Getting in Shape
Options

FAQ for Getting in Shape Board!

KnotRileyKnotRiley admin
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited December 2015 in Getting in Shape
Hi!  Welcome to the GIS board!  There is a great group of ladies on this board and I'm confident that we can help direct you towards achieving your personal fitness and weight loss goals.

The GIS board is a group of highly supportive brides to be, working towards their life long health and fitness goals.

Vendors are not permitted to post on the Knot without express permission from the company.  Please do not promote your Body by Vi, Shakeweight, Personal Training company, Spray Your Fat Away, Body Wrap, type business here.  You will be banned from the site for failure to comply.

FAQ

The knot has a search function.  Before you ask a question, take a quick search to see if anyone has already asked about the same thing.  Some questions are VERY common on this board and have been answered a thousand times before.

The following questions are regularly asked. Please read these first before posting:

• What diet will help me lose weight quickly? None. Sustained weight loss will   require that you change your lifestyle and combine healthy eating with exercise. It is said that weight loss can be up to 80% diet and 20% exercise. If you stick within your daily calories and exercise programs, you should have great success.   Healthy, sustainable weight loss happens at a rate of 1-2 lbs per week, or around 1% of your weight.

• How can I track my daily food intake?  Free sites like SparkPeople, MyFitnessPal (both free and have apps) and other are great, as well as paid programs like Weight Watchers.

• What are some great exercise videos that help with  toning? The 30 Day Shred, Insanity, P90X, NYC Ballet Workout, Bridalicious Boot Camp

• What is C25K? C25K stands for the Couch to 5K program. It's a program designed to help facilitate the running of a 5K by slowly working up to it.  You can use Google to find out more information and to set yourself up with this program.

If you need a "buddy" to keep you on track, keep an eye out for one of our Workout Accountability threads. 

A great place to check-in! If you're on MyFitnessPal, check out this thread and share your MFP name to make more friends:

If you're looking for a bit of advice on how to lose weight, check out this thread for tips:

If you're looking for healthy recipes:

If you have a blog or website you'd like to recommend, please post it here:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards