I've been semi-stalking the board for about a week now but have yet to actually post and thought maybe an introduction thread was in order! I'm going to leave some questions/things for everyone to answer as part of the introductions so that we can get to know each other and find some people with some common interests!
1. Name (Or nickname/What you would want to be called/referred to)
2. Wedding Date
3. Venue (if you have one!)
4. What is your favorite color?
5. What have you done so far?
6. What is the thing you are least looking forward to about your wedding?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. Do you have a theme? What is it?
10. Anything else you want to add!
1. My name is Courtney but you can call me Court, C. whatever you want. Just let me know it's me you're referring to. Lol.
2. July 1st, 2016.
3. Castle McCulloch
4. Royal Blue!
5. I have my venue booked, I purchased my wedding dress, and I have a general idea of the amount of guests and the costs of DJ, catering, and photography.
6. Dealing with my FIL. We don't get along. To be honest, FI doesn't even get along with them all that well but they are still his parents.
7. Definitely has to be rude and ignorant people who think they are better than everyone else. I can't stand people who have a ridiculous sense of self-entitlement.
8. Chinese food! FI hates it but I love it!
9. I'm sort of going for an enchanted fairy tale type thing (it IS in a castle after all...).
10. I'm the daughter of a soldier so one of my biggest fears is that my father will have a last minute deployment before my wedding. I will also be 19 when I get married and FI will be 20. I have heard it all on that front but the people who know us actually aren't all that against it. The only people who really have something to say are my grandmother (She isn't all that fond of marriage before college and wants the whole college experience for me--she would rather we [anyone related to her] have a baby at 18 before getting married at 19), and she is becoming less and less resistant to it, and his parents. His parents' resistance stems from the fact they don't really like me and think my family and I are forcing/coercing/tricking him into it...they want him to wait awhile and date other people. They haven't supported our relationship from day one and I would be lying if I said I had been hopeful it would change with the announcement of our relationship. I'll be studying at the University of North Carolina Greensboro to become a High School English teacher and he will be working full time as an EMT once he finishes classes in May. We were originally planning on November 2015 but decided it would be best to push it back and give us more time to save money and to become adjusted to the changes in our lives that will come about with his new job and my first year of college. For the most part, that will be the only thing you will hear about my age.