Chit Chat

what are you "sorrynotsorry" about?

Just for fun, what are you most certainly NOT sorry about when it comes to your wedding?

My FI, bless his heart, once was talking with his hands in such an animated manner that he sent my glass of red wine flying---- down the front of my dress. (Yes, the dry cleaners got it all out!) 

I have lovingly told him in no uncertain terms that he can't drink anything colored within 5 feet of me at our wedding.  
SorryNotSorry!

(Honestly I'm not going to be controlling what he drinks, it's just a conversation we've had. All portraits will be done before drinking commences so if stains happen, they happen.) 

Re: what are you "sorrynotsorry" about?

• I was sorrynotstorry:

-- That it was a full Catholic Mass
    -- That it was on a Sunday
    -- That it was in my hometown
    -- That the flowers were Gerbera daisies
    -- That we hosted the alcohol we could afford (beer, wine, champagne), rather than an open bar

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • smalfrie19smalfrie19 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014

We are probably going to have people seated at tables for the ceremony because my venue doest have "staff" to do it and my caterer cant really justify bringing additional people in.

all that matters it that everyone's butt will have a seat, there will be NO GAP and the food will be delicious.

#sorrynotsorry

Anniversary
  • Sorrynotsorry about no alcohol and no dancing. You don't like, feel free to not come.
  • Sorrynotsorry that I'm not wearing white (I've actually gotten a lot of crap about that) and that we are having the ceremony in a garden at a horse farm. I really don't understand people's problem with this. The ceremony isn't going to be anywhere around the horses and the horses don't actually got into the area we're going to be. It is just a very pretty garden.
  • Just for fun, what are you most certainly NOT sorry about when it comes to your wedding?

My FI, bless his heart, once was talking with his hands in such an animated manner that he sent my glass of red wine flying---- down the front of my dress. (Yes, the dry cleaners got it all out!) 

I have lovingly told him in no uncertain terms that he can't drink anything colored within 5 feet of me at our wedding.  
    SorryNotSorry!

(Honestly I'm not going to be controlling what he drinks, it's just a conversation we've had. All portraits will be done before drinking commences so if stains happen, they happen.) 

So funny story..my friend actually did spill champagne on her new husband's tux at their reception. Honestly they just laughed it off and we all had a great time. :)

I'm sorry/not sorry I made my Dad do a father-daughter dance with me. He was super nervous about it but it was such a great moment with him. We both loved it.

I am sorry/not sorry we decided not to invite my Dad's brothers. No one wanted them there, including my Dad, for many reasons. I am also sorry/not sorry we decided not to invite some of my mom's siblings who had been asshats to her about my grandparents when they became ill and she was taking care of them.
  • I had gerber daises also.

image\

Had a candy bar:

**note - sorry for all the recent pictures.  I've been going through tons of pictures from over the past 70 years looking for pictures of my dad.  It seems I've been a little nostagic. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    - I don't have an engagement ring 
    - It was outside in August (late August is not that hot, people!)
    - I wore a hot pink dress and baked my own cake
    - My then-fiancé and I walked down the aisle together
    - It was a Quaker ceremony, characterized by silence
    - We couldn't afford a shuttle between the hotel and wedding site
    - We skipped toasts, spotlight dances, bouquet toss, etc.
    - Our second-to-last song was "Jane Fonda" by Micky Avalon and my friends and I all danced to it like drunk monkeys

• @TwoDimes‌ belated congrats!

I'm sorry not sorry for our venue. It was a mid point for all our guests, which means no one was close, and people did leave early cause of travel times, but it was gorgeous and perfect.

Anniversary
  • Sorrynotsorry: 
    my wedding is formal and during the day. FI will be in a tuxedo at 12pm! Our moms both choose floor length gowns. I'm letting people wear whatever the hell they want! 
    I'm not getting a hotel block. Our venue has offered us a discounted rate. That's it. 
  • @TwoDimes, I have no idea. I love daisies, especially Gerbera daisies, and I really, really loved that they came in bright, intense colours that popped against my BMs' dark plum dresses.

DH's BSC grandmother (who else?) informed me 'Daisies are common, but I guess I couldn't really expect better from a Catholic.'

So apparently they're common AND they have religious connotations. 

I about went through the roof over that one. That was The.Last.Time. I talked about the wedding with her. I told DH, 'She is YOUR Grandmother and she is YOUR problem, this is NOT my circus, she is NOT my monkey and I am DONE DONE DONE talking about the wedding with someone who is so bound and determined to find fault with every little thing I do!'
    Fi is going on night shift starting Thursday, and I now have a subject for one of the doodles that I will be working on for the set of nights. Thank you.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

•  HisGirlFriday13 said:
    @TwoDimes, I have no idea. I love daisies, especially Gerbera daisies, and I really, really loved that they came in bright, intense colours that popped against my BMs' dark plum dresses.

DH's BSC grandmother (who else?) informed me 'Daisies are common, but I guess I couldn't really expect better from a Catholic.'

So apparently they're common AND they have religious connotations. 

I about went through the roof over that one. That was The.Last.Time. I talked about the wedding with her. I told DH, 'She is YOUR Grandmother and she is YOUR problem, this is NOT my circus, she is NOT my monkey and I am DONE DONE DONE talking about the wedding with someone who is so bound and determined to find fault with every little thing I do!'

• @beethery -- You're welcome!

I can't take credit for it, though -- it's an old Polish proverb: 'not my circus, not my monkeys.' (Orig. 'Nie mój cyrk, nie moje małpy')
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Sorrynotsorry there will not be a speck of religious anything in our wedding. I don't understand why there should be, considering that we are not religious, but apparently other people feel differently. Because pretending to be Catholic for a day is very respectful to the church *eyeroll*.

I love gerberas! I am pretty sure I'm skipping flowers altogether (another sorrynotsorry) but if I weren't, that's what I would get. They're cute, cheery, tough, and come in all the colors. 

Kind of having a beach theme going even though the wedding was moved from OR to MN. Oh well. I'd already bought my invitation supplies and starfish hair clip, so we're rolling with it. We're having a Hawaiian buffet too- it happened to be the cheapest meal option at our venue, and it's delicious, and I'm a little tired of the steak-or-chicken option. sorrynotsorry.

• KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Sorrynotsorry that we're serving chicken, salmon, or stuffed tomato...no beef. We couldn't justify spending an extra $1,000 just to offer beef as an option because the higher price prevails for all dishes at our venue, except the kids meal.

Also sorrynotsorry there will be no money tree, dollar dance, honeymoon jar, garter toss, or bouquet toss at our wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

•  
    KGold80 said:
    Sorrynotsorry that we're serving chicken, salmon, or stuffed tomato...no beef. We couldn't justify spending an extra $1,000 just to offer beef as an option because the higher price prevails for all dishes at our venue, except the kids meal.

Also sorrynotsorry there will be no money tree, dollar dance, honeymoon jar, garter toss, or bouquet toss at our wedding.
    No beef here either! Chicken, salmon, or mushroom strudel. They're all delicious. The chicken is stuffed with prosciutto, and we have a roasted pork tenderloin app, but you'll have to go elsewhere if you want steak.

• "Sorrynotsorry" we are hosting immediate family only at Disneyland. If you want a larger local (to me) party go ahead and throw one yourself!

We have friends who say we owe them a big party with lots of alcohol. I've long since quit justifying our decision. 
  • edited May 2014

We are sorrynotsorry that we are serving pie instead of cake. I HATE cake. I know a lot of TK regulars love cake, but all I want is a huge piece of pie and whipped cream.

Also we are sorrynotsorry that the wedding is in December in Wisconsin. Yes we are fully aware it will be cold. But because I am not a complete idiot and I have lurked here long enough, I know to have the ceremony and reception indoors. There will be no gap and the ceremony and reception site are less than two miles apart. So guests won't be cold except for the very short drive from one venue to the next. This does seem like common sense, but when I tell people when the wedding is they look at me like I am going to make them stand outside for hours.

edited:spelling

• Sorrynotsorry that we are not following the traditional who-does-what at our wedding. We're eschewing the obligatory inclusion-of-everybody-and-their-mother-in-the-wedding-party BS - the people we're including are people we WANT to include, not people who feel that we HAVE to include.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Sorrynotsorry I do have chalkboards. Nope, our theme isn't rustic, they wont be all over the place, I've pinned like two things on pinterest so that's not where I got it, and I decided on them nearly two years ago when I saw cool chalkboard placemats on Etsy. Deal with it. 
  • Sorrynotsorry that:
    -I'm not making the wedding consume my life, grad school and real life come first
    -I'm not a gushing bride who wants to talk about my planning the whole time
    -That beef, salmon, and veggie will be my options. I am not a huge chicken fan and when caught in the wrong mood, the smell can make me nauseated, but in the right mood I love chicken + bbq sauce. 
    -That I haven't bought my dress yet and ma not really excited for dress shopping
    -That I will invite all SO's (and no one should bitch about that, but I actually have people doing so)
    -That I'm having a winter wedding, if you can't attend I'm sorry but that is okay. FI and I will be there, as well as VIPs so that is all that matters.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're not having anything with beef either. Do people really care about that?
  • Sorrynotsorry I'm not having a bridal party. I cannot believe the amount of side eye I've gotten over this decision.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sorrynotsorry I'm not having a bridal party. I cannot believe the amount of side eye I've gotten over this decision.
    BUT THEN IT WON'T BE A REAL WEDDING
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Sorrynotsorry that we are not following the traditional who-does-what at our wedding. We're eschewing the obligatory inclusion-of-everybody-and-their-mother-in-the-wedding-party BS - the people we're including are people we WANT to include, not people who feel that we HAVE to include.
    Why do so many people even still think this is a thing? More often than not, people don't follow those old rules. Someone was asking about our plans the other day and I said we had everything done except the rehearsal dinner, because we're having a hell of a time finding the right combination of location (close proximity to either the venue or the hotel), price ($1000 or under) and capacity (45 people). She looked at me and said "why are you worrying about that anyway? That's his parents' job." 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards