Chit Chat
Options

'I suppose your Knotter-people agree with you'

124»

Re: 'I suppose your Knotter-people agree with you'

• Options
    eg72 said:
    Okay question to roll off of this:

FI and I were invited to wedding that is next Friday. I procrastinate so bad and haven't bought a gift yet. I'd much rather give a physical gift because this couple doesn't have ANYTHING for their apartment because they haven't lived together. I won't be able to buy their present until...the day of the wedding. 

So my question is: Should I buy the present and bring it to their wedding (rather not)? Or could I just bring a nice card with a small gift card in it to the wedding and have their gift shipped to the Bride's parent's house to arrive shortly after the wedding? 
    Why won't you be able to buy a present until the day of the wedding? Do they have a registry?  Just buy a gift off their registry and have it shipped to the address they have on file.

I would get a card to bring to the wedding and write that their present will be arriving at their house in the next week.
    We had unexpected expenses come up the past few weeks and literally won't have the money until pay day unless we dip into our savings (which we agreed to not do unless it is an emergency and I don't consider buying a wedding present an emergency). 

• Options
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:
    Okay question to roll off of this:

FI and I were invited to wedding that is next Friday. I procrastinate so bad and haven't bought a gift yet. I'd much rather give a physical gift because this couple doesn't have ANYTHING for their apartment because they haven't lived together. I won't be able to buy their present until...the day of the wedding. 

So my question is: Should I buy the present and bring it to their wedding (rather not)? Or could I just bring a nice card with a small gift card in it to the wedding and have their gift shipped to the Bride's parent's house to arrive shortly after the wedding? 
    Why won't you be able to buy a present until the day of the wedding? Do they have a registry?  Just buy a gift off their registry and have it shipped to the address they have on file.

I would get a card to bring to the wedding and write that their present will be arriving at their house in the next week.
    We had unexpected expenses come up the past few weeks and literally won't have the money until pay day unless we dip into our savings (which we agreed to not do unless it is an emergency and I don't consider buying a wedding present an emergency). 
    If that's the case I'd just order it online and have it sent to their house.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards