Chit Chat

So how did you react?

I just saw this and found it incredibly funny and kinda cute.

So how did you react when your FI/DH proposed? 

I was in a state of shock I cried a little and then I just said UHU and nodded like an idiot and kissed him :)

Re: So how did you react?

• I started sobbing like a fool. We were outside in a snow storm, so my tears froze to my face. Blubbered "ohmygodyes" and gave him a huge hug, and he said "what the hell, you haven't even looked at the ring yet!"

• I probably ugly cried and forgot to look at the ring. I hugged him a lot and then he was like "um, can I put the ring on you?" 
    *********************************************************************************

• That was funny and cute. 

I was in total shock. When I caught up to him and he was kneeling, I thought he fell and hurt himself. I asked him what he was doing down there. I didn't even see the ring. After he asked, I think I said "What?' like 5 times. Then I said, "Are you serious?" I finally said yes, and I was still in shock for probably the next 30 minutes. I kept asking him, "Did you seriously just ask me to marry you?" 
  • I said, "Are you for reals??" and then hugged him and said something like, "of course!"  And it was really dark so I couldn't see the ring at all.  I looked at it when we got back to the car.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I believe I said "Wait, are you fucking serious?" and then when he nodded went "Oh my fucking god, fucking yes I'll marry you, holy fuck!" and then kissed him and was excitied totally forgot about the ring. He had to tell me stop jumping around so he could put the fucking ring on. 
  • Total shock. I don't remember any of what he said, I just remember crying (like sobbing crying) and saying over and over again "Oh my God!"

• PS everyone who didn't click on that video, you need to click it.  It's the greatest thing I've ever seen and will haunt this woman forever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Complete shock.  I think I stood there for a good 3 minutes with my jaw on the floor before I said anything.  Finally H said "um, so is that a yes because my knee is starting to hurt."  He was kneeling on concrete.

I was walking into work one day and DH was standing on a the smelly loading dock.  He said "I ask [boss' name] for the first week of July off to ask your parents for their blessing in us getting married"

This was the beginning of February.  He had not met them yet and wanted to met them first.  

From Feb - July his mom sent down a diamond, I designed my own ring, started on the knot, told my sister, DH told random tourist people at a bar we were engaged. He still insisted were were not engaged until he met my parents.  It was so stupid.  Serious eye-rolling going on by me, but it was so important to him I let him have this.   

Now the funny part.  Those random tourist we met at the bar, yeah, she worked at the same company as my dad.  She emailed him and said something "I had the pleasure of meeting your daughter and her fiance.".    HA   Dad and mom kept it a secret until we got there and DH asked for their blessing.  Apparently when we walked in they were looking for a ring and such.    

By that point I just put the ring on. There never was an official asking or anything to get all emotional over.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I think I asked him if he was serious a few times and then said of course.  Then we hugged and ran back into the car cos it was -35 out.  The ring was at home cos he hadn't planned on proposing.  

At home, he ran into the house to grab his camera, so we could get pictures of the moon (lunar eclipse night) and brought he ring out.  He opened the box to show me but  couldn't see it cos we were in the back alley with no lights.  He asked if I liked it and got worried when I kept staring at it (trying to see it) and saying nothing and then started blabbering that I could exchange it, take it back, get whatever I wanted, we'd go shopping all the next day, etc. until I finally had to interrupt to tell him I just couldn't see it in the dark.  

• I saw it coming (as in right before it happened).  But even then, when he finally asked I said "Yes, of course!" very excitedly and hugged and kissed him.  He also had the same reaction of "But you didn't even see the ring!"  Poor guys get too much pressure of the ring.  I was just happy to say "Yes"!
  • I didn't scream or cry. I was pretty silent. Now that I think of it, I don't think I even said "yes" just because the way he proposed he didn't ask the question, he just said "Let's get married", statement, done. He knew what my answer would be before he proposed though so it was an understood yes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I started crying pretty, happy tears when H asked me. Didn't even really look at the ring just nodded my head yes, grabbed his face and kissed him. He got back up off his knee and sat down on the bench next to me. He then told me that he had gone to talk to my dad earlier in the week and that's when the ugly crying started. It meant so much to me that he had gone and told my dad he was going to marry me and how lucky he was. My dad was very impressed that H took the time to do that before asking me (not that my dad would've said no or that it would've stopped H if he had). There was a woman walking down the trail behind us during my sobbing - we were at an overlook in a local park - who probably thought I was getting dumped because I was crying so hard at that point.
  • I am so glad I wasn't the only one who grabbed their man and not the ring.

I went in for a hug after ugly crying and before saying yes. It ended up being my favorite picture of the proposal though. Ringless finger, big hug, and a forehead kiss. 

• Blubbering crying. He had a whole speech, so I tried to keep as quiet as possible so he could finish. But yeah, lots of ugly sobbing.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I was half asleep and thought he was joking and trying to get morning sex. I rolled over and started to go back to bed. In my defense, he just said "I have something cool to show you" so I had no idea he was proposing until hours later. Not exactly a fairytale proposal, but whatever.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I reacted with confusion. I woke up one morning to discover he had changed our FB statuses to engaged, and there were a bunch of congratulatory messages, and I had no idea what was going on.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • That video was awesome. Thanks for that. lol

• He gave me a card and said it was an early birthday card and I was so confused when I started reading it cuz it was so NOT a birthday card. During my confusion, he pulled out he ring and got on his knee beside me (I was sitting at our dinning room table) and I was all like, "whhhaaaaa?" and kept saying "are you joking?" over & over again. Then I started laughing and crying simultaneously and wouldn't stop bear hugging him. It was fun :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Definitely sobbing mess. I vaguely remember the things he said but I mostly just remember covering my mouth, sobbing and nodding. We went to dinner afterwards and I alternated between kissing him and staring at my ring with a big goofy smile all night. He told me afterwards that he loved my reaction.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ran away into the other room of our apartment and when I came back, ugly crying and saying yes, he was still on his knee!
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    I cried and asked if it was for real over and over until fi has to ask me again for an answet

I don't know why I was so surprised we had been together for 8 years at the time
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    I was pretty calm, I think I had a few tears but mostly just lots of hugging and kissing and then I think sex.  Sex with a new engagement ring on your finger is very nice sex, indeed. LOL

• I negotiated terms for 10 minutes. I eventually said yes, and then went about making my pie for Pi Day.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Inkdancer said:
    Blubbering crying. He had a whole speech, so I tried to keep as quiet as possible so he could finish. But yeah, lots of ugly sobbing.
    Ha ha!  Interrupted mine to comment that some dudes in the park needed to pull up their pants.
  • The first words out of my mouth were "FI, what are you doing?" Lol.  I didn't know why all of a sudden he was down on one knee- we had just been walking along the beach on Block Island and talking, when all of a sudden he went down!

I was in shock- it all happened so fast.  I grabbed him and hugged him and of course, said Yes.  I didn't even look at the ring much at first.  But when I finally did, I got so excited, I put it on myself- lol.  Oops.  I took it back off so he could put it on me :)

What a great day- I love your stories as well!
  • PS everyone who didn't click on that video, you need to click it.  It's the greatest thing I've ever seen and will haunt this woman forever.
    OMG when he comes up with the ring she looks like she's going to throw up the way she's heaving!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards