Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

4 months since the wedding & no thank you note...annoyance and caution to lurkers

2»

Re: 4 months since the wedding & no thank you note...annoyance and caution to lurkers

• Options
    ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    danamw said:

Viczaesar said:

danamw said:

danamw said:

danamw said:

I have been told that thank you notes are outdated, no one bothers with them anymore. They say, you give a gift because you love the wedding couple, and if given in the right spirit, you don't want any thanks.

Sounds good, but me and hubby went to his (then) boss's wedding, and we didn't get a thank you note, and I didn't "love" his boss, or the bride, who I didn't even know!

Why is everything you post just so, so wrong?

What you say is confounding to me. What is it that I said above, is so so wrong? The part where I didn't love my husband's boss? Can anyone here say they love their husband's boss? The majority, even? Or where I said that I have been told that thank you notes are passe?

I think thank you's are still the right thing to do. Times have changed so email is now acceptable, but some form of communication should be used.

Literally every time you get called out for posting bullshit, you immediately backpedal. You literally just said that "no one bothers with them anymore" and that "if given in the right spirit, you don't want any thanks." It's quoted right above.

I meant to say, that people have told me that thank yous are passe, but that I don't believe that. I believe in doing thank yous, I have always done them, and the people who believe they are no longer necessary, are wrong.

I don't know why anyone would pay so much mind to what I post. I am just an ordinary poster here. Why would anyone "call me out on my bullshit"? If you don't agree with me, then shake it off!

Why should they not call you out on the things that you post with which they disagree?  Thus is the nature of a message board.

The nature of a message board is to post one's own opinions, and to read others viewpoints. Not to jump the shit of everyone who doesn't think the way you do!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newsflash: calling someone out on something they post with which you disagree IS reading others' viewpoints and posting your own opinion.  

• Options
    danamw said:

I have been told that thank you notes are outdated, no one bothers with them anymore. They say, you give a gift because you love the wedding couple, and if given in the right spirit, you don't want any thanks.

Sounds good, but me and hubby went to his (then) boss's wedding, and we didn't get a thank you note, and I didn't "love" his boss, or the bride, who I didn't even know!

No! Thank you notes are good etiquette. I received Thank You notes from several of my girlfriends for wedding shower, wedding and baby shower gifts. I get super annoyed when I don't receive one. As well, I wrote Thank You notes after my son's baby shower, first and second birthdays because, gifts. When he's old enough, he will do his own.

Just because you were unfortunate enough to go to a wedding of someone with no manners does not mean that the practice is outdated, it means that that person either doesn't know any better or chooses not to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards