Knottie Tech Help
Options

Come out, come out, whoever you are!

OK. Last week, on the 18th, Knot Porscha said, "Thank you all so much for your suggestions, feedback, and recommendations over the last few weeks. After reviewing your nominations, we have selected 30 members who we think would make great mods. We will be messaging these members and mods will be in place by early next week. For now, these mods will be assigned to the active general boards, but we will also be adding mods to the local boards soon." It is early "next week". No mods are in place. Is anyone willing to step forward to confirm that members were, in fact, even contacted? Because if that has yet to happen, we not only are being given false hope, but false information as well.

Re: Come out, come out, whoever you are!

• Options
    Tuesday is still "early." I will stay positive!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    And I nominated you, by the way, MobKaz! Just FYI.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Maybe they went with the secret mods? How creepy would that be?
  • Options
    Or maybe all the mods are new specials that don't want to admit they were chosen.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    AddieCake said:
    Curious.  Were you on a syrup high at the time, Addie?
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    AddieCake said:
    Curious.  Were you on a syrup high at the time, Addie?

Nope!
  • Options
    I was not contacted, but not surprising given my recent sabbatical. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they make an announcement at 5pm today or even tomorrow. 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I think it's safe to say we're at "mid next week" and I haven't seen any mods on any boards.
  • Options
    Ha. The announcement WAS addressed to the Nesties....so maybe they're the ones getting mods.
  • Options
    people are getting inboxed about it, but not me. Sad face. I guess it's none for Gretchen Weiners!
  • Options
    I'm kinda sad I didn't get a message. Oh well, TK loses out yet again.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Good, Allie! I nominated you!
  • Options
    ashleyepashleyep member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited July 2014
    I got one! Thanks to whomever nominated me.

I haven't gotten an email yet though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was shocked that I was nominated as well. I requested more information in regards to being a mod.

• Options
    AddieCake said:
    Good, Allie! I nominated you!
    Aww, thanks! I think I did volunteer the last time they asked, but I didn't expect anyone to nominate me.
  • Options
    kmmssg said:
    I got one tooooooo
    you would be awesome. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Lynda? What about you? I nominated you and was sure you would get it. And I knew kmmssg would.
  • Options
    Of course, my wedding is in 10 days, so depending on when these mod duties start I might be AWOL on my honeymoon.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yay for MairePoppy! And yay for Ashley and Emmaa, too. I'm just waiting to see how many "old regs" didn't get selected, (and so far there are a bunch) and I'm sure we all know why we didn't. :)
  • Options
    I received one. Honestly, I'm rather surprised. Just trying to get some further information. But you people are fab, so it is going to be difficult to live up to your standards! :)
  • Options
    emmaaa said:
    AddieCake said:
    Yay for MairePoppy! And yay for Ashley and Emmaa, too. I'm just waiting to see how many "old regs" didn't get selected, (and so far there are a bunch) and I'm sure we all know why we didn't. :)
    I'm really hoping there is a good balance of older and newer regs to mod. It think that be the best way to keep the board balanced.
    I agree. Lisa, I am not at all surprised you got picked. I nominated you as well. I think you have been quite an asset since you came here.
  • Options
    The message I got indicated it's going to be one mod per board but they didn't specify which I would be modding. And really, some boards could be doubled/tripled up due to low traffic and others really need multiple mods (like Etiquette and Chit Chat, for sheer post volume).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards