Chit Chat
Options

No advice needed, not a vent. Just chit-chat.

Re: No advice needed, not a vent. Just chit-chat.

• Options

So today has offiicially been my worst day of the week so far. I mean, considering, it's not that bad but I'm still ready to go home. It started when I had to give a survey in a class and the teacher and I got conflicted information about whether or not underage students could take the survey. My info said no, but they have to stay in the classroom, and hers said they could take it. So we went with my info but I guess one of her students was, in her words, "very upset" that she had to not take the survey and couldn't leave, and the teacher was just super stressed about it to a point where I started to wonder, does she have a panic attack whenever one of her students is upset about anything? Eventually, the student basically stormed out, which I could basically give fuck all about, but the teacher was still upset about it. I find it really hard to believe the student had literally nothing to work on quietly for 25 minutes. If it were my student, I'd tell her, "You might be under 18 but you're still in college so you need to act like an adult and not throw a tantrum over something so small if you want to be taken seriously." I let slip to the teacher that I thought the student was overreacting, and she was clearly not pleased with my observation. It's like, lady, chill out.

Then one of my tutors quit. I have had like five tutors quit this semester, and every time it happens, I see it coming. It's always a student who's overtaxed themselves, keeps having to miss work, but insists they can still do it, then at the last minute they're like, "Yeah, I can't. Bye." I don't expect them to be able to juggle a million things and I completely understand their situation, but they hardly ever bother to come to me beforehand. Instead of coming to me and giving me the opportunity to help them work through problems, they basically lie to me, tell me they can do it, and then panic and quit when they realize they can't, leaving me with a gap-filled schedule.

To any college students reading this: If you have a job, and you need to quit it, GIVE NOTICE. If you don't give notice, it will severely impact whether you'll be able to get a reference. Not a good plan.
    Damn. I can't believe a college student stormed out of a classroom. Well, I kind of can. People of any age can be immature, dramatic assholes. But come on. 

As for your tutors quitting, that sucks. I'm sorry. Could you maybe give them that talk before you hire them? Like "Now, a lot of the time this gets to be too much to juggle, and if that happens please come talk to me before you up and quit. It's ok if it's too much to juggle, but if you quit with no notice, it screws everyone else, yada yada." ? 
    Storming out was stupid, but if she's in college, why couldn't she leave? You can't force people to stay in your classroom.

Why type of survey was it. 
    I never said she couldn't leave? 
    I said she couldn't, according to the instructions I was given. But again, how the heck do I enforce that?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Yay for new job, new house, new baby stuff and things! Prospects and horizons anyway. I hope it all works out. :) 

I heard spring birds this morning. It was fabulous. I forgot what that's like after winter. I love all those spring signs. Can't wait for more! 

I haven't opened the sunroof on my new car yet, so I'm waiting for the perfect day. It probably won't be as epic as I imagine, but I'll definitely be playing some song where I can sing really loud.
    it will be epic trust me. i never had a sunroof until the car i have now and i love it especially on summer nights. i have dark tinted windows so i rarely use it during the daylight. i love having it though. 
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    mrsk616 said:

Yay for new job, new house, new baby stuff and things! Prospects and horizons anyway. I hope it all works out. :) 

I heard spring birds this morning. It was fabulous. I forgot what that's like after winter. I love all those spring signs. Can't wait for more! 

I haven't opened the sunroof on my new car yet, so I'm waiting for the perfect day. It probably won't be as epic as I imagine, but I'll definitely be playing some song where I can sing really loud.
    it will be epic trust me. i never had a sunroof until the car i have now and i love it especially on summer nights. i have dark tinted windows so i rarely use it during the daylight. i love having it though. 
    I had a sunroof on my old car and loved it. When I bought my new car, though, I didn't think it was necessary to order it with a sunroof because of the extra cost. That's my biggest regret. Turns out, my big dog LOVES to stand on the center console and stick his head out the sunroof, and it's hilarious. Luckily FI's car has one, but I wish mine did too because we almost always take mine when we go places. 

ETA (I found this picture on google) it looks exactly like this: 
  • Options
    I'm having a shitty week, but the news of Hansel and Zoolander at Paris Fashion Week made my night last night.  The video made me almost lose it.  

• Options
    My name is Whiny McGrumpypants today. Getting over the flu and also on my period. And fi got a late call yesterday to leave today and work out of town for 2 weeks. These things make me grumpy. At least our weather is good...

• Options

mrsk616 said:

I had a sunroof on my old car and loved it. When I bought my new car, though, I didn't think it was necessary to order it with a sunroof because of the extra cost. That's my biggest regret. Turns out, my big dog LOVES to stand on the center console and stick his head out the sunroof, and it's hilarious. Luckily FI's car has one, but I wish mine did too because we almost always take mine when we go places. 

ETA (I found this picture on google) it looks exactly like this: 
    a month or two after i got my car we were watching fireworks and i sat on my center console with my head out the sun roof watching the fireworks. (not while car was in motion) 
  • Options
    amelisha said:

More of the kitties. I can't.

I can barely stand the cuteness of those kitties.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FiancB said:

So my birthday is tomorrow. My parents sent a card and it said to enjoy my first day of my 29th year.

I'm turning 28. 
    That's accurate. Your first year ENDS the day you turn 1.

• Options
    FiancB said:

So my birthday is tomorrow. My parents sent a card and it said to enjoy my first day of my 29th year.

I'm turning 28. 
    Yeah, but it's kinda mean, lol.

I'm 28 now and my mother LOVES to remind me that I'm "turning 29 this year." Yeah, in DECEMBER. Thanks, mom. Should I remind you that you're two years from 60? Because you're two years from 60.

And the kittens...I know, so tiny! And the brown-and-white one that doesn't look like the others is the best - his mom rejected him and so the rescue organization brought him over to see if this cat would adopt him, and she did right away. He's gained 6 oz in just a few days. I can't wait until they're big enough to run around.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    amelisha said:

FiancB said:

I'm turning 28. 

-------------------------------------------------------------

How is it mean? On your 28th birthday, your 29th year of being alive begins. It's just a fact...
  • Options
    amelisha said:

More of the kitties. I can't.

OMG. Can I PM you my mailing address?!?!?!?!? I need.
  • Options

amelisha said:

FiancB said:

I'm turning 28. 
    How is it mean? On your 28th birthday, your 29th year of being alive begins. It's just a fact...

"Congrats on being another year closer to death" or "there goes another year you'll never get back" would be mean (although also accurate).

• Options

amelisha said:

FiancB said:

I'm turning 28. 

"Congrats on being another year closer to death" or "there goes another year you'll never get back" would be mean (although also accurate).

My brother says the bolded to me. Though usually when I tell him I'm older, he'll say "So what, you'll die sooner?" and yes he's right but not because of my age mostly because of my reckless lifestyle and this deal I made with this British guy who called himself Crowley or something...I dunno.
  • Options

amelisha said:

FiancB said:

I'm turning 28. 

_ _ _ _ _

On my 29th birthday, my mom mailed me 29 birthday cards. One of them showed women with saggy boobs and said, "I bet you think since they're small they won't sag. Well, bad news: they will. Happy birthday! " I got a good laugh out of it.

• Options
    I just don't enjoy being reminded how close I am to 30 at this point...turning 28 made it suddenly seem too close. And I know my mom just does it because of that...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    FiancB said:

I'm turning 28. 
    That's actually right. Your birthday was the first day of your first year. 

Not to say I wouldn't be pissed at them making me feel even older, but they do know how old you are!

ETA if I'd kept reading I'd see it had already been said. Oops.

My dad, when I turned twenty five, reminded me that I was an entire quarter of a century old. I was not pleased.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I was just happy when my mom stopped trying to give me birthday spankings.

• Options

Unfortunately we didn't get birthday spankings. We got pinches. 

It's unfortunate because you're never too old for pinches.

:(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

Unfortunately we didn't get birthday spankings. We got pinches. 

It's unfortunate because you're never too old for pinches.

:(
    We got a spank for each year plus "a pinch to grow an inch."

I'm 5'9", stop fucking pinching me.

• Options
    amelisha said:

I just don't enjoy being reminded how close I am to 30 at this point...turning 28 made it suddenly seem too close. And I know my mom just does it because of that...

_ _ _

What is your fear of 30? I turned 30 last week and feel no different at all.

• Options

amelisha said:

_ _ _

What is your fear of 30? I turned 30 last week and feel no different at all.
    Life turned awesome when I turned 30. But 31 has been the best year yet.

• Options
    Yup, 30/31 rocked, but that's when I met DH and got engaged, so pretty hard to top at the moment.  I'm 35 and keep thinking that I'm already halfway through my 30's.  How did that happen so fast???  I don't feel this old.  30 is at least still young enough to go do stupid stuff once in a while.  ;) 

• Options
    I just made such an awesome dinner tonight. It's the same dinner I made on Sunday, but it's still awesome a few days later.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

I just made such an awesome dinner tonight. It's the same dinner I made on Sunday, but it's still awesome a few days later.

_ _ _ _

What a tease! You can't post this and not tell us what you made!

• Options

FiancB said:

I'm turning 28. 
    That's actually right. Your birthday was the first day of your first year. 

Not to say I wouldn't be pissed at them making me feel even older, but they do know how old you are!

ETA if I'd kept reading I'd see it had already been said. Oops.

My dad, when I turned twenty five, reminded me that I was an entire quarter of a century old. I was not pleased.
    When I turned twenty five, my sister said "congratulations, you're half way to fifty". She's turning 29 next week, I should tell her "Congratulations on your 30th year". 

Everyone told me when I turned 30 that your 30s are better than your 20s and they're right. Sure, your 20s are fun, but I was broke for part of it, had crappy relationships, and never thought I'd be where I am now. I met my husband when I was 28, we got engaged when I was 30, and married and bought a house when I was 31. 

Being in your 30s is awesome.

• Options
    MagicInk said:

Fuck 30 I can't wait to be like 50. I figure I might actually know some shit by then. But really I just wanna give less of a shit what people think about me and seems like every decade I care a little less.

In like 40 years if you hear about some naked 70 year old tattooed woman walking around the mall that is probably me. And be aware I'm not senile I just stopped giving all the shits.

It's going to be a trend across America and the youths will be confused/terrified. I like it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards