Chit Chat

Show me: Engagement Rings!

12346»

Re: Show me: Engagement Rings!

• FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I have a question that probably doesn't warrant its own thread. So this will work. 

Sometimes I take my ring off because my finger gets irritated. I don't think I'm allergic or anything, it's just very dry here and it gets red then itchy then sore. It doesn't help that now it's getting warmer and I was just super bloated from my period. I took it off yesterday evening and this morning I actually had a blister with enough fluid to lance the sucker. 

I never bothered getting my rings soldered since they connect. If I got it soldered, will it also be smoothed out so that maybe this doesn't happen so much?
  • sophhabobophasophhabobopha member
    edited May 2015
    I just took this on my webcam, haha!

• FiancB said:

I have a question that probably doesn't warrant its own thread. So this will work. 

Sometimes I take my ring off because my finger gets irritated. I don't think I'm allergic or anything, it's just very dry here and it gets red then itchy then sore. It doesn't help that now it's getting warmer and I was just super bloated from my period. I took it off yesterday evening and this morning I actually had a blister with enough fluid to lance the sucker. 

I never bothered getting my rings soldered since they connect. If I got it soldered, will it also be smoothed out so that maybe this doesn't happen so much?
    My finger gets irritated sometimes too. It happens to me most of the time when something gets under the ring. Like if I put on lotion and lotion is under my ring. If I use lotion I just take my ring off for the night or wait until it is completely dry.

• FiancB said:

Mine are soldered together but I still have a small ridge on the inside (and outside) of the rings.  If the rings are causing the blisters because of spinning it might help, but if it is a sizing issue or water getting under the rings it won't help.

Sometimes my finger gets a little irritated and I notice it is because my fingers aren't getting fully dry after I shower or wash my hands.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • FiancBFiancB member
    emmaaa said:

FiancB said:

My finger gets irritated sometimes too. It happens to me most of the time when something gets under the ring. Like if I put on lotion and lotion is under my ring. If I use lotion I just take my ring off for the night or wait until it is completely dry.
    Oooh, that's probably it. I pretty much try to never take my rings off because I'm scared of losing it. I'll try that when I start wearing it again. I did have the ring resized to fit me when I got it, so it does fit well, just a little loose when it's cold or a little tight if I'm retaining water. 
  • FiancB said:

Any chance you have a nickel (or some other metal) allergy? If your ring is white gold, it very likely has nickel in it. It could explain the fact that your irritation seems relatively minor, since it's not like white gold has a TON of nickel in it, but it has some. Just a thought.

But also, I second waiting until lotion is 100% absorbed before putting your ring back on... Could be something in the lotion in combination with the metal alloy. Also, lotion is a good way to get your diamond (assuming you have one) dirty, fast.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • FiancBFiancB member
    I don't think I have an allergy because I haven't had an issue before, but my sister has a really bad one, so it's possible. Her H just happened to get her a platinum ring, otherwise she wouldn't be able to wear it at all. 
  • To the left is FI right after he proposed (not marrying the guy from X-Men, just trying to respect his anonymity), and to the right is Noelle on her way to and during breakfast the next morning. :) She's a princess with a halo and pave band, and I could not love her more - probably evidenced by the somewhat embarrassing fact that I named her like a child ... 
    Apologies if these are ginormous - I uploaded them under "message board size" but they look massive.
  • FiancB said:

Any chance you have a nickel (or some other metal) allergy? If your ring is white gold, it very likely has nickel in it. It could explain the fact that your irritation seems relatively minor, since it's not like white gold has a TON of nickel in it, but it has some. Just a thought.

But also, I second waiting until lotion is 100% absorbed before putting your ring back on... Could be something in the lotion in combination with the metal alloy. Also, lotion is a good way to get your diamond (assuming you have one) dirty, fast.
    I second this, and you could have developed it even though you have never had one before. I have always been highly allergic to metals, I can only wear gold (not even white gold) or I break wherever it's touching me, it's terrible. Things change with age, I quickly learned that about 4 years ago, I had never had seasonal allergies before and spent most of the summer convinced I just had a cold. After taking allergy meds and it all clearing up I have now accepted the fact that I get them REALLY bad every summer even though I went 24 years without them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @britneydel - That is a seriously beautiful ring/manicure combination. Is that weird?
  • After browsing this thread I really feel like I should step up my nail game....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think I've ever actually posted my set together on here. My e-ring has been my avatar practically since I joined. Lab sapphire e-ring (though this picture is actually outdated since I redesigned the head to have double prongs instead of single) ordered from mastergoldcraft on Etsy, marquise sapphires and round diamonds on the band purchased at a local jeweler where we were living at the time.
  • @louxnoelle - Haha thanks. :) It's not weird at all. My nails just so happened to be painted like that when FI proposed and they did match the ring very well.

• Ignore the swollen fingers-had my bach party last night. I am hung to the over.

The rings in this thread are beautiful!!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards