Chit Chat

@laqueredlover

Re: @laqueredlover

• Awww maannnnn I wish I could be this cool...

Don't worry @sugargirl1019 I never got a lovefest thread either. Just more reason for us to be besties.
    Loooove. We can start our own love fest sharing sexy time stories over there.

I promise I'm not really cool.  Can I be friends with you guys, too?

YES.

image   image   image

• beethery said:
    beethery said:
    Oh and please don't act like you're cooler than anyone else because you blog for a living and are internet famous, or whore out your link then call us all suckers because you make as revenue off every click. We already think you're cool.
    I don't think we'll have a problem with the FABULOUS Miz Lacquer, but you know she who must not be named is reading this and seething.
    I feel like I"m missing a really juicy story now.  Tell me tell me tell me!!!!
    There once was a lady who was having a vow renewal. The lady was a blogger who writes movie reviews and also feels that she is the lord and savior of helping new brides by trying to whore her blog out on here with giveaways and shit.

When she says something snotty and no one is a fan, she then says things like a obnoxious tween, such as "I love my haters" and other statements that make you want to punch things. She has been warned multiple times for promoting her blog because she has mentioned frequently that every click gains her money through her advertisers. She will thank you for visiting. I posted my IP and told her she could verify that I would never in a million years touch that nonsense.

She has not been back since she got warned for whoring the blog on the vow renewal board (directing traffic away from the TK for your own personal gain is against TOS). It has been nice, because the dumdum percentage went down significantly in her absence.

You are not an asshole, so this should not be a problem for you :)
    Ugh, gross.  People are literally the worst. 

• beethery said:
    beethery said:
    Oh and please don't act like you're cooler than anyone else because you blog for a living and are internet famous, or whore out your link then call us all suckers because you make as revenue off every click. We already think you're cool.
    I don't think we'll have a problem with the FABULOUS Miz Lacquer, but you know she who must not be named is reading this and seething.
    There once was a lady who was having a vow renewal. The lady was a blogger who writes movie reviews and also feels that she is the lord and savior of helping new brides by trying to whore her blog out on here with giveaways and shit.

When she says something snotty and no one is a fan, she then says things like a obnoxious tween, such as "I love my haters" and other statements that make you want to punch things. She has been warned multiple times for promoting her blog because she has mentioned frequently that every click gains her money through her advertisers. She will thank you for visiting. I posted my IP and told her she could verify that I would never in a million years touch that nonsense.

She has not been back since she got warned for whoring the blog on the vow renewal board (directing traffic away from the TK for your own personal gain is against TOS). It has been nice, because the dumdum percentage went down significantly in her absence.

I was just wondering what happened to her not too long ago.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! 

It's so nice to see cool new folks around here. It's even better when they like cheese and put drama queens in their place!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yup, I'm a Fellow NYC gal :) and I also have a high tolerance for alcohol. We will get along wonderfully.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Yup, I'm a Fellow NYC gal :) and I also have a high tolerance for alcohol. We will get along wonderfully.
    Awesome!  I live in Chelsea!  

• Welcome! 

It's so nice to see cool new folks around here. It's even better when they like cheese and put drama queens in their place!
    Thank you!

And that's actually under the special skills section of my resume "likes cheese and puts drama queens in their place.  Low tolerance for bullshit, high tolerance for alcohol."
    Jesus H Christ I love you.
    Anniversary

• Cookie PusherCookie Pusher member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Welcome, @lacqueredlover! I think you're the first person I've encountered lately who has more makeup than I do (I was a makeup artist for a long time). LOVED your post in the now-deleted thread.

Now the key is... when I finally get out from under the pile of wedding leftovers I'm under, will you be joining the NNJ/NYC TK meetups? I want to do dim sum in Chinatown. :D
    ah a makeup artist!  Amazing!  I wish I could do other peoples makeup but I'm terrible at it!

I didn't know there was such a meetup but I would love to!  Dim sum is one of my faves!
    I haven't done much work in the last few years now that I have a full-time corporate gig again so I'm a bit rusty. However, I can do other people's makeup so much better than I can do my own. Especially fake lashes. I CANNOT put them on myself for some reason.

And yes, we've been trying to periodically have meetups for the NNJ/NYC gals. We've done 2 in JC so far, but I'm not opposed to doing something cool in NYC that involves good food and/or booze.

ETA: Plusandalso, if you were Asian, I'd swear you were my long lost, 4-years younger, twin. I swear, I feel like the only person who's allergic to cats. I can never visit people because their cats all try to snuggle me to death. :(
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Welcome, @lacqueredlover! I think you're the first person I've encountered lately who has more makeup than I do (I was a makeup artist for a long time). LOVED your post in the now-deleted thread.

Now the key is... when I finally get out from under the pile of wedding leftovers I'm under, will you be joining the NNJ/NYC TK meetups? I want to do dim sum in Chinatown. :D
    ah a makeup artist!  Amazing!  I wish I could do other peoples makeup but I'm terrible at it!

I didn't know there was such a meetup but I would love to!  Dim sum is one of my faves!
    I haven't done much work in the last few years now that I have a full-time corporate gig again so I'm a bit rusty. However, I can do other people's makeup so much better than I can do my own. Especially fake lashes. I CANNOT put them on myself for some reason.

And yes, we've been trying to periodically have meetups for the NNJ/NYC gals. We've done 2 in JC so far, but I'm not opposed to doing something cool in NYC that involves good food and/or booze.

ETA: Plusandalso, if you were Asian, I'd swear you were my long lost, 4-years younger, twin. I swear, I feel like the only person who's allergic to cats. I can never visit people because their cats all try to snuggle me to death. :(
    Oh man, now I want to live in NYC too!!! 
  • lc07 said:
    Ha ok this is my ring!  The center stone was my grandmothers, my mom added the halo and had it set differently.  After my FI proposed to me with it when we were in Nashville (my parents gave it to him to use when he told them he wanted to propose), we had it reset back here so I could choose the setting!  I love it!
    Hot damn.

I think she could distract a lot of zombies with the shine off that ring!
    That's actually my back up plan of action for the zombie apocolypse haha
    I think this is super genius. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you could load and fire a crossbow single handedly. But in case you can't, dibs on holding your ring and shining it in Zombie's faces to slow them down.
    New goal - learn how to load and shoot crossbow with one hand.  Although my hands are really small and I"m lacking in upper body strength so that might be difficult
    No, no. Carry on with your regular crossbow method, and fork over the ring! 

Also, I love Chelsea. I live in California but when I visit NYC I stay in Chelsea.

Alsoalso, no pressure to be awesome all the time. Most of us have been assholes at some point. What happens is someone has a come-to-Jesus with you and says, "you're acting like an asshole". You realize this is true and see the light. You stop acting like an asshole. We all carry on as a happy dysfunctional family and have margaritas. Or you don't see the light, say no, no YOU guys are the assholes and you GBCK and we have margaritas without you. I doubt the latter will happen.
  • lc07 said:
    lc07 said:
    Ha ok this is my ring!  The center stone was my grandmothers, my mom added the halo and had it set differently.  After my FI proposed to me with it when we were in Nashville (my parents gave it to him to use when he told them he wanted to propose), we had it reset back here so I could choose the setting!  I love it!
    Hot damn.

I think this is super genius. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you could load and fire a crossbow single handedly. But in case you can't, dibs on holding your ring and shining it in Zombie's faces to slow them down.
    New goal - learn how to load and shoot crossbow with one hand.  Although my hands are really small and I"m lacking in upper body strength so that might be difficult

Also, I love Chelsea. I live in California but when I visit NYC I stay in Chelsea.

Alsoalso, no pressure to be awesome all the time. Most of us have been assholes at some point. What happens is someone has a come-to-Jesus with you and says, "you're acting like an asshole". You realize this is true and see the light. You stop acting like an asshole. We all carry on as a happy dysfunctional family and have margaritas. Or you don't see the light, say no, no YOU guys are the assholes and you GBCK and we have margaritas without you. I doubt the latter will happen.
    Haha trust me this is not my first internet forum, I know how they go!  Thanks for the tips!  And what is GBCK?  I'm slowly learning the acronyms around here (took me like a week to figure out what PPD was.)

• lc07 said:
    lc07 said:
    Hot damn.

Haha trust me this is not my first internet forum, I know how they go!  Thanks for the tips!  And what is GBCK?  I'm slowly learning the acronyms around here (took me like a week to figure out what PPD was.)
    *cue dramatic music or hissy fit* GBCK=Goodbye Cruel Knot. It's when they peace out forever (or until they change their name and come back. They always come back).
  • @lacqueredlover‌

WELCOME. I'm kinda a newbie, only been posting on here for a few months, but it's really cool that you joined.

Seems like you'll fit right in with everyone what with the mutual love of cheese, alcohol and chocolate.

I'm so happy to read that you have beauty tips up the wazoo. I, like some other members of the TK boards, seem to have missed key lessons and information about how to actually be a girl. I'm sure many of us will be flocking to you for advice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cwradford said:
    @lacqueredlover‌ WELCOME. I'm kinda a newbie, only been posting on here for a few months, but it's really cool that you joined. Seems like you'll fit right in with everyone what with the mutual love of cheese, alcohol and chocolate. I'm so happy to read that you have beauty tips up the wazoo. I, like some other members of the TK boards, seem to have missed key lessons and information about how to actually be a girl. I'm sure many of us will be flocking to you for advice.
    Hello there!  I'm happy to help with any tips!  I'm not particularly talented with hair or makeup or anything like that but I've learned the tricks to make it easier!  If I can do it, anyone can!

• KatieinBklnKatieinBkln member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    cwradford said:
    @lacqueredlover‌ WELCOME. I'm kinda a newbie, only been posting on here for a few months, but it's really cool that you joined. Seems like you'll fit right in with everyone what with the mutual love of cheese, alcohol and chocolate. I'm so happy to read that you have beauty tips up the wazoo. I, like some other members of the TK boards, seem to have missed key lessons and information about how to actually be a girl. I'm sure many of us will be flocking to you for advice.
    Hello there!  I'm happy to help with any tips!  I'm not particularly talented with hair or makeup or anything like that but I've learned the tricks to make it easier!  If I can do it, anyone can!

STUCK IN BOX EFF MY LIFE

ETF: formatting, not that it will actually be fixed.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • cwradford said:

STUCK IN BOX EFF MY LIFE

Seconded...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• cwradford said:

@lacqueredlover‌

WELCOME. I'm kinda a newbie, only been posting on here for a few months, but it's really cool that you joined.

Seems like you'll fit right in with everyone what with the mutual love of cheese, alcohol and chocolate.

I'm so happy to read that you have beauty tips up the wazoo. I, like some other members of the TK boards, seem to have missed key lessons and information about how to actually be a girl. I'm sure many of us will be flocking to you for advice.

STUCK IN BOX EFF MY LIFE

Seconded...

Thirded. (That sounds funny)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• beethery said:
    beethery said:

@beethery, thank you.

@lacqueredlover Welcome! 
  • Welcome, @lacqueredlover! I think you're the first person I've encountered lately who has more makeup than I do (I was a makeup artist for a long time). LOVED your post in the now-deleted thread.

SITB (WTF)
    Ugh I know the struggle that comes with this. Before I went to make up school I could NEVER put fake lashes on and then after a few months of practice it becomes easier. Now it's so easy to put them on myself, I wanna kick my own butt because I missed out on so many beautiful years of fake lashes! Now I find it's much easier on me than when I do make up for other women because I know my eye shape so well. And yes I'm jealous, I wish I could come to these gals nights too :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • No way! I live in chelsea too!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    No way! I live in chelsea too!
    haha really?  Small world!  I've been here almost 4 years now (Was on the UES before that for 2 years).  My fiance grew up on 24th and 2nd!

• Wow so awesome. I mostly grew up in Chelsea, and moved to BK a few years ago. My parents decided to live upstate so I got to take the apartment :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Wow so awesome. I mostly grew up in Chelsea, and moved to BK a few years ago. My parents decided to live upstate so I got to take the apartment :)
    Haha awesome!  Neighbors!

• SITB (WTF)
    Ugh I know the struggle that comes with this. Before I went to make up school I could NEVER put fake lashes on and then after a few months of practice it becomes easier. Now it's so easy to put them on myself, I wanna kick my own butt because I missed out on so many beautiful years of fake lashes! Now I find it's much easier on me than when I do make up for other women because I know my eye shape so well. And yes I'm jealous, I wish I could come to these gals nights too :(
    I have the extra fat pocket on my eyelids, so I just don't have the patience to put them on and hold the lid up so the strip doesn't stick to it (I swear, the lashes always stick if I don't do this). Funny story. I can't see a damn thing without my glasses and contacts are a no-go for me since no one makes disposables. I was putting lashes on one day and got distracted doing the second set. And glued my eye shut. Seriously. I guess the strip slid down too far and the glue was still wet and just ugh. No permanent damage or anything, but it was a bitch trying to get myself to the bathroom to wash the glue off with only one mostly-blind eye.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Next NYC area TK meet up is in Chelsea you guys!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

Next NYC area TK meet up is in Chelsea you guys!

I'm going to convince DH we need to fly up to NYC. And then ditch him for y'all.

image   image   image

• pinkcow13 said:

Next NYC area TK meet up is in Chelsea you guys!

I'm going to convince DH we need to fly up to NYC. And then ditch him for y'all.
    DO IT. ASAP.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• SITB (WTF)
    I have the extra fat pocket on my eyelids, so I just don't have the patience to put them on and hold the lid up so the strip doesn't stick to it (I swear, the lashes always stick if I don't do this). Funny story. I can't see a damn thing without my glasses and contacts are a no-go for me since no one makes disposables. I was putting lashes on one day and got distracted doing the second set. And glued my eye shut. Seriously. I guess the strip slid down too far and the glue was still wet and just ugh. No permanent damage or anything, but it was a bitch trying to get myself to the bathroom to wash the glue off with only one mostly-blind eye.
    Poor you, I admit this makes things more difficult. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Caught up on all this, now sad I live far away from NYC (that will probably change if there's another snowpocalypse and you all come camp out at my place.

Slothie, unleash the herd! laquer deserves sloth cuddles in the non trap form!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards