Chit Chat
Options

Celebrity Encounters: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

Re: Celebrity Encounters: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

• Options
    I know the guy from Taylor Swift's Tim McGraw music video. I went to high school with him. He was a royal prick.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    Oh on our HM we were sitting at the bar at the Four Season in Paris.   I had to go to the bathroom which is ridiculously far away from the bar.    During my time away DH met and a conversation and got a picture taken with Ben Stiller.   Showed up as he was leaving.   

When we got home from the wedding and HM (wedding was OOT), the very first picture he hung up in his office was the picture.     Like meeting Ben was the highlight of his 3.5 weeks away.  Not the wedding or safari in Africa.  Nope it was meeting Ben.  Ha.

ETA - he also got a little tippsy with the Hoda and Kathy Lee when he was on the today show with them.   He was actually flirting with KL.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I met Rudy Giuliani while I was picked up dinner at the restaurant I used to live next to. He was boosting for Frank Guinta during the local elections, I was pissed because there were like a million people there and I just wanted my fucking burger. He was nice.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

Well....

I've met the entire Little River Band. They called me "Princess" (in a nice way) and I blushed and got my picture taken with them. I had that picture in my bathroom hanging up for years. Don't know why I chose the bathroom, but they were really nice.

I met HANSON! *squeeeee!* When I was 16. My mom dropped off me and 2 of my friends at the mall for a radio contest. You had to be one of the first 107 people and you got to meet Hanson. So I was 105. I met Hanson. I wanted a photo with them, but we weren't allowed to touch them or get photos. I do distinctly remember Zac jumping out of his chair at the girl that was two spots ahead of me and proclaiming "Why!? Do you want a picture of my huge zit!?" in a joking way when she asked for a photo. He was right. That zit was huge. But a bummer we couldn't get photos with them. They were extremely nice though. Thanked everybody for coming to their mall concert.

I also met No Authority. Another boy band... but pretty anonymous unless you were into boy bands in the late 90s. 

Met the original Gomez Adams at the Sears Tower when I was a kid.

I've met a lot of (former) Chicago Bears players, since I'm a huge fan: Dave Wannestadt, Jim McMahon, Roberto Garza, Charles Tillman, Jerry Angelo (former GM)...

I've also met Sam Adams brewer Bob Cannon (SWOON WITH THAT BEARD!) and beer guru, John Palmer. Also met the owners/brewers of Leinenkugels, New Belgium, Founders, Bells and Cigar City. If you're into beer. 

I met No Authority and 98 Degrees at a concert they did in a mall parking lot! Haha totally forgot about that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Oh Billy Joe Armstrong knocked me down at the Tony Awards.  I towered over him in my high heels haha.  I was a sit filler and I got to sit in Helen Mirren's seat when she used the ladies room and she was very sweet when I told her I thought she was awesome

I have met all the guys in Green Day. Years ago, I use to go to a small club in Berkeley, CA to see punk bands play. They would show up occasionally and my friend knew them so we would hang out with them. 

I use to date a drummer of a punk band from CA who use to get a lot of air play. He dumped me though when they got popular.

I grew up in the city where the 49ers use to practice so I met a lot of Niners from the 80's. Steve Young was the only one that I got tongue tied with. I saw him jogging around a local high school field.

• Options
    I gave a ranger talk to Sean Penn and his family without knowing it until later. They were trying to lay low but the gift shop lady blew his cover. 

H is obsessed with Dave Matthews and has had weirdly very good luck with meeting most of the band members. He met the drummer at a concert in high school, and the high school he taught at in the middle of nowhere had a band director that is friends with them and has them do jam sessions and stuff. So the year before we met he met the saxophonist, then we both met Rashawn Ross, the trumpet player. Then we went to a show in Chicago during our honeymoon and the next day we ran into Tim Reynolds in the street. So, that's almost all of them, and I'm not even really a fan but have met two.

My high school band teacher was the original drummer for Everclear. 
  • Options

I saw Drake walking down the street on Halloween a few years ago. Didn't say anything to him though, he was surrounded by a posse (looked like they were going to a party or something). That's the only one I can think of, though!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I don't really have any good ones! My ex and I drunkenly talked our way into an OAR after party at the House of Blues in Chicago after their concert (he was a massive fan). It was in this upstairs private bar area. We hung out with them for a few hours.  I fully expected someone to question who the fuck we were, but we laid low and acted like we were supposed to be there.  Not everyone in the band was there, but the ones who showed up were pretty cool!
  • Options

I've never met a celebrity before, but I knew one before they became one so that may count??

I have no idea if you get the TV show Rookie Blue in the States, but it's had like 5 or 6 seasons in Canada.

I went to college with one of the lead actors in it and we were pretty good friends. I probably have pictures of him in a toga somewhere...
    LOVE that show. Which lead actor?! lol
  • Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    beethery said:

@jenna8984 met me once, hopefully it was thrilling for her.

@beethery Heavenly truth!!

• Options
    I met Mariana's Trench. They were super nice and I wish I could party with them all the time.

I've also met Fred Penner and sang with him and his kids, but ya'll probably don't know him because I'm pretty sure he's only popular here lol
  • Options
    FiancB said:

I gave a ranger talk to Sean Penn and his family without knowing it until later. They were trying to lay low but the gift shop lady blew his cover. 

H is obsessed with Dave Matthews and has had weirdly very good luck with meeting most of the band members. He met the drummer at a concert in high school, and the high school he taught at in the middle of nowhere had a band director that is friends with them and has them do jam sessions and stuff. So the year before we met he met the saxophonist, then we both met Rashawn Ross, the trumpet player. Then we went to a show in Chicago during our honeymoon and the next day we ran into Tim Reynolds in the street. So, that's almost all of them, and I'm not even really a fan but have met two.

My high school band teacher was the original drummer for Everclear. 
    We know Rashawn.  Well we know his mom more from St Thomas.  He is great. Gives us tickets anytime we ask and of course backstage passes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    SoontobeMrsKlein, was it Gregory Smith?? I don't even know if he's still on it..but I loved him on Everwood.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arrippa said:

Oh Billy Joe Armstrong knocked me down at the Tony Awards.  I towered over him in my high heels haha.  I was a sit filler and I got to sit in Helen Mirren's seat when she used the ladies room and she was very sweet when I told her I thought she was awesome

I have met all the guys in Green Day. Years ago, I use to go to a small club in Berkeley, CA to see punk bands play. They would show up occasionally and my friend knew them so we would hang out with them. 

I use to date a drummer of a punk band from CA who use to get a lot of air play. He dumped me though when they got popular.

I grew up in the city where the 49ers use to practice so I met a lot of Niners from the 80's. Steve Young was the only one that I got tongue tied with. I saw him jogging around a local high school field.

I would die.  I am the BIGGEST Niners fan, even living all the way across the country :)  If I ran into Steve Young/Jerry Rice, I would probably keel over.  You're so lucky!   
  • Options
    loveislouder
    hicoco

It's Travis Milne, he plays Chris Diaz!
  • Options
    I've got a lot so will try to keep it to the highlights:

A few months ago we ate dinner at the very next table beside John Hamm, Jennifer Westfeldt, and Jack McBrayer.  We were dying. (UWS)

Stanley Tucci held door for me at CVS (UWS)

Multiple run-ins with Cynthia Nixon (UWS)

Bill Clinton in someone's living room on UES at a fundraiser for a relative who was running for office.  

I held the door for Justin Timberlake entering the Waldorf Astoria in NYC. 

James Worthy grabbed my butt at a club at UNC in the late 90's.

I appeared on Fox News so I met all those idiots and on Inside Edition & Tyra so I met April Woodward (loved her) and Tyra (she was dismissive and in a rush, and I was a 2nd or 3rd tier guest on her show).  

I went on several dates over a few years with Justin Rose's caddy.  We met Justin last year at a tourney.  He just came in 2nd in the Master's, I think. 

My favorite:  I did "hang out" with Trombone Shorty for a stretch, but I'll never kiss & tell!
  • Options
    khugs15 said:

I "met" Usher back in the late '90s when he & Chili from TLC were together. They were jumping line for a ride at Six Flags in Atlanta & he bumped into me and apologized.

Umm, I know Relient K is not a super popular group, but I talked to Matt Theissen (their lead vocalist) on the phone once and I was fangirling so hard I could barely talk. I met the whole band a few years later, they're wonderful.

My mom met LL Cool J in Miami, and she also met a few cast members from the Broadway show Hairspray back in 2009. 

I've also met a LOT of college football players before they went pro [most of them being Alabama players] - Trent Richardson, Dont'a Hightower, AJ McCarron, Tim Tebow. I went to a party once and Cam Newton was there, but I didn't get to talk to him. AND I've met the whole crew from College Game Day multiple times. 

My friend met him a few years ago. He told her not to get too close because he might not let her go. I do not know how she didn't pass out. I would have. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bill Murray owns (or used to own, at least-- this was probably pushing 20 years ago) a minor league baseball team in Charleston. We were at a game and my little sister and I went over to his section to meet him. He was incredibly nice, and told me that both my facepaint and Goofy watch were cool. He signed our baseballs.

I shook Barack Obama's hand on a campaign stop once. I missed him when he was coming down our side of the aisle, and on the way back he was on the other side. There was a little girl next to me who was just yelling "Barack! Hey, Barack!" Her mother goes "you don't talk to him like that, that is Senator Obama." She got his attention though-- he was very nice!

I live in Green Bay, so I see Packers players fairly frequently. Randall Cobb is adorably shy. B.J. Raji is kind of stand off-ish. Oh, and Clay Matthews is just a beautiful in person as you'd expect. 
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    These stories are so cool! I love them because almost all include wicked random celebs. 

I used to live in NYC and ran into Mike Myers enjoying dinner at the Ear Inn, Pink and Carey Hart walking around in SoHo, Bono and the Edge walking around in Union Sq, and Henry Winkler and Andy Samberg eating in a restaurant I used to waitress in! I wasn't their waitress though. Everyone seemed pretty normal and were all minding their own business.

My boss runs into famous people all the time it seems, probably because she notices everything. The two stories that stuck out to me were: 1) seeing Sandra Bullock at an art gallery and Sandra was completely beautiful and flawless despite the fact that she had no makeup on and a regular ole ponytail, and 2) meeting Kevin Spacey at a charity event and reporting back that he was a total snob and prick. This actually shook my whole view on him.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

loveislouder
    hicoco

He's beautiful! lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    littlepep said:

khugs15 said:

I "met" Usher back in the late '90s when he & Chili from TLC were together. They were jumping line for a ride at Six Flags in Atlanta & he bumped into me and apologized.

Umm, I know Relient K is not a super popular group, but I talked to Matt Theissen (their lead vocalist) on the phone once and I was fangirling so hard I could barely talk. I met the whole band a few years later, they're wonderful.

My mom met LL Cool J in Miami, and she also met a few cast members from the Broadway show Hairspray back in 2009. 

I've also met a LOT of college football players before they went pro [most of them being Alabama players] - Trent Richardson, Dont'a Hightower, AJ McCarron, Tim Tebow. I went to a party once and Cam Newton was there, but I didn't get to talk to him. AND I've met the whole crew from College Game Day multiple times. 

My friend met him a few years ago. He told her not to get too close because he might not let her go. I do not know how she didn't pass out. I would have. 
    My FSIL went to school with Usher, said he was very sweet!

Edited b/c I quoted the wrong comment but also, LL Cool J...*swoon*

I actually ran into LL Cool J outside the Beacon Theater.  I had just come from getting a massage and realized after that I had a piece of massage paper stuck to my chin.  Whoops.  
  • Options

arrippa said:

I would die.  I am the BIGGEST Niners fan, even living all the way across the country :)  If I ran into Steve Young/Jerry Rice, I would probably keel over.  You're so lucky!   

I saw Jerry Rice at Sears and Joe Montana trick or treated at our house one Halloween. He was very nice and signed some autographs and took pictures with us.
  • Options
    hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    God bless this thread. I always like hearing which celebrities are dicks and which are nice.

One time when I was at dinner in downtown Manhattan and a friend of mine and I went down to use the bathroom. A guy who we're 99.999% sure was Lenny Kravitz looked at me and said "Hey girl" before he walked into one of the bathrooms. The reason we weren't 100% sure was because it was kind of dim and the restaurant strikes me as the place where a lot of Lenny Kravitz lookalikes would hang out.

Another Corey Feldman spotting: One of the last times I was in Atlantic City he was in town for some horror movie conference. He was walking with his "entourage" and dark glasses inside in the evening. I didn't realize who it was but my FH freaked out because we walked right by him and he thought it was pretty funny. Corey Feldman kind of freaks me out in general because of this really bizarre indie movie he was in and I can only think of that movie when someone mentions him.

FH has way better stories than I do. He grew up near Joe Biden and met him at work. Biden apparently gave him a great tip and was very friendly. When someone asks FH why he likes Obama/Biden so much it's one of the things he mentions. He's also met several band members from bands like the Descendents, the Dwarves, and a few others I can't think of. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    My friend went to the bathroom during Cirque Du Soliel in Vegas and when she came back to our seats she was all excited to tell me that Annalynn McCord (from the new 90210) was doing lines at the bathroom sink. I was like "Why didn't you sneak a pic?! We could have sold it to the tabloids dammit!"

• Options
    arrippa said:

arrippa said:

I saw Jerry Rice at Sears and Joe Montana trick or treated at our house one Halloween. He was very nice and signed some autographs and took pictures with us.

• Options
    edited April 2015

loveislouder
    hicoco

He's beautiful! lol
    yes, yes he is. He was pretty dreamy in college too;) with his shaggy 'beiber-esque' hair.

Man I wish my box of photos from college weren't in storage.

ETA: This was 2004-2006, so thankfully he had the hair before it was associated with a tween 'star'
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've met George Lopez, he called me Amazon, at the club. (He was messed up on coke).
    I've met, Mel B.  (Spice girls.  She called me an fugly bitch)
    I've met Michael Duncan.  He was not as nice as he portrayed in the movies. Propositioned me.
    OJ Simpson. He hit on me, years ago, in Miami. It was hilarious, he came up to me and said, "I heard you're from Buffalo?"  He asked me out, I told him, "I'm a blonde, and I think that going out on a date with you could be hazardous to my health."  He stayed around. My friend was wearing black satin gloves and was sitting behind him doing an exaggerated impression of putting on a pair of ill-fitting gloves.  He never saw her, but all of OJ's friends and I were laughing so hard.  OJ thought I was laughing at him, and said, "You think I'm funny, don't you?"  I said," You're entertaining," and walked away. 
      And I met the creator of WoW.  I forget his name, but H was so incredibly jealous.  He was really nice.
     There's a lot more, but I can't remember them all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards