Chit Chat
Options

Changing the sheets

Re: Changing the sheets

• Options
    I aim for every other week. Sometimes goes to every 3 weeks. 

If we have been particularly 'active' then I will try weekly - but chances are it isn't happening more than every other week. 

BF showers afterwards almost every time anyway (he's a sweaty person. . . . and he hates going to sleep sweaty) , and I go to the bathroom. We have a roll of paper towels or box of tissues on BFs side of the bed.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    The Saturday after my period ends I wash the sheets, so once a month.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Meh. Nothing special in our house re: clean-up. We just avoid wet spots until they dry.
  • Options
    The sheets get washed every two weeks. The duvet cover get washed every four.
  • Options
    As a game changer for you all:

Playtex Feminine Wipes > Tissues

We tried baby wipes once (they were cheaper), but they seemed to irritate me (go figure).  

I also go to the bathroom right away, but those are seriously great and help with about 90% of cleanup.  

• Options
    I'm so glad I can talk to you ladies about this!  We do use paper towels, and I go to the bathroom right away, but sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned, so I was thinking there was some secret magical trick to cleaning up after sexy time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Put us in the disgusting category too.  They were washed last weeks though!!  Yay me!!  We don't ften get wet spots though, cos we either use condoms (cos I'm paranoid at getting preggo, and TMI alert, but I find anything left over tends to leak out over the next 12-24 hours and it feels icky), or we grab  kleenex from beside the bed.  No mess that way.  

The rest of our house is clean though, cos we pay someone to clean the house pretty well about once a month or so.  We tidy it up the rest of the time, do the kitchen, etc.  

• Options
    We're also disgusting. Maybe once a month. My mom attempted to teach me to do it every two weeks. I wish I had like, learned the willpower to clean like my mom does. Her house looks clean. Not perfect, but clean, taken care of.

I'm barely above college dorm room from hell.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I do mine every week. I love the smell and feel of clean sheets.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    As a game changer for you all:

Playtex Feminine Wipes > Tissues

We tried baby wipes once (they were cheaper), but they seemed to irritate me (go figure).  

I also go to the bathroom right away, but those are seriously great and help with about 90% of cleanup.  
    I get the summer's eve aloe ones. I am a fan.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I love you guys, and I feel so much better about being a lazy slob now. 

• Options
    Viczaesar said:
    I love you guys, and I feel so much better about being a lazy slob now. 
    lol me too! I thought I was gross but now I'm feeling pretty darn normal! 

• Options

Nasty girls!!  Just kidding :)  But I feel like a freak now for changing my sheets twice a week.  I cannot deal with sex messes.  A tissue doesn't really cut it.  Plus, I have noticed since I started washing them more often, my face breaks out less.  Clean pillowcases apparently do wonders for my skin!

• Options
    @amelisha‌ check out that ceiling fan dust.
    ahem, and this here dust, also.
    You just need the long/extendable Swiffer duster.  It's how I clean all my fans.  Easy peasy! :)

• Options
    behsco90 said:

I'm so glad I can talk to you ladies about this!  We do use paper towels, and I go to the bathroom right away, but sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned, so I was thinking there was some secret magical trick to cleaning up after sexy time.

Pure Romance sells a scented powder that you can spray over the wet spot if you're really concerned. Dries it right up. Basically overpriced corn starch but it's fancy.

• Options
    You just need the long/extendable Swiffer duster.  It's how I clean all my fans.  Easy peasy! :)
    I think this amount calls for the pillow case method.  lol.  You could also take an old pillowcase, and put it over the blades and then pull off the dust that way.  Then you can follow up with something like  a Swiffer so the dust doesn't get everywhere.  If I don't do it that way, SO sneezes for days.  Poor guy. 

• Options
    levioosa said:
    I think this amount calls for the pillow case method.  lol.  You could also take an old pillowcase, and put it over the blades and then pull off the dust that way.  Then you can follow up with something like  a Swiffer so the dust doesn't get everywhere.  If I don't do it that way, SO sneezes for days.  Poor guy. 
    Haha, that's how mine looked the first time I dusted them (pretty sure FI had never done it in all the years he lived in this house before I came along :)  I definitely run the vacuum after knocking off all that dust!

• Options
    @levioosa‌ DH will love you for that tip. Just cleaned 3 of the 5 ceiling fans with a pillowcase then allergen-reducing Pledge-spritzed Swiffer duster. And the bathroom mini blinds. And vacuumed the whole house with Carpet Fresh and my awesome new Shark vac. Sometimes I'm a good wifey/human being.

• Options
    levioosa said:
    So, this was the best idea, EVER. I just cleaned all of the fans. I'm pretty sure H thinks i'm on drugs.
  • Options
    Finally washed the filth off of us and did a load of sheets and towels this morning!

I was raging pissed ,though, when I went looking for our second set of sheets (the ones that DH has been begging me to switch out) and I can't find them ANYWHERE! We moved a few weeks ago (and obviously I haven't washed the sheets since then..) and I didn't realize I hadn't seen them.

These are expensive nice sheets we were gifted from our registry and I want to find them dammit! In the meantime, I made the bed with cheapy Target sheets, so at least we have something. Womp womp.
    imageimage">
  • Options

Lesson learned - someone needs to post a cleaning thread every now and then to remind us slobs to clean our shit up. We cannot be trusted otherwise.

Yes! We need a "Clean Yo Filth Friday." I was thinking about posting something to that effect a couple weeks ago because I feel like there are too many adult chores that I suck at being an adult at. I need Internet mommies to nag me to be an adult!
    imageimage">
  • Options
    Lesson learned - someone needs to post a cleaning thread every now and then to remind us slobs to clean our shit up. We cannot be trusted otherwise.

I actually unofficially took the day off on Thursday to clean the house, so I guess I was ahead of the game!

My roommate came out and was like, "Are you having company???" 

I had actually done the fans last week - the pillow case idea is a good one, I just threw down towels that I wanted to wash underneath them.

It's a good head start though, since I hear my FPILs are planning on coming down this week.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We also change ours way too infrequently but they did get changed last night.  Although bf suggested a put on the fitted sheet he found on the floor that had been there for god only knows how long, I said that didn't really seem like a better option then the sheet already on the bed.  So he grabbed new sheets my aunt had given us and said oh you will like these, they're flannel.  I said they said wrinkle resistant on the package, then felt them...yep definitely not flannel.  He said but look at them, they have stripes on them, so that means they're flannel.  I just kind of stared at him and pointed out that everything with stripes isn't flannel haha  we both were laughing about it later.  
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I need to do laundry...and clean the shower. 
  • Options

Yeah we don't wash the sheets once a week...But we don't sweat that much and we know how make sure the bed doesn't get dirty. But we do laundry every other week.

• Options
    In regard to the sex question. We have just gotten really good about being careful. I pee right after and he always jumps in the shower for a rinse (his personal preference).

The only wet spot we worry about is from my hair after a shower. I always try to put that on his side of the bed. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @beethery‌ I battled a similar scum demon after my dad kicked my brother and his roommates out of my grandma's condo. I scrubbed that motherfucking thing for HOURS. The new tenant said he was amazed; he had viewed the condo already and just thought it would never be clean. So I possess the ability, just not the desire to clean.

I change the sheets maybe once a month.  DH and I both shower at night, so I figure it's not too bad.  And that's probably more than my mom changed my sheets while I was a kid. 

I'm not that huge on cleaning either.  Luckily DH is willing to help.  He is in charge of the kitchen and floors (mopping/vacuuming).  I'm in charge of laundry and bathrooms.  Then we both work together to pick up the rest of the house.  We usually clean every weekend.  But, I will say that I don't hold up my end with the bathrooms too well, especially the showers.  I don't let it get too scummy, but they certainly aren't clean and could use a good scrubbing. 

Last week DH saw a sign advertising for "naked maids" in our area... seriously, not a joke. I told him I have no problem with him hiring them as long as he goes for the bikini option (I'm not paying an extra $100/hour so he can stare at a totally nude chick in my house) and he leaves them alone so they can actually get the house clean. But, if that's what it takes to get someone to scrub my house for me, I'm fine with that.  Although, after that discussion I told DH that if he can hire a naked maid, then I should be able to hire a naked handyman. I think that eliminated his desire to hire a maid. :(

• Options
    @beethery‌ I battled a similar scum demon after my dad kicked my brother and his roommates out of my grandma's condo. I scrubbed that motherfucking thing for HOURS. The new tenant said he was amazed; he had viewed the condo already and just thought it would never be clean. So I possess the ability, just not the desire to clean.

I change the sheets maybe once a month.  DH and I both shower at night, so I figure it's not too bad.  And that's probably more than my mom changed my sheets while I was a kid. 

I'm not that huge on cleaning either.  Luckily DH is willing to help.  He is in charge of the kitchen and floors (mopping/vacuuming).  I'm in charge of laundry and bathrooms.  Then we both work together to pick up the rest of the house.  We usually clean every weekend.  But, I will say that I don't hold up my end with the bathrooms too well, especially the showers.  I don't let it get too scummy, but they certainly aren't clean and could use a good scrubbing. 

Last week DH saw a sign advertising for "naked maids" in our area... seriously, not a joke. I told him I have no problem with him hiring them as long as he goes for the bikini option (I'm not paying an extra $100/hour so he can stare at a totally nude chick in my house) and he leaves them alone so they can actually get the house clean. But, if that's what it takes to get someone to scrub my house for me, I'm fine with that.  Although, after that discussion I told DH that if he can hire a naked maid, then I should be able to hire a naked handyman. I think that eliminated his desire to hire a maid. :(

I just posed this idea to my H... he says he doesn't want a naked maid... just a naked wife.... how boring. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Put us in the once a month category. For sex, we put down a towel. I always wondered what other people did. We have way to much fluid to not use a towel. Though if I changed the sheets every time we had sex, then they'd get cleaned on a weekly basis. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards