Wedding 911

Kids at the Wedding...SOS!!

13»

Re: Kids at the Wedding...SOS!!

• Is this a joke? Equating the word WASP to disgusting racial slurs?!?! I can't with this.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    My former students were taught BY THEIR PARENTS that to call someone "white" was insulting.  One parent even made their child apologize to me for calling me white.  I was very surprised.

On my first day at the school, another teacher started talking to me and asked me about my background.  After a few minutes, she said "Oh, my God, you're a WASP?  What the hell are YOU doing here?"   I replied, "The same as you.  I am teaching children."  At the PTSA meetings, among parents,  I was often referred to as "Mrs. Doe - you know, the white lady."

Racism can be a matter of perspective.  Yes, WASP is a disgusting racial slur, as all racial slurs are disgusting.  Don't use it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It's not an insult to see race. To deny race is what's racist.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Is anyone else getting as sick of this thread's being hijacked for a fight over racial slurs as I am?
  • CMGragain said:

My former students were taught BY THEIR PARENTS that to call someone "white" was insulting.  One parent even made their child apologize to me for calling me white.  I was very surprised.

On my first day at the school, another teacher started talking to me and asked me about my background.  After a few minutes, she said "Oh, my God, you're a WASP?  What the hell are YOU doing here?"   I replied, "The same as you.  I am teaching children."  At the PTSA meetings, among parents,  I was often referred to as "Mrs. Doe - you know, the white lady."

Racism can be a matter of perspective.  Yes, WASP is a disgusting racial slur, as all racial slurs are disgusting.  Don't use it.

Please tell me about all the hardships WASPs have endured in this country.
  • @KnotRiley‌, this has gotten really ugly and isn't going to be resolved in a good way on its own, it appears.
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Viczaesar said:

Jen4948 said:

@KnotRiley‌, this has gotten really ugly and isn't going to be resolved in a good way on its own, it appears.

If you don't want to read what's being said, why don't you just leave the thread?  Nobody here needs you to call mommy on us.  

Sorry, but it looks like someone needs to act as mommy when no one else, including you, is capable of resolving things here without making a sophomoric snotty comment. It's not up to you who ignores what. But since you ask, I usually do have you on ignore. Since you decided to insult me personally, I did not, and do not, have to always do that, and I'm definitely not going to do it at your request.
  • Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:
    @KnotRiley‌, this has gotten really ugly and isn't going to be resolved in a good way on its own, it appears.
    If you don't want to read what's being said, why don't you just leave the thread?  Nobody here needs you to call mommy on us.  
    Sorry, but it looks like someone needs to act as mommy when no one else, including you, is capable of resolving things here without making a sophomoric snotty comment. It's not up to you who ignores what. But since you ask, I usually do have you on ignore. Since you decided to insult me personally, I did not, and do not, have to always do that, and I'm definitely not going to do it at your request.
    And it's not up to you what threads should be shut down.  I really DGAF if you have me on ignore at all, and did not ask whether you did.  I also didn't insult you personally.  

Speaking of sophomoric snotty comments, it's quite ironic that you - whose favorite comeback is 'I know you are but what am I?' - are throwing that label on other posters.

• Can't we all just get along???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards