Chit Chat

what are you "sorrynotsorry" about?

124»

Re: what are you "sorrynotsorry" about?

• Sorrynotsorry that we're not inviting kids. The restaurant we picked for the reception doesn't even have a kids' menu. It does, however, have kickass food and booze. Eat and drink.
  • Inkdancer said:
    Sorrynotsorry that we're having a dry wedding. When FMIL gets drunk she is mean and I refuse to enable her. Go drown your whining at the mac'n'cheese bar.

ETA: Also not sorry that the groomsmen will not be wearing matching suits or tuxes. How different can solid black suits with white shirts and matching ties really look? This is not going to be a problem, people!
    YOU ARE HAVING A MAC N' CHEESE BAR?! I am so jealous!
    It was the only thing I absolutely insisted on. Didn't care where we got the cake, who did the catering, but whatever the food was, I wanted mac'n'cheese. So far everybody seems pretty excited about it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I'm sorrynotsorry that FI and I are

1) having a small wedding that we can afford even though it means that 99% of my family isn't invited and neither set of parents are allowed any friends.
    2) that we are having a Protestant ceremony that is meaningful and true to FI and I's personal religious practices.  My foster family is very Catholic and while I think full Catholic Mass Ceremonies are lovely and wonderful for practicing Catholics - neither of us are...  I know that my parents want to support me but at the same time they have made many comments throughout the years about how Protestant ceremonies aren't REAL weddings.  Mind you they haven't said anything of the sort to me specifically about our wedding I just know that is how they feel about Protestant ceremonies in general.

However, all of that aside I am sorry that I didn't pick my longtime best friend to be my MOH instead feeling obligated to ask my future stepdaughters.  With all of the wedding stress I would much rather have someone who is actually happy about the wedding standing at my side.  :-(
    Anniversary
  • KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Oh, and sorrynotsorry....but we ARE having a photo booth and we're excited about it and don't care one little bit that it's not at all unique and perhaps way overdone by now. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• sorrynotsorry that...

-we're having a full Catholic Mass

-I'm having 2 brides
    men (I've been told countless times that "everyone will assume they're...
    gay!" - they're not, and though they're well aware they'll get looks, they don't care either.)

-we're not having our reception at a big fancy-schmancy hotel in the city (as is the norm 'round these parts)

-THERE WON'T BE A STITCH OF BURLAP OR A SHARD OF MASON JAR IN SIGHT

-we're not doing the dollar dance / honeyfund jar 

-our RB & FG are not family, only children that I've babysat since they were born (as opposed to my obnoxious-ass little cousin who doesn't know my name...)

-we're not having a photo booth. Use your damn iPhone?

-we're doing a cake AND a cookie table (Pittsburgh!!!)  MAYBE WE JUST LIKE DESSERTS OKAY

AMEN! We are also having a cookie bar and THREE different cake flavors. I don't think our guests will mind my sugar addiction...If they do, more for me and FI!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We are having a Friday evening wedding.
    We are (most likely) doing a photobooth. Not because everyone else is, but because I personally LOVE them, and I love taking fun, silly pictures. 
    We are having a fancy wedding at a fabulous venue in Central Park, with full open bar.
    We are not expecting out guests to "cover their plate."
    We are not writing No Children or Adults only on the invitations.
    No line dances (electric slide, cha cha slide, etc).
    No garter toss, or single ladies bouquet toss. 
    No tacky cake topper.
    We are paying for this wedding ourselves, and are going to make sure that it is fancy, fun, fabulous, and hosted perfectly. So to everyone talking crap about how we're "spending SOOOO much money on this one party" and suggesting we have a cash bar, or telling us that "hopefully you'll make at least half the money back,", I say to you

SORRYNOTSORRY!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Sorrynotsorry, gonna be crashing @pinkcow13's wedding.......
    Wedding crashers totally welcome!!

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Sorrynotsorry, gonna be crashing @pinkcow13's wedding.......
    Wedding crashers totally welcome!!

Shall I bring cookies? heh
    ~*~*~*~*~

• @cookiepusher - cookies are my weakness!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    @cookiepusher - cookies are my weakness!
    Well then, I'll crash your wedding but bring cookies and mead as gifts!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    #sorrynotsorry that I ate the gift cookies that @Cookie Pusher brought for you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards