Chit Chat
Options

@laqueredlover

Re: @laqueredlover

• Options
    slothiegalslothiegal member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    More helpful advice: allow your FIL to bring a date to the wedding.
    ETA clarity
    Anniversary

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Oh and please don't act like you're cooler than anyone else because you blog for a living and are internet famous, or whore out your link then call us all suckers because you make as revenue off every click. We already think you're cool.
    I don't think we'll have a problem with the FABULOUS Miz Lacquer, but you know she who must not be named is reading this and seething.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Pleased to meet you @laqueredlover.  Sounds like you'll fit in well here.
    I missed your epic post. Anyone care to recap?

• Options

SITB - Ditto. I fail at stalking epicness :(

Anniversary
  • Options
    @ladymilil if you take a gander at the 'what happened' thread, you'll see that moutonrouge explained how to find the cached copy ;D
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

SITB - Ditto. I fail at stalking epicness :(
    See the post about "what happened to that crazy thread..." where jbeans says that the FI she thought was cheating and she was breaking it off two months ago came back and said they are pulling together a wedding in 3 weeks....she then did not like all the concern for her, may or may not be 5 weeks pregnant, FI may or may not be a total jerk, post may or may not be MUD.

Laquer came in and said, essentially, "I'm new, and even I  can smell the pile you just dumped here....everyone has been trying to be supportive, give you good advice- if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen."

Was awesome, epic, and very eloquent. Even Evil Chipmunk lowered her bourbon, her jaw dropped, and then she gave Laquer a thumbs up.
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Hi @lacqueredlover‌! We're happy to have you and your sage wisdom!

ETA - your ring is amaaaaaaaazing
  • Options
    beethery said:
    How do you feel about cheese???????
    If I can build off this... specifically, macaroni and cheese?

If you dont' like mac and cheese, you're a monster.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    @ladymilil if you take a gander at the 'what happened' thread, you'll see that moutonrouge explained how to find the cached copy ;D
    I couldn't find anything that lacquered said. It only had jbeans OP, Sarah and larrygaga. 

• Options
    Welcome, @lacqueredlover! I think you're the first person I've encountered lately who has more makeup than I do (I was a makeup artist for a long time). LOVED your post in the now-deleted thread.

Now the key is... when I finally get out from under the pile of wedding leftovers I'm under, will you be joining the NNJ/NYC TK meetups? I want to do dim sum in Chinatown. :D
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I don't know why everyone is asking questions but if you were betting on racing gorillas out of these two which would you bet on?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Awww maannnnn I wish I could be this cool...

image   image   image

• Options

Don't worry @sugargirl1019 I never got a lovefest thread either. Just more reason for us to be besties.

Loooove. We can start our own love fest sharing sexy time stories over there.

image   image   image

• Options
    Oh and please don't act like you're cooler than anyone else because you blog for a living and are internet famous, or whore out your link then call us all suckers because you make as revenue off every click. We already think you're cool.
    That was some mega self entitled shit show.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lulu411 said:
    HOLY SHIT your ring is gorgeous!

I also just read up on your intro on the other post, that I completely missed earlier because I assumed that thread wouldn't be very exciting and went back to work. I like you!
    Haha thanks so much!  And yes that thread was entertaining

• Options
    lc07 said:
    Ha ok this is my ring!  The center stone was my grandmothers, my mom added the halo and had it set differently.  After my FI proposed to me with it when we were in Nashville (my parents gave it to him to use when he told them he wanted to propose), we had it reset back here so I could choose the setting!  I love it!
    Hot damn.

I think she could distract a lot of zombies with the shine off that ring!
    That's actually my back up plan of action for the zombie apocolypse haha
    I think this is super genius. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you could load and fire a crossbow single handedly. But in case you can't, dibs on holding your ring and shining it in Zombie's faces to slow them down.
    New goal - learn how to load and shoot crossbow with one hand.  Although my hands are really small and I"m lacking in upper body strength so that might be difficult

• Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    Hi there! Fellow New Yorker here. Your ring is fabulous, I am in love with it.

How do you feel about cats?
    Thank you!  Are you a fellow NYC gal?

I'm highly allergic to cats so I stick with dogs but I don't have anything against cats.  My FMIL has one that is very sweet

• Options
    late into the party, but welcome laquer! I greatly enjoyed your post calling jbeans out on her bs before the DD.

Few tips:

puppy gifs, kitty gifs, really, any adorable, cute, funny small animal gifs go over very very well on this board, regardless of the pop culture references or lack thereof.

(don't think you'd do this, you seem pretty awesome), never ever suggest you're registering with honeyfund or a related money registry/dollar dance, etc. If Evil Chipmunk doesn't get you, slothie will send a horde of sloths to snuggle you- this is a trap, the sloths will drown you in cuteness until the rest of us arrive.

Virtual wine, cookies, margaritas, cake, chocolate, and other booze is regularly "poured" here.

As you've seen from other posts, we're not above calling people out on their BS, or making snarky comments about ridiculous ideas/behaviors, normally referring to this as your "evil" side coming out

*Hoists a double margarita on the rocks* Welcome! Please Stay!
    Haha awesome, thanks for the tips!  

• Options
    lc07 said:
    lc07 said:
    Are you opposed to living with us on a sloth farm?

What skills can you bring to the table in the case of Zombie Apocalypse?

Sounds wonderful.

I actually know how to use a crossbow.  
    Mom? ( @ohannabelle ),

Can we keep her? 

Edited: to fix tag
    Wine, cheese, huge no the cash bar and no to jiggly mayonnaise? And can handle a crossbow? 
    100% Annabelle approved. Especially the crossbow thing. It's always entertaining to have a danger element mixed in with virtues. 
    I can also shoot a regular bow and arrow Katniss style (but not as well.)  I can do her 5 strand braid too, lol

• Options
    Oh and please don't act like you're cooler than anyone else because you blog for a living and are internet famous, or whore out your link then call us all suckers because you make ad revenue off every click. We already think you're cool.

edited to fix typo
    Haha god I wish I could blog full time and not have to freelance my ass off or that ad clicks made any significant amount of money!  I mainly blog on social media (facebook and instagram) for fun, but it allows me to do fun stuff in the city and be creative which I really enjoy!

• Options
    More helpful advice: allow your FIL to bring a date to the wedding.
    ETA clarity
    FIL meaning my future in laws?  They are all married and I assume will be bringing their spouses haha

• Options
    beethery said:
    I don't think we'll have a problem with the FABULOUS Miz Lacquer, but you know she who must not be named is reading this and seething.
    I feel like I"m missing a really juicy story now.  Tell me tell me tell me!!!!

• Options
    larrygaga said:
    I don't know why everyone is asking questions but if you were betting on racing gorillas out of these two which would you bet on?

That is an epic question.  I'm gonna go with the one in the back, I like his blue legs

• Options
    Don't worry @sugargirl1019 I never got a lovefest thread either. Just more reason for us to be besties.
    I promise I'm not really cool.  Can I be friends with you guys, too?

• Options
    Welcome, @lacqueredlover! I think you're the first person I've encountered lately who has more makeup than I do (I was a makeup artist for a long time). LOVED your post in the now-deleted thread.

Now the key is... when I finally get out from under the pile of wedding leftovers I'm under, will you be joining the NNJ/NYC TK meetups? I want to do dim sum in Chinatown. :D
    ah a makeup artist!  Amazing!  I wish I could do other peoples makeup but I'm terrible at it!

I didn't know there was such a meetup but I would love to!  Dim sum is one of my faves!

• Options
    I promise I'm not really cool.  Can I be friends with you guys, too?
    Cool AND humble?  Damn.  ;)

• Options
    beethery said:
    I feel like I"m missing a really juicy story now.  Tell me tell me tell me!!!!
    There once was a lady who was having a vow renewal. The lady was a blogger who writes movie reviews and also feels that she is the lord and savior of helping new brides by trying to whore her blog out on here with giveaways and shit.

When she says something snotty and no one is a fan, she then says things like a obnoxious tween, such as "I love my haters" and other statements that make you want to punch things. She has been warned multiple times for promoting her blog because she has mentioned frequently that every click gains her money through her advertisers. She will thank you for visiting. I posted my IP and told her she could verify that I would never in a million years touch that nonsense.

She has not been back since she got warned for whoring the blog on the vow renewal board (directing traffic away from the TK for your own personal gain is against TOS). It has been nice, because the dumdum percentage went down significantly in her absence.

You are not an asshole, so this should not be a problem for you :)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards