hope he looks back on it and realizes he had it good.
  • Options
    I used to be really grumpy about people driving like douchebags on the freeway, until I was one because I was trying to get to the hospital. Now I just move out of the way because who knows if they have loved ones who are about to kick the bucket.

Stuck in box:

To clarify shrek, I'm referring less to the guys who drive crazy to get to the hospital in town, and more about the ones on the major interstates going 90 miles an hour and weaving in, out, and around other drivers just to be jerks and get to their destination 20 minutes faster.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards