Chit Chat
Options

"It's the Bride's Day" makes me stabby

2»

Re: "It's the Bride's Day" makes me stabby

• Options

littlepep said:

Heffalump said:

Do you know why this bothers me?  Because it's a little too close for comfort to the idea that a woman's sole objective in life was snagging a husband.  "It's the bride's day!" feels too much like "She won the game, now here's her prize."

Gah those stupid things where the bride is dragging the groom make me so ragey. Or like the new where it's like "the hunt is over" and the bride snags the groom. HAHA I FORCED SOMEONE TO MARRY ME!!! 

Or shit like this: 

Because wedding signs weren't dumb and obnoxious enough already 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

littlepep said:

Heffalump said:

Do you know why this bothers me?  Because it's a little too close for comfort to the idea that a woman's sole objective in life was snagging a husband.  "It's the bride's day!" feels too much like "She won the game, now here's her prize."

Gah those stupid things where the bride is dragging the groom make me so ragey. Or like the new where it's like "the hunt is over" and the bride snags the groom. HAHA I FORCED SOMEONE TO MARRY ME!!! 

Or shit like this: 

Because wedding signs weren't dumb and obnoxious enough already 
    As a guest, if I saw that sign, I would totally take them up on it and run like hell.  Because the wedding is only going to go downhill from there.
  • Options
    My sister's best friend's brother got married in December. The cake topper was a decapitated groom and the bride statue holding the grooms unattached head.  They're getting divorced.
  • Options
    littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

My sister's best friend's brother got married in December. The cake topper was a decapitated groom and the bride statue holding the grooms unattached head.  They're getting divorced.

ETA: WTF is funny about a headless groom? I mean that just doesn't scream romance to me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

This is my shocked face

• Options
    littlepep said:

ETA: WTF is funny about a headless groom? I mean that just doesn't scream romance to me. 
    That's exactly it. That shit ain't cute lol
  • Options

I'm laughing so hard because that cake topper makes me SO UNCOMFORTABLE.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm laughing so hard because that cake topper makes me SO UNCOMFORTABLE.
    Maybe the bride saved him from becoming a zombie.  Super nice of her in that case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards