Wisconsin
Options

Bridal Show question

Hi all,
I'm not sure where else to post this question, so I'll go with my local forum!

My finance' and I are both originally from Kansas City, Missouri, but we both live and work now in Wisconsin. Because the majority of the guests who would attend our wedding are in KC, we are still planning to have our wedding there. (No real date yet set, and we are still in the process of touring venues every time that we make it back to KC for holidays.)

Anyway, my mother is going to the KC Bridal Show there on Jan. 14 to meet some vendors for me. I won't be able to go back that weekend. I did see, though, that there is a Wisconsin Bridal Show at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison that same day. I am planning on going!

I think it would be helpful for me to see wedding cakes, bouquets, etc., in person instead of staring at the computer screen all day looking at pictures of these. I think I'd still get ideas from attending the show, even though I won't use those vendors for my wedding.

My question is: should Justin go? Do guys go to these things? He isn't sure if he wants to go or not. He said that if he does go, he'll find all the cake vendors and grab samples. Tongue Out

I've just never been to a bridal show, and I'm not sure if it's a guy thing, or if I should just go by myself! Thanks!

Re: Bridal Show question

• Options
    I would not bring your FI if you are not planning on choosing vendors at the show.  It will be like walking through a crowded bridal magazine... not fun for him unless he actually cares/likes flowers, cake decorations, hair styles, etc. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I brang my fiance with me to the bridal show its a good experience. THe only bad thing is that vendors will want you to sign up for prizes and emails and stuff so i would not do that if i were you since you arent going to getting married or using services from WI. PLus you dont want emails sent to you daily about sales and promos--at least i didnt like it, I learned from that. But it he is involved or wants to be involved in planning process I would say let him go you will tons of ideas! and samples ;)
  • Options
    I am going to the same bridal show, and I am not bringing my fiance, even though I am looking at specific vendors.  He just has no interest in going.  He is an easy-going guy, who will help with wedding planning if I ask but will be fine with anything I choose.  My friend, who is also getting married, is coming along and she is bringing her fiance, mostly against his will.  So, I would just let decide if he wants to go or not!
  • Options
    I am also going to the bridal expo, BM in a wedding. And the FI is not coming. I told my friend that he is more than welcome to come but would prolly only look at the party buses and go home. This is a rather large bridal expo and takes a lot of time. Have fun! 

Also, i am planning on writing a review about the show the day after I go, I will be going on Sunday and would love all of you to post what you thought of it!
  • Options
    I didn't bring my FI to any bridal show, and I'm glad I didn't because he would have complained the entire time.  Unless your FI is excited about wedding planning, I wouldn't bring him/have him go.  I'd go by yourself and a close friend or your mother.

To be honest, going to bridal fairs was fun, but not super helpful.  I did most of my research on the internet.  I went to 2 bridal fairs and one I felt like I was in a herd of cattle - the other was fantastic, but it was for luxury weddings and was more expensive to go to (but I had free tickets).

I think it would have been more helpful to pick out my vendors via the internet, and then go to a bridal show with the goal of booking them that day in order to take advantage of any specials.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    SweetB7SweetB7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    I just went to the bridal show in the Dells this afternoon and I am also going to the show next Sunday. I did not bring my fiance today nor will I bring him on Sunday. He said he would much rather have me bring back the brochure's and we will "explore" the options in the comfort of our own home at out own pace. 

The bridal shows are packed with crazy ladies and I knew my fiance would run out of there as fast as possible so in my opinion I would not drag him into it unless he was begging to go. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My FI and I went to the Milwaukee bridal show today, and we both enjoyed it. He wasn't very involved but I'm glad that he was there because this wedding is for the both of us, and I wouldn't imagine him not being with me for it. He enjoyed the cake and food samples and we had fun together.

Whoever you go with though, have fun! I brought my MOH along, who I haven't seen in awhile, and we had a blast.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I did not bring FI to the one I went to. Suggestions: Make up an email address just for vendors, do not give them information about you unless you absolutely want more info on them, and make name and address stickers so you don't have to do a lot of writing.

If you put your name and address down you will get hounded like crazy (hense the second email address). David's Bridal/i think Mens Warehouse are basically the same company and will call and call and call but wont leave a message.

Also, if you get to a vendor that has "Dinner 4 2" DONT sign up. It is a scam.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards