Chit Chat

Done

Re: Done

• What's Dextergate? :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited June 2015
    Someone lost their cat named Dexter. Dexter was found by a local rescue group who, instead of attempting to return him to his owner, immediately adopted him out. Cue lots of drama, lies, and ethical bad juju on the part of the rescue group.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • edited June 2015
  • I just watched the Peach Bellini video - I needed that!  Hilarious!
  • edited June 2015
  • I just watched the Peach Bellini video - I needed that!  Hilarious!
    I particularly love the very wisconsin way she says coupon.
    YES!!!  
  • What I really don't understand about crazy candle lady is why she didn't just order the shit online.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    What I really don't understand about crazy candle lady is why she didn't just order the shit online.
    It sounds like she was trying to get a special or limited edition scent that was sold out (possibly even online).

Generally my answer to these issues is "ma'am, it's the holidays." and I leave it at that.
  • edited June 2015
  • beethery said:
    What I really don't understand about crazy candle lady is why she didn't just order the shit online.
    It sounds like she was trying to get a special or limited edition scent that was sold out (possibly even online).

Generally my answer to these issues is "ma'am, it's the holidays." and I leave it at that.
    Yeah, except she reviews candle stinks on a blog. She's a PROFESSIONAL candle-sniffer, so she NEEDS those candles. What if someone comes to her blog and she doesn't have a candle? Chaos will ensue!
    That's...a thing?

And I the only one who things "peach bellini" sounds like a crappy scent for a candle?
  • beethery said:

Yeah, except she reviews candle stinks on a blog. She's a PROFESSIONAL candle-sniffer, so she NEEDS those candles. What if someone comes to her blog and she doesn't have a candle? Chaos will ensue!
    That's...a thing?

And I the only one who things "peach bellini" sounds like a crappy scent for a candle?
    Lol no, you aren't. It's a damn peach candle.

I also don't understand that there is such a thing as reviewing candle scents on the internet. Go to the store and smell the candles yourself.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• For those not in the know about the Candle reviewer (yes, this is her thing). I find this video to be my favorite one:

Angela vs Bath and Body works

Oh sweet Jesus. That is fucking amazing. I can't stop laughing. Candles!!!!
  • Wait. This is like her job? How can you tell someone how a candle smells? "The scent is peach Bellini. It's smells like...uh....a peach Bellini"
  • Wait. This is like her job? How can you tell someone how a candle smells? "The scent is peach Bellini. It's smells like...uh....a peach Bellini"
    I mean I guess you could say "this says it smells like a Peach Bellini but actually smells like a peach's ass, don't buy this shit" but I can't imagine making an entire career out of that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    Wait. This is like her job? How can you tell someone how a candle smells? "The scent is peach Bellini. It's smells like...uh....a peach Bellini"
    I mean I guess you could say "this says it smells like a Peach Bellini but actually smells like a peach's ass, don't buy this shit" but I can't imagine making an entire career out of that.
    Guys, she also reviews scented lotions and soaps! "This vanilla soap smells much better than the vanilla lotion." 
    Anniversary

• A vent:

Does anyone else just laugh their asses off or roll their eyes when some newb comes around and pulls the "you're a bunch of bullies" card? Who are these people who have never seen a heated discussion, and how are they maneuvering around the internet in such a way that THIS place looks like a bunch of bullies? Good freaking lord, this place is sweeter than an elementary school playground.

Some of you have to have some cyber-bully stories that would make these newbs mess their pants and I want to hear them. And then I'm possibly going to link to this page every time someone starts clutching their pearls up in here. I know I've got mine.

So let's hear them.
    Clearly they have never been on the internet cesspool of Reddit or 4Chan. . . there's some straight up legit cyber bullying and general lack of humanity on those sites.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• beethery said:
    Well I'm sure many of you remember Dextergate, that was good fun. Who can forget "I've called the police and they're coming! I'll have you arrested for Declamation of Character!"

-not a crime (civil problem)
    -No they aren't
    -not a real thing.
    I still wonder sometimes if Dexter ever made it home :( 
    He didn't. His original owner went with police to the foster's home and demanded him back, and she told the police she had been a temporary carrier, not the actual, eventual foster, and she didn't know who had become his foster or his new owner. I don't know if the original owner requested the cops go to the president's home or not, since she lived in another town, but she said the cat had been adopted by then. It was like Taken, but with a cat.
    That is awful. Just fucking awful.
    Yeah... I'm gonna go drink more vodka now. Poor kitty.

• beethery said:

That's...a thing?

I love my Peach Bellini candle. It is my favorite scented candle.
  • beethery said:
    Well I'm sure many of you remember Dextergate, that was good fun. Who can forget "I've called the police and they're coming! I'll have you arrested for Declamation of Character!"

-not a crime (civil problem)
    -No they aren't
    -not a real thing.
    I still wonder sometimes if Dexter ever made it home :( 
    He didn't. His original owner went with police to the foster's home and demanded him back, and she told the police she had been a temporary carrier, not the actual, eventual foster, and she didn't know who had become his foster or his new owner. I don't know if the original owner requested the cops go to the president's home or not, since she lived in another town, but she said the cat had been adopted by then. It was like Taken, but with a cat.
    That is awful. Just fucking awful.
    Yeah... I'm gonna go drink more vodka now. Poor kitty.
    I just hope that rather than being sold into the sex trade, Dexter is with a kind, loving new family ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Inkdancer said:
    Wait. This is like her job? How can you tell someone how a candle smells? "The scent is peach Bellini. It's smells like...uh....a peach Bellini"
    For real lol bitches be cray. 
    @princessofgenovia That is so so cruel. I'm so shocked that anyone would do this to someone else. It's disgusting. I've never been a victim of cyber bullying. I can't imagine how hurtful it is, especially when you're in those teenage years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I found a stray (well, he ran into my apartment) and called a bunch of shelters hoping someone would take him in. One rescue group sent out a foster to pick him up. Four days later I found a lost flyer with the cat's photo and his name, dexter. I called Dexter's owner and gave her the number of the rescue and the foster, and then I called the foster and the rescue and gave them the owner's info.
    Neither the owner nor I were hearing anything, so we called some more. Then we went on their facebook page and asked about him. At that point our questions were deleted and blocked. I made a page about Dexter, how the rescue group was avoiding us, and for anyone who knew anything about him to come forward. The rescue group's fosters started to flood the page and make a lot of wild accusations while a blocked phone number kept calling me and the president started harassing me and threatening police and legal action. This is all very important because the rescue broke state laws by not reporting the cat and holding him for X amount of time before adopting him out (as they claimed they had done).
    It all got to a point where I had to call the police on them myself and threaten a restraining order.
    That's all so horrid. Ugh. People suck.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @beethery‌ It isn't a really strong scent. It definitely isn't that strong, cloying, fake peach smell that you would think and that other peach candles have. It is more a light peach scent with a hint of orange, and it smells a little sweet and like it would be effervescent (as opposed to heavy and syrupy).

It reminds me of the Peach Bellini at Bennigan's, where even people who hated peach flavored things still loved that drink.

There is a reason "I" do not work for Yankee Candle, clearly.
  • I've put way too much thought into this candle sniffing reviewing thing. Smells are so subjective. One person might love the Peach Bellini, but another might hate it. What smells good to one person isn't guaranteed to smell good to the next 10 people. Is there a candle smell grading system? I just don't get it! 
  • I've put way too much thought into this candle sniffing reviewing thing. Smells are so subjective. One person might love the Peach Bellini, but another might hate it. What smells good to one person isn't guaranteed to smell good to the next 10 people. Is there a candle smell grading system? I just don't get it! 
    I don't get it either. 

Also I fucking hate peach-scented things. 
    All I can think of about the whole candle sniffing thing are the huge ass headaches I would get from sniffing many different candles a day. 

• Just gonna leave this here.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Crazy candle lady also reviews how they burn. They have to pool evenly, quickly, and can't leave any wax rings on the jars.

Seriously, she needs to get laid so as not to worry about this shit. I just light the candle and try to remember to blow it out before I leave the house so as not to burn the place to the ground.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards