Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaid vs. Reader

1235»

Re: Bridesmaid vs. Reader

• esstee33 said:
    OP, I think you really need to take into consideration that nearly every time you post, you talk about how you expected X from this website and blah blah blah. Maybe you should take a step back and realize that your expectations are a big part of your issue. Stop expecting people to interact with you only how you want them to, and you can stop being so fucking offended by helpful advice, even if it's not the advice you expected to get. Nobody was even rude in their initial responses to you and you totally overreacted. 

And add me to the list of people who would look awful in that dress, although I really like it. It's the kind of dress I'd excitedly take into the fitting room and get salty as fuck about not looking good in. 
    I could have said my bridesmaids were wearing Lady Gaga's meat dress to trucker hats and Budweiser T-shirts to a red-carpet worthy stunner designed to each bridesmaid's exact dimensions and skin tone by Carolina Herrera herself & 90% of the people on here would have come back with a negative comment, b/c that's apparently what they do here.  I'm still blown away by how sour everyone is.  What cracks me up is the whole bridesmaid dress tangent came from one person harping on one thing I said that she had no real, substantive knowledge about.  It's a shame but like I said, internet comment lessons learned.  Whatevs, in the scheme of everything going on with planning, this is the least important thing.  I'm just disappointed it got so unpleasant but then again, lots of people feel very bold sitting behind a keyboard. I'm not going to lower my expectations of the way I like to interact with people - I don't do it in real life or work, so it shouldn't be any different on here.  I will, however, think twice about soliciting advice from strangers & certainly take this experience as a lesson learned.  
  • esstee33 said:
    OP, I think you really need to take into consideration that nearly every time you post, you talk about how you expected X from this website and blah blah blah. Maybe you should take a step back and realize that your expectations are a big part of your issue. Stop expecting people to interact with you only how you want them to, and you can stop being so fucking offended by helpful advice, even if it's not the advice you expected to get. Nobody was even rude in their initial responses to you and you totally overreacted. 

And add me to the list of people who would look awful in that dress, although I really like it. It's the kind of dress I'd excitedly take into the fitting room and get salty as fuck about not looking good in. 
    I could have said my bridesmaids were wearing Lady Gaga's meat dress to trucker hats and Budweiser T-shirts to a red-carpet worthy stunner designed to each bridesmaid's exact dimensions and skin tone by Carolina Herrera herself & 90% of the people on here would have come back with a negative comment, b/c that's apparently what they do here.  I'm still blown away by how sour everyone is.  What cracks me up is the whole bridesmaid dress tangent came from one person harping on one thing I said that she had no real, substantive knowledge about.  It's a shame but like I said, internet comment lessons learned.  Whatevs, in the scheme of everything going on with planning, this is the least important thing.  I'm just disappointed it got so unpleasant but then again, lots of people feel very bold sitting behind a keyboard. I'm not going to lower my expectations of the way I like to interact with people - I don't do it in real life or work, so it shouldn't be any different on here.  I will, however, think twice about soliciting advice from strangers & certainly take this experience as a lesson learned.  
    Of course they would, if you framed it as "I dare you to tell me this wouldn't look good on everyone!"  That's what happens when you make sweeping generalizations (which you seen to do a lot, by the way) and then dare people to disagree with you.

PrettyGirlLostesstee33aurorajanette
  • esstee33 said:

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but most people comment here the same way we would in real life. I'm still new here, but I have never said anything here that I would not say to your face.
    PrettyGirlLostesstee33aurorajanetteCamiSelene
  • Viczaesar said:
    esstee33 said:

Of course they would, if you framed it as "I dare you to tell me this wouldn't look good on everyone!"  That's what happens when you make sweeping generalizations (which you seen to do a lot, by the way) and then dare people to disagree with you.
    A lot of the stuff I have said on here has been very off the cuff, some serious, some half-serious, and some flat out ridiculous (usually in response to something equally ridiculous).  Although I suppose if I served up a pot of my momma's spaghetti & meatballs and said "I defy you not to love this" and that person were a gluten-free vegan, you'd certainly have a point.  Either way, even that comment I made about the dress was taken WAY too seriously and, per usual, out of context.  It's true - I just don't come across on here the way I am in real life, which is pretty much never serious.  
  • Welp. That was a fun read.

1) Uh, no. Bridesmaids do not have any responsibilities other than being there in the requested attire (that they are comfortable in and can afford).

2) That dress is NOT universally flattering. I "literally defy" you to show me someone apple-shaped, or with any boobage whatsoever looking good in that dress.
    PrettyGirlLostaurorajanetteCamiSelene
  • AddieCake said:
    Im confused as to why OP keeps posting after saying she no longer wanted to be part of the conversation.
    Classic drama llama. 
    esstee33aurorajanetteCamiSelenespeakeasy14
  • You defied anyone to not look good in that dress. However, to use science, you pulled a Dr Wakefield.

You publicly released a scientific study on universal attractiveness of dress A. Your study had an extremely small population. Some information may not be known yet (my salons don't have that model in yet, I'm not sure if any do or if attractiveness is based on model pictures vs on each person, thus I'm not releasing my scientific study.) so study results may change. But you gave glowing review, so peers wanted to see the study. I was looking for dresses, I figured I'd look at the universally flattering dress. But pictures of the dress even are rather dowdy on the model.

Upon broadcasting your scientific study, outside peers called the study into question. There's anecdotal evidence that the style is far from universally flattering. I'd post a picture of me in the close dress to prove hideous appearance, but it was so bad, I didn't take any.

Don't demand peer endorsement if you can't back up your claims with conclusive evidence.
    ashley8918CamiSelene
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards