Chit Chat

Dinner ideas

Re: Dinner ideas

• I'm currently at the airport waiting on my flight to Newark.... Must have tomatoes and corn...,
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    [Deleted User]
  • Hawaiian pulled pork.  Green salad and maybe tater tots.

Yesterday was beef and broccoli stir fry.
    Anniversary

madamerwin
  • I'm on my own tonight so I got some of that buttoni (sp?) tortellini. L&O SVU binge starts in an hour or so. :)
    *********************************************************************************

sarahuflemmaaa
  • We're having chicken noodle hot dish tonight (rotisserie chicken, egg noodles, cream of mushroom, and cheddar) with steamed green beans.  Last night we grilled burgers and tomorrow I have a happy hour so FI is on his own.
  • I'm on my own tonight so I got some of that buttoni (sp?) tortellini. L&O SVU binge starts in an hour or so. :)
    Have you had their mushroom ravioli? It is to die for! I can't get enough of it! I only let myself buy it when it's on sale or I have a coupon or I would eat it 3 times a week...sooooooo good!!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm boiling whole grain pasta and threw in red peppers and kale.

@tfmrserwin I would LOVE falafel and a Greek salad. *drools*.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @hellohkb I could eat Greek food all day every day... FI is the master of barbecued boneless leg of lamb (he injects garlic cloves into it, and marinates it in more garlic, rosemary, and some sort of yogurt sauce). But I could probably survive off of feta and grape tomatoes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    novella1186hellohkb
  • I made country style pork ribs, mac 'n cheese and baked beans last night, so left overs tonight.

• I made country style pork ribs, mac 'n cheese and baked beans last night, so left overs tonight.
    Can I come over?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    MairePoppy
    Can I come over?
    You sure can. 

madamerwin
  • Seriously, Jersey has the BEST tomatoes and the BEST corn. We're also a top producer of blueberries, cucumbers, and lots of other amazing fruits and vegetables.. It's a combination of the minerals in the soil and the water along with our climate that seems to grow such tasty things.

The latest episode of "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" was filmed in NJ and was such a beautiful love letter to the state. Sure, we have our problems just like everywhere else, but there is so much that keeps bringing people back. Watch it here.
    ~*~*~*~*~

lyndausvicupcait927[Deleted User]
  • Grilled chicken sandwiches. Which I needed to start cooking 10 minutes ago if I want to make it to my meeting tonight. Oops.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2015

Seriously, Jersey has the BEST tomatoes and the BEST corn. We're also a top producer of blueberries, cucumbers, and lots of other amazing fruits and vegetables.. It's a combination of the minerals in the soil and the water along with our climate that seems to grow such tasty things.

The latest episode of "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" was filmed in NJ and was such a beautiful love letter to the state. Sure, we have our problems just like everywhere else, but there is so much that keeps bringing people back. Watch it here.
    I've been to a few of the places he featured. In fact, I'm going to one of them on Saturday!

ETF- spelling

• I am flying solo tonight. So I ate boxed mac and cheese on the couch watching Royal Pains.

I love my husband, but sometimes it is nice when he has to work late!
  • sarahufl said:
    I am flying solo tonight. So I ate boxed mac and cheese on the couch watching Royal Pains.

Ditto!!

• edited June 2015

sarahufl said:

I am flying solo tonight. So I ate boxed mac and cheese on the couch watching Royal Pains.

Ditto!!

Me three! I ate the entire box :blush:

Hopefully the bacon doesn't go bad overnight ;)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    Lazy Italian chicken breasts:

Pour spaghetti sauce into bottom of greased pyrex pan, enough to cover the bottom about one inch.  Stir in about a third of a cup of grated parmesian cheese.  (The shaker kind will do, but real grated is much better!)  Roll boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the sauce and cover with aluminum foil bake 50 minutes at 350.  Take off aluminum foil and sprinkle chicken generously with shredded mozzerella cheese.  Return to oven for ten minutes.  Voila!  Optional - serve over spaghetti or any other pasta.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    lachattefatale[Deleted User]
  • sarahufl said:

People ask me how I deal with FI travelling so much... he's often gone Sunday night or Monday morning through Thursday night. I was single and lived alone for a long time before I met him so I enjoy the "me" time while he's gone (although it's got its downsides too) 
    Married 9.12.15
  • sarahufl said:

People ask me how I deal with FI travelling so much... he's often gone Sunday night or Monday morning through Thursday night. I was single and lived alone for a long time before I met him so I enjoy the "me" time while he's gone (although it's got its downsides too) 
    My DH works most nights.  Right now it's 6 nights a week.    In the winter it's only 4 nights.  For 6 weeks in the spring he is home every night.  I admit that by week 4 I start thinking "when do you go back to work at nights again?"

I like my alone time.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    julieanne912
  • H moved in with me in 2006. Since then, we've maybe lived together a total of 3 years and that is not consecutively. I've lived apart from him for the last year as well. I'm used to being alone, cooking for 1, and doing my own thing. Should be interesting when I move tomorrow! Yikes! LOL

lyndausviMairePoppyemmaaaphotokitty
  • This is very interesting. Currently, FI and I live separately and I live alone. I am actually nervous about living with him. I am so use to being on my own (living alone for five years now). It'll be an adjustment, to say the least.
  • @arrippa - do y'all have plans to move in together soon?
    *********************************************************************************

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    @arrippa - do y'all have plans to move in together soon?

boxesboxesboxes
    After the wedding.
    southernbelle0915
  • For everyone who said you made mac & cheese: I just want you all to know that it needs salt. 
    I am so offended! How dare you.

[Deleted User]
  • emmaaa said:
    For everyone who said you made mac & cheese: I just want you all to know that it needs salt. 
    I am so offended! How dare you.
    Well then go get your drunk SO so he can yell at me. 
    [Deleted User]mrsdee15
  • RE: the H being gone convo (too many things to quote). He travels about a week a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. His whole family lives nearby and they are always SO WORRIED about me being home. And God forbid if it rains or snows- they invite me to come stay at their house.

While the sentiment is nice, I love being home alone. I work out, I sew, I go to bed super early or super late, I read a lot. I eat junky mac & cheese and don't have to answer to anyone.
    [Deleted User]simcal18
  • sarahufl said:

RE: the H being gone convo (too many things to quote). He travels about a week a month, sometimes more, sometimes less. His whole family lives nearby and they are always SO WORRIED about me being home. And God forbid if it rains or snows- they invite me to come stay at their house.

While the sentiment is nice, I love being home alone. I work out, I sew, I go to bed super early or super late, I read a lot. I eat junky mac & cheese and don't have to answer to anyone.

All of this. I like my alone time!

When DH is out of the country for business, friends and family alike ask me if I'm OK, if I'm scared, if I need company... Um, nope. I lived on my own for several years. I'm fine. Actually better than fine when I add freshly grated cheddar to my kraft mac and flip on a house of cards marathon.

lyndausvi[Deleted User]
  • Sunday night I made butter beef sandwiches in the crockpot and Tuesday I made chicken tacos in the crockpot. Last night I had cereal for dinner so..there's that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards