Chit Chat
Options

"Let's go to Vegas this weekend and get hitched"

14567810»

Re: "Let's go to Vegas this weekend and get hitched"

• Options
    We used to not sell booze before noon on Sundays here. That not a rule anymore. We were also one of the last states to change to the 21 and over law. Fuck you we like to drink.

Everywhere stops selling booze at 2am and can start selling again at 6am. So there's a four hour window where you can't get your drink on.

I can buy hard liquor...anywhere. If the store stocks it, I can buy it there. Fry's (our Kroger), Target (though they don't care hard liquor cause they suck), Walmart, Circle K, 7-11, and if I really want to go to a liquor store I can. 

It's like our reward for having to deal with an entire summer of heat advisories. Yes, you can't go outside or you will die. Here, have some vodka.
  • Options

hellopig said:

Creepy Lurker McLurkerton here. Thoroughly entertained and would like to chime in.

I live in Indiana.

1) Can't buy cold beer in the grocery store, only at official liquor stores.

2) NO BOOZE SOLD ON SUNDAYS

This is cruel and unusual for someone like myself who hails from Ohio where the attitude is: "BEER ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYONE ESPECIALLY ON SUNDAYS!"

I live in Indiana too, and the Sunday law is so stupid. However, I grew up in a town that's about 5 minutes from the Michigan border, and there is a liquor store RIGHT on the other side of that border, and Michigan does not have the Sunday law :) 
    Every Sunday, that parking lot was jam-packed full of cars that had Indiana license plates lol 
    My grandmother lives in Indiana and the law that got me growing up was that in a restaurant someone underage could not be seated in view of the bar. It's stupid. Your parents could drink at the table and half the time going to the bathroom, you saw the bar.
    That's weird... I was told at a restaurant that a minor could sit IN the bar (like as in a restaurant bar) as long as they were accompanied by a parent. No idea if that's true or not. 

I had to take alcohol law classes multiple times to get my liquor license to be able to serve alcohol when I worked in restaurants and every instructor always started the class by saying "The excise laws in Indiana are confusing and stupid..." 

ETA: I just looked it up cuz it was bugging me:
    MINORS ALLOWED ON
    PREMISE?
    Minors under 21 are not allowed in bars or taverns, except if 18 or with
    parents expressly to dine. 
    I think our law is that you can sit in the bar but not at the bar. So if you go to like Red Lobster, you can sit at the tables, but not right up where the drinks are being made.

Though it also might be up to each individual restaurant.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

We used to not sell booze before noon on Sundays here. That not a rule anymore. We were also one of the last states to change to the 21 and over law. Fuck you we like to drink.

Everywhere stops selling booze at 2am and can start selling again at 6am. So there's a four hour window where you can't get your drink on.

I can buy hard liquor...anywhere. If the store stocks it, I can buy it there. Fry's (our Kroger), Target (though they don't care hard liquor cause they suck), Walmart, Circle K, 7-11, and if I really want to go to a liquor store I can. 

It's like our reward for having to deal with an entire summer of heat advisories. Yes, you can't go outside or you will die. Here, have some vodka.
    FI owns a house in Sierra Vista.  I can't imagine dealing with that level of hot.  We will be real estate barons who own a house in another state that we kept rented out, lol. 

• Options

I actually know of 3 brew-throughs in IL, but they're the only ones I've ever seen in the state.
    One of them has suckers for the kids and biscuits for doggies. The whole family gets something!

WHERE?
    Sycamore Lundeen's, possibly DeKalb Lundeen's, and there's a tiny one by the courthouse in Sycamore, but I can't remember the name.

This is drive-though closed bottles, though; no open drinks, obviously.

I didn't really use them because the liquor selection at the Sycamore Hyvee is the best around.
    I'm SO late to the party here, but oh my God. Clearly Lundeen's upgraded since my binge-drinking days at NIU. I'm crying. 

• Options
    Our laws say no minors in bars.  They're usually first come first serve too.  One of our favourite restaurants regularly has an hour plus wait on Fri/Sat nights.  We just stake out the lounge and grab the first table available.  We had a 6-8 seater last weekend.  We phoned the 2 people we know without kids to come join us but they all had kids with them (babysitting).  No one I hang out with is child free anymore.  It kinda sucked to use such a big table for just the 2 of us but dinner was delicious.  

We do have an exception now for pubs, which allow minors before a certain time (maybe 7pm??), but the places need to meet specific regulations to qualify.  They're all Irish pubs too.  

• Options
    FiancB said:

Since this thread has gone in a totally random but somewhat alcohol-centered direction, I just thought I'd share this. Ed Sheeran, everybody. 

Love him. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    The best place to buy booze is Costco.

Why? Because Costco.

Anniversary

• Options
    amelisha said:

The more I think about this whole thread, the more romantic the title seems. Like, this guy loves her so much he just wants to run away and marry her any time, any day, no waiting? That's kind of swoon-y actually.

YES, THIS.
  • Options
    fwtx5815fwtx5815 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015

The best place to buy booze is Costco.

Why? Because Costco.

Largest wine buyer/seller in the country

ETA idk why I threw that out there, probably useless information unless anyone is trying to start a wine business. In which case, let's be friends.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    The hotel I'm currently staying in is attached to a small brewery. They will bring me beer! 

Unfortunately, these vacation days I took from work are not legitimate because I am working at my other job.

Dammit, where's my beer?!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

The hotel I'm currently staying in is attached to a small brewery. They will bring me beer! 

Unfortunately, these vacation days I took from work are not legitimate because I am working at my other job.

I want to go here, please.
  • Options
    Since this thread has gone in a totally random but somewhat alcohol-centered direction, I just thought I'd share this. Ed Sheeran, everybody. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY6OV1yyGHE
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Re: alcohol

In NC, I have seen"Brew Threw"s where they sell beer and wine, but not liquor. I wish there was one near me!

Most towns/cities/counties have their own personal "Sunday Laws." Most are that you can't buy beer until 12 pm, some are 1 or 2 pm. Liquor stores (ABC Stores) are closed on Sundays and after 9 pm. 

• Options
    Just came on down this rabbit hole...

I hated having people ask about the proposal story, a) because it was our moment, hard to describe, and you don't need to include yourself in it any more than being happy for us and b) I would have been fine if the answer was "The story is that we talked about getting married and decided to do it." That's what's necessary, correct?

Also - @novella1186 - Native of the Bend? If so, my college years involved a few trips to that very liquor store.
  • Options

I want to go here, please.
    Come to Atlantic City, then. The Sheraton has different Miss America displays (dresses in the lobby and shoes from shoe parades at the bar). You can get food delivered by the Tun Tavern. If you feel like leaving your room, you can take the private elevator down to the restaurant instead of walking all the way around the outside to their entrance. Depending on how busy the convention is tomorrow, I might be ordering beer up to my room afterwards.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

Ugh, Canada.  Why you no drive through booze?  Although, here in Manitoba you can apply to be a liquor vendor if you own a business, so in some small towns the liquor vendor is also a drugstore.  Or a clothing store.

The nearest Walmart to us is also closed on Sundays (which is the most hilarious thing ever), because we're in hard core Mennonite territory.

Also, bonus snippet - my mom and dad were doing laundry in my grandma's basement when my mom says "so, are we getting married or what?"  Too legit to quit.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options

Just came on down this rabbit hole...

I hated having people ask about the proposal story, a) because it was our moment, hard to describe, and you don't need to include yourself in it any more than being happy for us and b) I would have been fine if the answer was "The story is that we talked about getting married and decided to do it." That's what's necessary, correct?

Also - @novella1186 - Native of the Bend? If so, my college years involved a few trips to that very liquor store.
    Nope, I grew up near Chicago. Unfortunately no drive-through liquor stores where I lived :(
  • Options
    A completely gluten free brewery just opened in Seattle, went there a couple weeks ago.  HOLY SHIT! It tasted like beer! Actual beer! GOOD BEER!

There were tears.

• Options

A completely gluten free brewery just opened in Seattle, went there a couple weeks ago.  HOLY SHIT! It tasted like beer! Actual beer! GOOD BEER!

There were tears.
    Please tell me they'll start mass distributing.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:

There were tears.
    Please tell me they'll start mass distributing.  
    It's a brand spanking new local company so that could take awhile in the mean time try Greens gluten free beer, it's the only GF beer in stores that I will drink. They make an amber, an ipa and a stout. Really freakin good stuff.

• Options
    So our province's liquor stores are currently having liquidation (ha) days! I may or may not have hit two of them this afternoon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards