Chit Chat

The stupid pintrest thing that you DID include in your wedding

Re: The stupid pintrest thing that you DID include in your wedding

• This is the only pinterest thing I did, that I know of:

• I also want to write our signature cocktails on chalkboard. And I'm doing metro card table cards, and the tables will be NYC neighborhoods instead of numbers. I thought of that myself, though! I see that the metro card thing is on Pinterest. Whatever. I'm totally pinning my shit!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• We used a map for our guest book. Um, don't judge, we got that thing from national geographic. It's legit.
  • Oh and we're totally going to do some wooden board palette/state shaped/heart thing for our guestbook.

Books be damned!

• Probably the colour-coordinated candy bar and the blue 'I Do' stickers on the bottom of my shoes (with obligatory close-up photos). The stickers were my mom's idea!

I don't know how Pinteresty it is, but we also had tables named after famous Canadians rather than being numbered.

• We tied a knot with nautical for our ceremony. We kinda had a beach theme going and my dad was a ship captain so it fit pretty well. Used starfish for center pieces. There were other things I wanted to do but ran out of time. I wore cowboy boots but that was totally my idea before Pinterest was a thing ok gosh
  • esstee33 said:
    @Ashley8918 I LOVE YOUR GINGER BABIES.
    Awww, thank you!

Ginger babies are the best babies. Just sayin'.
    Your ginger babies are adorable.
    And gurl, you have no shame.
    I like it. ;)
  • I wanted to do something Vegas-y but not too Vegas-y. I found these on Etsy. 

H is a graphic designer, so he was able to make them no problem. We kept the color and "glitter" effect and changed the text to match our stuff. We put them in the hotel welcome bags.

(Oh, and we removed the "Don't Forget" blurb at the bottom. Our guests were adults and knew they were there for a wedding. I put the shuttle info there instead.)

I will admit I do not get color coordinated candy bars.  Candy is colorful and fun.  Why limit yourself to a certain color(s)?   We had all kinds of candy.  Even candy from our parents' era.  It was so fun watching the 80 year olds get so excited to see candy from her childhood.

IDK, I don't get it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • esstee33 said:
    Awww, thank you!

I'm SO hopeful FI and I have a ginger baby. 
  • larrygaga said:
    esstee33 said:
    Awww, thank you!

P.S. Guys, those are totally my boobs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @ashley8918 - I absolutely adore that everyone is wearing Bears outfits. :)
  • Will DF's red hair win over my dang near black hair?
  • esstee33 said:
    Awww, thank you!

Your ginger babies are adorable.
    And gurl, you have no shame.
    I like it. ;)
    Almost none whatsoever. It's my superpower. 

This is gorgeous! I play the piano, and now I'm mad we don't have that shot.

Clearly, I need a redo.

This is gorgeous! I play the piano, and now I'm mad we don't have that shot.

Clearly, I need a redo.
    You should totally register on amazon this time around. We found a giraffe teapot on amazon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @ashley8918 - I absolutely adore that everyone is wearing Bears outfits. :)
    I thought you might :)

@lolo883 is probably fighting with me again for this.
  • Will DF's red hair win over my dang near black hair?
    My sister has near black hair.  BIL is ginger.  Their 2 daughters are ginger.  Their son is near black.

Now my dad has red in his beard and on his arms.  Dad's brother had red hair, as did both his sons.     I'm also near black, but in the sun I get a lot of natural red highlights.  No one else does though.  

So there is red in our genes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

• esstee33 said:

Awww, thank you!

They are! I really hope our future kids inherit MIL's red hair.

I LOVE THIS GIF. I almost just peed. 
  • @larrygaga I am fucking dying, OH MY GOD. This is the best thing that has happened to me all day.

• lyndausvi said:

Will DF's red hair win over my dang near black hair?

My sister has near black hair.  BIL is ginger.  Their 2 daughters are ginger.  Their son is near black.

Now my dad has red in his beard and on his arms.  Dad's brother had red hair, as did both his sons.     I'm also near black, but in the sun I get a lot of natural red highlights.  No one else does though.  

So there is red in our genes.

Sigh. I stand in the sun, I go vampire. And not the fucking glitter fairy version. I burn up. My hair however laughs at me and stays dark as ever.

Why do I get the pale skin but not the light hair. Not. Fair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards