Options

Facebook overshare snark

Re: Facebook overshare snark

• Options
    mrsk616mrsk616 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    KatWAG said:

Ugh, a girl I know just did that but she only posted 730.

I have a friend. Like a real friend, someone I really like, and hang out with. But I am about ready to block her on FB. She posted a weekly fb photo ablum of her kid, with about 100 pictures. And sadly her mom, sister, cousins encourage her by commenting and liking all the photos. She is also the person who post every single funny/ weird/ sad/ ironic thing that happens in her day. Now, everytime she posts something I just want to yell at her.

my cousin has been doing the same thing. maybe 5-6 a day maybe more. its the most annoying thing ever. i actually deleted a cousin off facebook because all she talked about was going hawaii and doesnt have a job. she would talk about how crazy her days were when she doesnt work and hasnt worked a day in her life because of disability.

i have also did a mass facebook delete and kept people because they just post some of the craziest things ever. 
  • Options
    I actually like to look at people's photos, even if we're not really close in real life. But that's why it's important to edit! It's fun and easy to scroll through a few dozen, or even 100+ photos if it's of an exotic locale. I can go through that in less than a minute.  But a thousand or more?  Useless!  No one is going to look at that! It's like your guaranteeing that no one will look at your photos by posting that many. 

But my biggest pet peeve is putting up a bunch of photos, anywhere from a dozen to a few hundred, that are just dumped on facebook and not edited at all. You do NOT need to share 20 random snap shots of the living room on xmas morning while the family opened presents. Who wants to see that? The only pictures I actually want to see on facebook are the ones that you would consciously choose to put into a physical album or scrapbook. They can be posed, portraits, or candid shots, I don't care--but there shouldn't be a bunch of almost-identical ones, and there shouldn't be a bunch of crap no one (even you) cares about. And mostly, there shouldn't be a bunch of candid shots where EVERYONE looks absolutely terrible--like eyes half closed, food halfway in the mouth, chewing, bending over, etc. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO PEOPLE, YOU IGNORANT, INSENSITIVE JERK? Whew, wow, that turned into a bit of a rampage. Can you tell I'm thinking of one person in particular? hahaha. 
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    MandyMost said:
    I actually like to look at people's photos, even if we're not really close in real life. But that's why it's important to edit! It's fun and easy to scroll through a few dozen, or even 100+ photos if it's of an exotic locale. I can go through that in less than a minute.  But a thousand or more?  Useless!  No one is going to look at that! It's like your guaranteeing that no one will look at your photos by posting that many. 

But my biggest pet peeve is putting up a bunch of photos, anywhere from a dozen to a few hundred, that are just dumped on facebook and not edited at all. You do NOT need to share 20 random snap shots of the living room on xmas morning while the family opened presents. Who wants to see that? The only pictures I actually want to see on facebook are the ones that you would consciously choose to put into a physical album or scrapbook. They can be posed, portraits, or candid shots, I don't care--but there shouldn't be a bunch of almost-identical ones, and there shouldn't be a bunch of crap no one (even you) cares about. And mostly, there shouldn't be a bunch of candid shots where EVERYONE looks absolutely terrible--like eyes half closed, food halfway in the mouth, chewing, bending over, etc. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO PEOPLE, YOU IGNORANT, INSENSITIVE JERK? Whew, wow, that turned into a bit of a rampage. Can you tell I'm thinking of one person in particular? hahaha. 
    All of this.

I also really get annoyed with people who post a couple selfies a day.  I had one friend who would post a couple selfies a day and they were  ALL EXACTLY THE SAME!  Her hair and makeup look maybe a teensy bit different.  And they're selfies, so it's not like the background even changed.  Sure maybe you can just barely see it's a car around the edges of this one and it's a house around the edges of her head in that one, but they're all the same!  

That girl, I'm still friends with on FB, but I unfollowed her so her stuff never shows up in my newsfeed anymore because I got so tired of the selfies.
  • Options

As long as it's not children, I like looking at peoples pics. Maybe I'm just nosey? Dogs, cats, new houses, vacations, rings, weddings, gimme! Gimme all the pictures.

• Options

As long as it's not children, I like looking at peoples pics. Maybe I'm just nosey? Dogs, cats, new houses, vacations, rings, weddings, gimme! Gimme all the pictures.

I'm the same way.  And, for me at least, it is because I am nosey as hell.

• Options
    I'm glad I have another nosey bud!
  • Options

One of my fb friends got engaged about a week or two ago and has posted statuses and photos of her ring DAILY since.  

I really wanna just comment with "THANK GOD you post these every day, I keep forgetting what your ring looks like and it's just gonna bug me all day if I don't hop onto Facebook and see today's update." 
    Is it going to change? Is it a morphing ring?

• Options
    MandyMost said:

OH MY GOD YES.

Nobody needs to see 12 almost-identical pictures of you and your fiance in a prom pose in front of the Christmas tree.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    The thing with the microwave is that there is radiation everywhere, even when you walk down the street. I'll keep using my microwave because sometimes I'm too lazy to cook. 

I remember when people were whining and crying because they thought going through TSA would give them radiation poisoning. My friend went nuts on facebook posting conspiracies against the TSA claiming they were trying to give us cancer and jerk off to our x-rays. It was ridiculous. I was one of the first of my FB friends to go through TSA and I had to explain that it wasn't as crazy as the media was making it seem. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ...One of my family members just posted a status talking about how her son's teacher called and informed her that her son asked a girl in his class if she would show him her "boobies". He's like 5 or so. Klassy, just the thing you should be laughing about on Facebook.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @jellybeann, nah, I'm the same way.  "You're a complete tool bag, but I need to laugh about how you think still think this recipe for homemade glow in the dark playdoh is a great idea."  

I get super mad when people post fake stuff: 

OMG looks at this spider!  They found it under the bed and it's the size of a DOG!  It breathes POISON and it's gluten free!

OMG look at this hunter.  The cougar was right friggin' there, man.  Can't believe he didn't see it.  Or the shark behind it!

OMG CostCo works for the illuminati and they are gathering our personal info so they can team up with China and make fake gucci bags, those communist bastards!

www.snopes.com guys.  Seriously, stop clogging up my feed with photoshopped shit and click bait.
    One of my mom's friend's basically believes anything anyone posts on Facebook ever. Or on the internet in general. So I get, at least once a week, tagged in a conspericy theory post.

My flashlight app is going to kill and I'm gonna get raped if I wear pink. Or something like that. I'm not sure. I used to snoops articles in response until she informed me that snoops is run by the government and they use snoops to lull us into a false sense of security.

So now I'm actually worried she might be mentally ill and should maybe go see a medical professional. But she doesn't believe in therapists either. I didn't ask why. I don't really want to know why. I'm scared to know why.
    My MIL is like this.  There's a good possibility that some kind of mental issue is involved for people who are really "dedicated" to crazy beliefs, but maybe it isn't so bad to need therapy with some people?  Like the debate of butter versus margarine.  Yes MIL, I hear you that margarine will kill me.  I'll keep feeding it to you son regardless.  She's not sneaking into my house and swapping out my margarine for butter yet, so no professional help needed yet.  And I REFUSE to stop eating mushrooms because they have spores that will kill me even if I cook them.  Mushrooms are delicious. 

• Options
    And now one of my FB friends has gotten engaged over the weekend. She's already posting her wedding date (5/28/16 - yes that's a holiday three day weekend.) Told everybody to save the date! Has posted a photo of every single gift she's received from her work, from her future in laws... Ugh. This is going to be a long year and a half.

• Options

I don't even mind the kids thing. I'm nosey and I like to see happy things. Weddings, engagements, kids, dogs, cats, houses, birthdays - give me them all!
  • Options
    And now one of my FB friends has gotten engaged over the weekend. She's already posting her wedding date (5/28/16 - yes that's a holiday three day weekend.) Told everybody to save the date! Has posted a photo of every single gift she's received from her work, from her future in laws... Ugh. This is going to be a long year and a half.
    Ahh oh jeez, I would say unfriend but I want you to stay tuned and give us updates on this trainwreck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    peachy13 said:
    Ahh oh jeez, I would say unfriend but I want you to stay tuned and give us updates on this trainwreck.
    Well the update today is: She's posted another gift basket she got from her Mom on her engagement. AND SHE'S MADE A WEDDING WEBSITE. And posted the link. And told everybody to check it out and she can't wait to share her wedding with everybody. She has over a thousand friends.

• Options
    @teddygirl9 when you tag people and do text formatting to their name, they will not receive a tag notification. Just an FYI.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Shoot. I didnt try to do text formating, I just copied and pasted so it was spelt right. Whoopsies! Thank you.
  • Options
    Shoot. I didnt try to do text formating, I just copied and pasted so it was spelt right. Whoopsies! Thank you.
    It's all good. Sometimes random text-formatting shows up on it's own, so I wasn't sure if you did it or it was a weird code assignment. :)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

Ooh ANOTHER fb friend got engaged- I'm so glad she's sharing at least 5 articles a day along the lines of "10 signs you've found your perfect match" "9 signs yove met the man you should marry" and "5 signs your relationship is perfect,"  I really needed a numbered fucking list from fucking buzz feed with the caption "That's so us, (insert dude's name!)" to show me what a super cute couple they are.  

Except those lists on buzz feed that you're supposed to compare your life to are purposely vague and uses only super common experiences, because the whole point is to get as many people to say "THAT IS SO MEEEE" as possible, or in this case, be validated and get super gushy over the fact that #5. "They smile at you" totally applies to you two.  OMG SOULMATES!!!!!!!

My Facebook friends need to stop getting engaged.  The wedding advertisements popping up all over are irritating enough.  No wonder why there are so many special snowflakes, the second I posted I was engaged Facebook was like OMG U NEED TO PICK OUT YOUR DRESS RIGHT NOW GO TO WEDDINGWIRE DID YOU REGISTER YET REGISTER FOR THIS STUFF!  GIRL I FOUND YOU A HOT PINK BRIDE T-SHIRT.  AND A RHINESTONE ONE.  NO RHINESTONES?  LOL ITS OK I HAVE 20 SITES TO GO THROUGH HERE I WILL FIND YOU A FUCKING BRIDE SHIRT AND YOU WILL FUCKING WEAR IT.
    I feel you. I feel you so much on this.

• Options
    Ooh ANOTHER fb friend got engaged- I'm so glad she's sharing at least 5 articles a day along the lines of "10 signs you've found your perfect match" "9 signs yove met the man you should marry" and "5 signs your relationship is perfect,"  I really needed a numbered fucking list from fucking buzz feed with the caption "That's so us, (insert dude's name!)" to show me what a super cute couple they are.  
    My cousin and his new gf are like this. They've been dating for like 3 months =\ He isn't going to propose to her (at least in the anywhere near future), but I still find it annoying haha.
  • Options
    I have been struggling to stay out of  on not create arguments on Facebook recently.  I have to keep reminding myself that just because it's "served up on a platter" doesn't mean I have to eat it.

It's just so hard to not point out people's stupidity.
  • Options

Except those lists on buzz feed that you're supposed to compare your life to are purposely vague and uses only super common experiences, because the whole point is to get as many people to say "THAT IS SO MEEEE" as possible, or in this case, be validated and get super gushy over the fact that #5. "They smile at you" totally applies to you two.  OMG SOULMATES!!!!!!!

My Facebook friends need to stop getting engaged.  The wedding advertisements popping up all over are irritating enough.  No wonder why there are so many special snowflakes, the second I posted I was engaged Facebook was like OMG U NEED TO PICK OUT YOUR DRESS RIGHT NOW GO TO WEDDINGWIRE DID YOU REGISTER YET REGISTER FOR THIS STUFF!  GIRL I FOUND YOU A HOT PINK BRIDE T-SHIRT.  AND A RHINESTONE ONE.  NO RHINESTONES?  LOL ITS OK I HAVE 20 SITES TO GO THROUGH HERE I WILL FIND YOU A FUCKING BRIDE SHIRT AND YOU WILL FUCKING WEAR IT.
    That's weird.  When I got engaged Facebook started advertising dating websites for hot single dads . . . And also the wedding dresses.  My facebook advertising must be messed up. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards