Chit Chat

Show me: Engagement Rings!

Re: Show me: Engagement Rings!

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    chibiyui said:

For a bit I was obsessed with Victorian mourning jewelry and hoped I would get a mourning ring as an engagement ring.

DH gave me almost that exact same ring for my birthday one year. It's very pretty.

Here's my original set:

Here's the set I wear every day (I have my e-ring turned around as a band on top. I do NOT wear that every day):

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• FiancB said:

As a wedding set, but:

It's one diamond as just an engagement ring. The band sort of hooks on both sides and puts the side diamonds on there. 

That's kind of like Jessa Duggar's wedding band!  I think she also got a wedding band that "hooks on"!image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• cu97tiger did you happen go to Clemson? I was curious because of your user name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

Man I am embarrassed by my nails. Y'all's nails all look so good! I always end up chipping my nails day one and then never repaint them. 

@littlepep my picture was taken right after we had our e-pics done about a month ago. My nails do not look like that right now, and I almost always have the same problem that you do. Lately I have been getting Shellac manicures and those last at least a week before they chip (my French manicure in my picture above is Shellac and lasted about a week and a half before chipping). I don't do it that often because it is expensive and the UV light probably isn't good for my pale skin, but I will definitely get it again for our wedding. 

• Yes, very similar!

Oh god now I have something in common with Jessica Duggar. 

I don't have a good pic of it by itself but here's one from when we got engaged

• littlepep said:

Man I am embarrassed by my nails. Y'all's nails all look so good! I always end up chipping my nails day one and then never repaint them. 

@littlepep my picture was taken right after we had our e-pics done about a month ago. My nails do not look like that right now, and I almost always have the same problem that you do. Lately I have been getting Shellac manicures and those last at least a week before they chip (my French manicure in my picture above is Shellac and lasted about a week and a half before chipping). I don't do it that often because it is expensive and the UV light probably isn't good for my pale skin, but I will definitely get it again for our wedding. 
    Yeah I'll have to get mine done for the wedding. I'm just so impatient when I try to do my own. I end up with polish all over my hands and clothes and hair.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

littlepep said:

Yeah I'll have to get mine done for the wedding. I'm just so impatient when I try to do my own. I end up with polish all over my hands and clothes and hair.  
    littlepep said:

SITB

littlepep said:

I don't even try to do my own anymore for this reason! 

• littlepep said:

littlepep said:

You and me both.. and I always have to pee as soon as I get done, it's like my bladder knows I can't go right then! So I usually wait until FI is home and make him unbutton and pull down my pants for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

littlepep said:

littlepep said:

SITB

littlepep said:

I don't even try to do my own anymore for this reason! 

That is some weird box shit going on there. WTF TK. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's mine. An emerald cut center stone, with a halo, and pave split shank band. I told my fiance what I wanted, he picked out the setting and had the jewelry store find the stone (i told him it had to be a good stone or else it would be cloudy! lol) I'm so proud of him, i love it!
  • littlepep said:

littlepep said:

You and me both.. and I always have to pee as soon as I get done, it's like my bladder knows I can't go right then! So I usually wait until FI is home and make him unbutton and pull down my pants for me.
    YES. I always think I can make it work. It never does. Whoever invents a instant dry nail polish will be a millionaire. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's mine! Diamond center stone with two side sapphires and diamonds down the band. H had it custom made based on what I'd liked about various rings and nailed it.

The picture with just the engagement ring was the night he proposed, one pro pic, and my MOH holding our rings on a hike we did 4 days after the wedding above Maligne Lake.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FiancB said:

As a wedding set, but:

It's one diamond as just an engagement ring. The band sort of hooks on both sides and puts the side diamonds on there. 
    love this idea. wish i could do something like this with mine.
  • cupcait927 I know! I know we won't be engaged for a little while but it's so pretty I had to pin it. At least I won't overwhlem V with options haha.
  • Please excuse my dirty warehouse workin hands and my puffy fingers....clomid sucks. 

I wear my e-ring as my wedding ring because I love it so much. Honestly I would have preferred a princess cut, but I wasn't going to turn down a family heirloom, and it suits me. The diamond was his great grandmother's, the setting I picked out because he told me to. I love the  low profile, and I've never seen another one like it. 
  • The one with the puppy paw is from our E Session and the other is one of our Wedding Day pics!  The entire engagement was a surprise to me, but he took the liberty of creeping on my Pinterest board to see what type of engagement ring I liked.  What I got was the closest he could find to what I had pinned (and even then, he customized it and modified it a bit) and I absolutely LOVE it.  Finding a band for it that wasn't custom was hell, though.
  • Here's mine, it fits perfectly!image
  • It's EXACTLY what I always pictured. Dainty, vintage, and absolutely perfect for me :-). Blue diamond, low setting to avoid snags, four diamonds across the band, and 14 small diamonds in a circle around the blue diamond. I am in love with the metal work too. He did a gooooood job. 

That scrollwork on the band is breathtaking!

• It's EXACTLY what I always pictured. Dainty, vintage, and absolutely perfect for me :-). Blue diamond, low setting to avoid snags, four diamonds across the band, and 14 small diamonds in a circle around the blue diamond. I am in love with the metal work too. He did a gooooood job. 

Yay blue diamonds!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• professional photo with my wedding band as well 

• amelisha said:

@WinstonsGirl, the bamboo duvet cover from Quilts Etc? Haha. FI actually hates it so made me put a new one on our registry. For some reason he thinks it looks purple...but it's brown! Grey-ish brown maybe but definitely brown.

maybe he is color blind? 

FI once told m very innocently "I like that purple shirt on you" I looked at him like he was crazy and said "Babe... this shirt is blue..." then we did the colorblind tests and he is in fact color blind

• Here's mine! 

I just had it rhodium dipped, it was getting dingy and yellow. It came back so sparkly-clean! Made me realize I should probably clean my jewelry more often (especially since I work for a jeweler, I have no excuse).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • One note on the ammonia cleaning method... If you have a white gold ring, it may not be smart to use ammonia or any other cleaning chemicals, or anything abrasive. White gold jewelry is usually plated in rhodium - that's what gives it the bright white color. White gold is actually a mix of yellow gold and (usually) nickel, and over time it will turn yellow-ish.

Using any harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners (some people talk about toothpaste working) could cause the rhodium to wear off faster, giving your ring a slightly yellow tinge. Not going to ruin it or anything, but it may not stay as bright white for as long.

I just got my ring rhodium-dipped again, and damn, does it look fantastic now. If anyone notices their white gold turning yellow, take it in to get it dipped!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Excuse the butchered nails - despite wearing gloves, managed to destroy them in the garden last weekend. Short was the only option at that point.

Displaying photo.JPG
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards