Chit Chat

So how did you react?

13»

Re: So how did you react?

• He is usually very private and we were at a Luau in Maui with his brother and sis in law.. the lady working it came up and said they were doing family pics at the beach and it was our turn. We walked down in front of the entire Luau behind the stage and she said she was going to get the camera and his brother could snap a few if he wanted.. I could feel FI moving away from me so I was just saying "what the heck are you doing, we are taking a picture" when I turned around I'm pretty sure my brain left my body and I just stared at him shaking.. all i could think to do was kiss him and he kept asking me for my hand.. after 6 years I just wanted to say yes and didn't even look at the ring until we sat back down!!! His response "you didn't cry" my response "I'm not sure my brain is fully working right now"... total shock and I loved that we had family there to document it! (spotlight was also on us and I kind of remember people yelling "say yes")

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pinkcow13 said:
    @thisismynickname, I'm also not a crier! I don't cry when I'm happy.

I was totally shocked and was not expecting the proposal. I think I was all "Oh my god, are you serious?!?!?! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And I started screaming and jumping like a fool.
    I didn't cry either. I knew at some point we would get engaged, but I wasn't expecting it at all. We were hiking along the cliffs at Point Lobos Park in CA and FI asked some rando to take our picture. He has an awkward smile that he hates so he always asks me to tell him a joke. But this time he just said "You know I love you right?" This was my first clue. He got down on one knee and I just stood there telling him he was crazy. I think I said yes, but I honestly don't remember. No tears, but lots of smiling, kissing, and staring at my left hand. It got us free drinks at the bar that night!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow. The video is set to "private" now. :)

I really hate when people record things vertically. Hold your phone sideways, dammit.
  • JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @wrigleyville awww let me see if there is another way to find it here

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards