Snarky Brides
Options

I just need a minute to snark before FH gets home!

2»

Re: I just need a minute to snark before FH gets home!

• Options
    zitiqueen said:

You forgot to mention that they're generously providing drinks/chocolates for the people who cook the mashed potatoes and do the dishes all weekend. Or that people who decide to camp have to pay to take a shower.

You really made it easy to find.

I admit, I found their wedding website too. They sound so crazy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    "No livestock please."

But how will I show that the bride is worth 3 cows?  HOW DO I EXPRESS HER WORTH WITHOUT COWS?????

I wonder if they'll receive a shit ton of tomatoes as a "fuck you" for hosting everyone so horrifically.  

• Options
    levioosa said:

"No livestock please."

But how will I show that the bride is worth 3 cows?  HOW DO I EXPRESS HER WORTH WITHOUT COWS?????

I wonder if they'll receive a shit ton of tomatoes as a "fuck you" for hosting everyone so horrifically.  
    Because I'm really nonconfrontational but I also have a snarky side I would anonymously send them a package of tomatoes or a banana unpeeler.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I always gift baby goats for weddings.

I found their website too, and it's so much worse than the OP described. Also really disconcerting is there are many other people in this world doing camping potluck weddings other than them.

• Options
    zitiqueen said:

levioosa said:

"No livestock please."

Does it count as livestock if you buy them stuffed cows? Personally, I think a nice stuffed cow, a stuffed goat, a stuffed pig, and a giant metal rooster would be the perfect gift for this couple.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Holy shit show... 
    And there are so many potluck camping weddings!

Like a Vintage Gypsy Punk Circus Sideshow themed wedding.

ETA: Umm just found this as part of the OP's wedding in question.. goat herding? whhhaaat??

[content removed by moderator because it makes the website easy to find]
  • Options
    Oh jeez, I feel bad that I made it possible to find online. Obviously I should have known better than to copy/paste from the site directly. This may have been done under the influence of wine.

Mods, is it possible to delete this thread to protect the couple's privacy?
  • Options
    japlanet said:

Oh jeez, I feel bad that I made it possible to find online. Obviously I should have known better than to copy/paste from the site directly. This may have been done under the influence of wine.

I would just go back and edit your post where you copy and pasted and remove that section - just include a little note as what you edited :)
  • Options

japlanet said:

I would just go back and edit your post where you copy and pasted and remove that section - just include a little note as what you edited :)
    It has been quoted multiple times
  • Options

Honestly if it's a public website... you're not disclosing anybody's personal info.  They put it out there.

Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    RezIpsaRezIpsa member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm always puzzled when people don't use simple password protection. Definitely get the feeling these two would have no shame if everyone in the world knew all the details of this shitshow.
  • Options
    Besides the fact that I have ALWAYS wanted to give a couple a goat as a wedding gift - my life long dream actually, I must ask. WHY are you going, OP? I understand that your FH is close but goodness if I'm going to spend money flying across the country, I'm going to make it worth my while. First skipping that entire mess because I wouldn't want to serve mash potatoes to "pay my dues." Pretty sure I did that when I decided to give the damn couple a gift and purchased plane tickets to see their crazy wedding. I'd be at a nice hotel, seeing some awesome museums, sightseeing, and eating some great food. Maybe I'd feel generous enough to grace the couple with 10 minutes of my presence but most likely not.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    japlanet said:

japlanet said:

It has been quoted multiple times
    Then page a mod. @beethery - is there anyway you can edit out the copy/pasted registry info from this thread? People are finding their wedding website.
  • Options
    I went through and removed the content that had been lifted from the site. Next time, just paraphrase ;)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    japlanet said:
    So FH and I are getting married in June (thanks for everyone's input on my other thread)! We also have a number of friends getting married this summer. One in particular, I just got the invite when I got home today and I need to vent for a minute about this before he gets home because I don't want to say anything mean about it to him (it is the wedding of one of his friends).

So background, we have known about this wedding for a while (date/location) even though no STD or invite had been sent. So we have already planned to fly cross country for this wedding (we both have taken time off work, booked flights and hotels) - it is important to FH to be there, and I want to support him/meet his friends prior to our wedding.

So today we get the invite, 6 weeks before the wedding date (ok fine) - a postcard with a personal note (fine) - RSVP on the website (fine).

On said website I discover - wedding is at a campsite, they are camping Fri/Sat night and guests are invited to camp with them for free if they bring their own tents and food (we already booked hotels, which is fine with me, I don't want to camp anyway, but might have been nice to know prior). The wedding on Saturday is a potluck (but there is a note that if you are flying to be there, you get a pass on bringing food, so we are exempted) and BYOB. For a registry, you can sign up to help/work during the wedding day (one of the things you can sign up for is making a big pot of mashed potatoes for dinner) or contribute $ to something on their 'wish list' - also there is a list of things to "please refrain" from buying them.

I will go with a smile on my face and a card with a cheque in it but, gah. Just needed to vent for a sec!

Gross, gross, gross
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards