Chit Chat

Show me: Engagement Rings!

Re: Show me: Engagement Rings!

• Another pear! :)

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lyndausvi said:

Love seeing some other pears @lilpep @lyndausvi ! You don't see them too often and that's why I wanted one

Not sure how well you can see this pic. NO idea what I'm getting for a wedding band yet since nothing seems to look quite right with my twisty band.
    Funny story.

DH asked me one day what kind of diamond cuts I like.   I said anything but marquis and pear.  I HATE those cuts.The main reason is most settings tend to sit up high and the point can catch on things.   

DH says "oh, my mom wants to give us her pear shaped diamond"

I felt so bad.   Being the practical person I am thought it would be ridiculous to give up a nice diamond.     I spent HOURS and HOURS looking for a setting that would work.   At the time I was working on a sail boat. I wanted a setting I could wear everyday.  So it could not sit up high or catch on things.  It was not an easy feat.  

Finally I saw a setting that could work with some tweaking. We took it down to the one-legged custom jeweler.   Seriously the man looked like he was out of a pirate movie.  Even lived on a boat.    Together we came up with the setting.   It worked great.  The profile is very low.  Doesn't catch on anything.  

I actually didn't want a super high setting for that same reason. I mean I work at a desk, but I am just clumsy as hell. Like you said, because of the shape it is raised up a bit, but it's really not bothersome to me. FI was really concerned about it and asked if I wanted to exchange it, but after wearing it a bit I realized it wasn't at all a problem. 

I'm glad you were able to make his mom's work! That's really special.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is my profile.

Nothing much too it all.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:

Here is my profile.

Nothing much too it all.

Goddamn that is impressive.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:

lyndausvi said:

Here is my profile.

Nothing much too it all.

Goddamn that is impressive.
    yep.  It's really flat.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • My ring has a really high setting. I love my ring, but I hate that the stone snags on stuff at the most inopportune times (like when I'm grabbing a package of meat at the grocery store and it accidentally punctures the pack underneath). I'm really impressed with how low profile your setting is, lynda!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I love my e-ring! The e-ring is white gold, while my wedding band is rose gold.
  • lyndausvi said:

Here is my profile.

Nothing much too it all.

Wow! That really is impressive! I end up with problems like @cookiepusher because mine has a cathedral setting. I love it, but I get it caught in pretty much everything. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's mine. I didn't really know what I liked, but I love what FI picked out. It's very my style. I'm not wearing my wedding band yet, but it's the same as the e-ring, just without the diamond.
  • sjf2715 said:

I love my e-ring! The e-ring is white gold, while my wedding band is rose gold.

I did a rose gold wedding band with my white gold ering too! 
  • For a bit I was obsessed with Victorian mourning jewelry and hoped I would get a mourning ring as an engagement ring.

Not the teeth ones though. I don't want teeth jewelry.

Anniversary
  • Here's mine! It's an oval stone with a halo. I've got chunky fingers and thought the longer shape would make them look thinner. Haha.
  • I've posted mine before, but here it is! (Please ignore the dry skin lol I took this a couple hours after we got engaged)

• chibiyui said:

Not the teeth ones though. I don't want teeth jewelry.
    Dude I laughed so hard. No teeth jewelry please!
  • The first one is my engagement ring on its own and the second one is our wedding bands and my engagement ring. I love my rings!

• Here's mine.  FI had it picked out and designed about 3 months before he gave it to me.  I'm a bit perplexed as to what kind of band to do with it since there's little diamonds on those side "x" areas too. 

And yes, I took the 2nd photo at Costco.  Diamonds look so pretty under the lights there and at the hockey arena haha!  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Engagement ring and all the rings.

Anniversary
  • edited March 2015
    My one and only :) 

• You all have such gorgeous rings! I wanted something very classic, and love what we picked out. The setting is a bit high, as the center stone sits above two surprise diamonds, and I bang it on things a lot, but I am still getting used to it and wouldn't trade it for the world. 

I'm sorry the picture is so big; I can't seem to make it any smaller. 

• Mine's a 3-stone, cushion cuts. I don't see many of these around and I love it!
  • @buttercup1958 that first ring is so pretty!
  • Man I am embarrassed by my nails. Y'all's nails all look so good! I always end up chipping my nails day one and then never repaint them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here is mine! I've been wearing it for a year and half at this point. :) Going to the jewelers this weekend for a cleaning and my FI and I are buying our bands too. Can't wait!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• As a wedding set, but:

It's one diamond as just an engagement ring. The band sort of hooks on both sides and puts the side diamonds on there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards