Chit Chat
Options

Done

124»

Re: Done

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Crazy candle lady also reviews how they burn. They have to pool evenly, quickly, and can't leave any wax rings on the jars.

Seriously, she needs to get laid so as not to worry about this shit. I just light the candle and try to remember to blow it out before I leave the house so as not to burn the place to the ground.
    Lmao I don't understand why anyone would even remotely give a shit beyond the people who make the candles.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I have a crazy bully/stalk story that I've mostly tried to forget. During my first semester away at college I'm pretty certain one of my male "friends" was harassing me. He hacked into my aol screen name and would send me messages to myself from my own name! It was insane. He threatened to rape me and said that he knew my home address. Somehow he managed to send me text messages as well. It got pretty bad, my roommate was freaked out and we printed out transcripts of the convos and spoke to our RA about it but were told they couldn't do anything about it. My mom was so worried she actually came to my dormitory and stayed with me during finals week to make sure nothing happened. People are nuts.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Since cyberbullying was the actual topic (not crazy candle lady, omg guys her rants are fantastic!), way back when in the dark ages called "high school" I'd go on this teen girls site. 

There was a board for people dealing with suicide, which I was,and some girl started messaging me telling me I should just kill myself, the world didn't need me. So I sent the messages to the mod, and the girl messages me back (from a new username) that I was a bitch who needed to learn to take a joke because I got her banned and she was JUST KIDDING lol. So I sent the messages to the mod again and got her IP banned. A few of her friends tried to jump on the train because I was SOO mean to get their friend in trouble! I sent the mod their messages too, but then I just stopped going because it wasn't worth it anymore and there was a lot of bullshit drama going on.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    Since cyberbullying was the actual topic (not crazy candle lady, omg guys her rants are fantastic!), way back when in the dark ages called "high school" I'd go on this teen girls site. 

There was a board for people dealing with suicide, which I was,and some girl started messaging me telling me I should just kill myself, the world didn't need me. So I sent the messages to the mod, and the girl messages me back (from a new username) that I was a bitch who needed to learn to take a joke because I got her banned and she was JUST KIDDING lol. So I sent the messages to the mod again and got her IP banned. A few of her friends tried to jump on the train because I was SOO mean to get their friend in trouble! I sent the mod their messages too, but then I just stopped going because it wasn't worth it anymore and there was a lot of bullshit drama going on.
    Sounds like you were targeted by some really stupid people. How many times do they have to get banned via sending messages to a mod before they figure out their messages aren't private?
    I'm sorry that they drove you away, stupid as they were.
    I'm still thinking they were probably like 12 and thought it was hilarious, they called me a tattletale. Though they spelled it wrong. But oh no, I'm a tattletale! Please, it ain't scary unless you leave a dead rat in my room and we're in prison (I just watched the first season of orange is the new black), then sure, being a rat is bad cause I'll probably get killed.
  • Options
    Crazy candle lady also reviews how they burn. They have to pool evenly, quickly, and can't leave any wax rings on the jars.

Seriously, she needs to get laid so as not to worry about this shit. I just light the candle and try to remember to blow it out before I leave the house so as not to burn the place to the ground.
    Woah now, buck up!  That's important info to know!

I made faux gold and rose gold mercury glass votives from candles that my family, friends, and I burned over the course of my 2 year engagement. . . DH knows it was just a clever ruse for fueling my Yankee Candle/BBW candle obsession.

The worst part of the whole process was cleaning out the damn candles and removing the labels. . . we actually used acetone- bad for your skin!  Those waxy fuckers are a pain to clean out.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    chibiyui said:
    I actually worked for Yankee Candle for about 6 weeks 4 years ago while in between jobs.  I HATED IT.  Those damn candles get heavy when you're carrying boxes of them.  And we had to take product knolwedge tests every week.  Questions were like "Which new fragrances have frangrance notes of bergamot?"  WHAT THE FUCK IS BERGAMOT?  I point blank asked my manager "do people really come in here asking for a candle that smells like bergamot???"

The manager I worked for was absolutely horrible.  She once said to me "just because you have a college degree and I don't doesn't mean you're better than me.  I'm still the manager."  I was like "um, okay".  She did "employee training" by physically sitting me down and reading to me from the damn manual.  One day, while she was doing something, a customer was ready to check out.  So, I did just that.  I scanned her candles, swiped her credit card, gave her the receipt and said thank you.  The manager FLIPPED OUT because I used the register without having been properly trained.

One day, I said enough was enough.  I bought my limit in 1/2 price candles with my employee discount, walked out of the store, called in from my cell phone, and said "yeah, I quit."

BTW, their return policy is SUPER lenient.  If you burn a candle and say you don't like how it smelled, they will take it back.  Just an FYI.  ;)

You know, I can't take advantage of return policies like that. I feel like too much of an asshole. If I'm not happy with a candle, I don't buy that candle again. We have stories of customers returning used articles of clothing, years after they were purchased. And if the customer demands to see a manager, we have to take it back because god forbid they complain to corporate. Retail would be so much better if Corporate didn't automatically side with assholes.
    I do if I'm really disappointed in the product.  I've probably done it maybe 2 times, though.  It was honestly because I couldn't smell a damn thing.  
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    I actually worked for Yankee Candle for about 6 weeks 4 years ago while in between jobs.  I HATED IT.  Those damn candles get heavy when you're carrying boxes of them.  And we had to take product knolwedge tests every week.  Questions were like "Which new fragrances have frangrance notes of bergamot?"  WHAT THE FUCK IS BERGAMOT?  I point blank asked my manager "do people really come in here asking for a candle that smells like bergamot???"

The manager I worked for was absolutely horrible.  She once said to me "just because you have a college degree and I don't doesn't mean you're better than me.  I'm still the manager."  I was like "um, okay".  She did "employee training" by physically sitting me down and reading to me from the damn manual.  One day, while she was doing something, a customer was ready to check out.  So, I did just that.  I scanned her candles, swiped her credit card, gave her the receipt and said thank you.  The manager FLIPPED OUT because I used the register without having been properly trained.

One day, I said enough was enough.  I bought my limit in 1/2 price candles with my employee discount, walked out of the store, called in from my cell phone, and said "yeah, I quit."

BTW, their return policy is SUPER lenient.  If you burn a candle and say you don't like how it smelled, they will take it back.  Just an FYI.  ;)

You know, I can't take advantage of return policies like that. I feel like too much of an asshole. If I'm not happy with a candle, I don't buy that candle again. We have stories of customers returning used articles of clothing, years after they were purchased. And if the customer demands to see a manager, we have to take it back because god forbid they complain to corporate. Retail would be so much better if Corporate didn't automatically side with assholes.
    Especially when they then bitch about how low their numbers are. Why are the returns so high? Why do we have so many unsellable things?
    I don't know, asshole, why could we possibly have so many ruined pieces of shit lying around? Clearly it's me, the worker;  better make me stand around for 20 minutes waiting for a manager so you can comb through my purse to make sure I'm not stealing.
    oh i HATED purse checks.  I even had a manager ask me to empty my water bottle to make sure I didn't cram some earrings into it.  Oy.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Hey, if you go on Jezebel right now and comment and look like you might be female, you'll get sent your very own slew of abused cat photos. Horrible gorey abused and dead cats because women shouldn't be commenting!
    Holy shit.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

Hey, if you go on Jezebel right now and comment and look like you might be female, you'll get sent your very own slew of abused cat photos. Horrible gorey abused and dead cats because women shouldn't be commenting!

Omg this is just sick, wtf. I hope ppl are being reported for animal abuse.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    beethery said:
    Holy shit.
    Sometimes you get women too, and that's even better.

I don't comment on Jez anymore.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amelisha said:
    beethery said:
    Holy shit.

Yeah, the jackasses posting those pics and gifs are despicable. But we don't need feminism. The men take care of us just fine, as long as we're not too uppity. Where's my vodka?

Anniversary
  • Options
    chibiyui said:
    amelisha said:
    beethery said:
    Holy shit.

Yeah, the jackasses posting those pics and gifs are despicable. But we don't need feminism. The men take care of us just fine, as long as we're not too uppity. Where's my vodka?
    What are you even doing online when you should be making dinner for your husband? Geez.
  • Options
    This is why I don't read comments sections anymore. What a bunch of shitstains. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards