Not Engaged Yet

It's FRIDAY!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY! 

H and I saw Jurassic World last night and LOOOOOOOOOOVED it. That's all I'll say about that ;)

I'm leaving work early to get my fluffy eybrows and man mustache waxed off my face. Then I have to get the rest of the food, supplies, and booze. The rest of the day and night I'll be prepping food, making the sangria so it can sit overnight, cleaning the entire house, and getting the backyard ready. 

Tomorrow is my big party! We're expecting around 40 guests -- all family, friends, and H's coworkers. I'm SO excited! The menu: BBQ chicken skewers, hotdogs, burgers, bruschetta, veggie trays, potato salad, corn and bean salad, spinach salad, pasta salad, onion dip, pickle dip, and hoagie dip. My aunt is bringing a bunch of desserts and I ordered a chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream icing and filling for H's birthday. 

Sunday I expect to be hungover but hopefully I can drag myself out of bed/off the couch and get outside because it's supposed to be beautiful! Sunday night, I think H and I are going to see Bad Religion (a band) because they're playing a venue right by our house and H loves them and I've learned to love them because of him. 

SO EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND!

Re: It's FRIDAY!

• @hummingbird125 - Mmmmm Extra Virgin! I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow :) Your bed looks so adult and comfy! I got my big comfy couch, black coffee table and 2 end tables at Jennifer Convertible for $1200 back when I got my first apartment. I really like the stuff there and you could probably find a good deal! 

@CocoBellaF - I don't know much about diabetes so I googled and found THIS! Some of those look so delicious! 

• @swazzle have fun at your party tomorrow! Have some cake for me!

@hummingbird125 I LOVE your new bed set, have fun at Extra Virgin! I miss it there, I'm hoping H and I can go there at some point this year.

Tonight I have a follow-up appointment with my new PCP (who I LOVE). Then I'm going to bing-watch OITNB.

Saturday I'll get some yardwork/housework done, then I'm meeting H at the movie theaters near his job to be the last person in the world to see Jurassic World. I wanted to go tonight, but H doesn't want to stay up late since he works Saturdays.

Sunday we'll put the ladder in the pool and invite H's friends over and their kids

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80, @hummingbird125 - We should plan a Saturday triple date night at EV sometime this summer :) I can't wait to be in your pool in just a few more weeks! 

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @Swazzle - Have FUN!!!!  I hope your party goes well...gah do I wish I lived closer to you gals and could invite myself.  :)  The hutch looks amazing too.  Did you see Jurassic World in 2D or 3D?  Recommendations?  We haven't bought our tickets yet.

@Hummingbird125 - I LOVE the bedroom.  Really elegant looking.  Our couch, love seat, over-sized chair and bed is from Ashley's and even though I've heard mixed reviews about them it has lasted us (plus our ginormous dog) over 5 years with nary a scratch really.  

@CocoBellaF - I'm not sure how well this would freeze but how about this dish for a crock pot idea... link I've never had to cook for a diabetic so not sure how good the recipe would be.  Chillis always a good option too (again, not quite sure how to make it diabetic friendly though). It is so nice of you to be cooking for others like this. 

@Buddysmom80 - H and I aren't seeing it until Sunday I think so you aren't the last person in the world to see it.  ;)

--------------------------------------------------
    I'm going to try to cheer up today because its Friday but I was just in such a mood this morning.  I started crying on the ride to work out of frustration.  TMI Alert - I keep thinking AF is coming (cramping, etc.) and she is past due but nothing but also negative tests.  I weighed myself today too and the 3lb gain from last week dropped 1lb but I'm still 2lb up and I've been super, super good with writing everything down and working out.  The whole process is aggravating.  I'm freaking making myself a spa appointment this weekend come hell or high water...and I'm drinking wine tonight.  I need to chill the F out. 

Saturday I'm going to spin class in the morning then hopefully gardening with H.  In the evening we are going out to a nice dinner at a place we have been meaning to try.  

Sunday I'm spinning again, have to do some work (boo), maybe this would be a good day to do the spa thing since I'm working in the morning and then H and I are going to Jurassic World!  I'm so excited to see it!

ETA - Forgot to add my spa appointment to the mix.
  • Swazzle said:
    @buddysmom80, @hummingbird125 - We should plan a Saturday triple date night at EV sometime this summer :) I can't wait to be in your pool in just a few more weeks! 

YES PLEASE

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle - I'm glad you liked JW. I'm definitely going to get DH to go see that movie with me. Have a great time at your party this weekend! Also, that hutch is gorgeous! It looks like you have room to have the top plates set upright... I don't know if there's a name for it, but basically a plate holder that will hold the plate up so you can see the design?

@hummingbird125 (and @audrewuh) - Gorgeous quilt!!

I'm pretty proud of myself. I hurt my back at Crossfit on Wednesday morning, and it's still just as bad as it was that day. But I went to CF this morning anyway, and even though I had to modify all the exercises, I still got a great workout in. The old me would have just stayed in bed until 7a and used my back as an excuse.

Tonight after work I have to go buy my nephew some birthday presents. We leave around 7:45 tomorrow morning to go to Richmond for the weekend. I can't swait to squeeze those kids! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Morning all! Today will probably be the last day I post for a bit. I have the concert tomorrow, work Sunday, and then finals on top of working my usual schedule next week so I'm gonna be BUSYYYYY. My room could use a good cleaning after all is said and done, but I'm not gonna touch it until I have ample time because there is just glitter everywhere and that's gonna take some time lol.

Yesterday BF and I went to dinner at my friend's Irish pub. Friend is the chef there and is always telling me he makes the best burgers in town and I've only gone there for drinks so when we couldn't agree I was like let's just go here and so we went and oh. my. god. Best burgers I've EVER had. I got this Irish melt that had ranch dressing, fried Irish cheese (yes, fried) and "Irish bacon" which was basically just ham lol. It was SO good. And also I had sweet potato fries that were seasoned with cinnamon. I don't usually rave about my dinners but it was fantastic lol.

On the agenda today: Library, work meeting at noon, back to the library, work at 3, and then bed lol so eventful.
  • @swazzle - what is pickle dip? it sounds amazing, as does the rest of the food. have so much fun tomorrow!! also LOVE the hutch!

@cocobellaf - not sure if this is diabetes friendly, but it's delicious and pretty easy to freeze, i think

@minskat30 - *hugs* enjoy your spa appointment!

@cu97tiger - awesome job not letting your back be an excuse!!

i dont have much in terms of weekend plans. i want to go to the beach because it's supposed to be gorgeous, but OITNB comes out today so i will want to binge that too. decisions, decisions......

• edited June 2015
    @buddysmom80 - I forgot about OITNB - Guess that's what I'll be doing while baking Saturday morning!!

@Swazzle - I will definitely check out Jennifer Convertibles - I know of one right near me!

@CocobellaF - I don't know if it would freeze well, but THESE butternut squash enchiladas are filling and healthy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @cu97tiger - Congrats on getting through Crossfit today!  I hope you are rewarding yourself for that this weekend.  What are you getting for your nephew?  My nephew's b-day is coming up and, other than video games, I have no idea what to get him (he is 14 though so not sure how old your nephew is).  They grow up so quick...I remember being the first person to hold his hand after my sister had him and now he is taller than me!

@TwoDimes - Have fun in Chicago and also...yeah Indy!!!  Take some pictures as she graduates (as I'm sure she will with such a dedicated Momma).

@Peaseblossom55 - I know the feeling of not being able to button your pants is daunting but just think of the good reason...baby is growing!  Are you guys going to find out the sex?

@jenjen047 - Hit up the beach if its nice out!

@untouchablets - Umm, that sandwich sounds amazing.
  • @swazzle you're not far, come take a trip to Long Island so you can have it fresh :P
  • @swazzle - omg sounds amazing!

@peaseblossom55 - have fun in AC! ive never been but want to go this summer!

@twodimes - have fun at your shower!!!
  • @Swazzle - 3D it is then!  I'm going to buy the tickets now!  I also just made the spa appointment for Sunday...its a lovely spa and they give you free bubbly while you wait so, yeah, if I can't chill out after that I'm a lost cause.  :)
  • Good morning all! I'm so glad it's Friday, although I do have to work tomorrow? Question: Would it be reasonable to tell my boss I can really only work 2 Saturdays a month? When I took this job I was told it would be the occasional Saturday and now I only get one of a month and I'm really annoyed that I was lied to.

Anyway - It's raining again today. Which I really don't mind. You know what I do mind? Listening to people (my co-worker) bitch about the rain. Yes it's been raining a lot. But it's more annoying to hear you complain about how much it's been raining. But maybe it's just because I actually enjoy the rain.

My mom is flying in this afternoon. She has another test on Monday then flies out that night but we'll get to spend the weekend together. So that should be fun.

• @minskat30 - He's turning 4. I'll probably get him some clothes, because I love buying kids clothes. And he loves trucks, digging equip, etc. Also, legos. I need to look at the list my sister sent me! I cannot even fathom him as a teenager. I saw him for the first time when he was maybe 25 days old (pic below of then and now) and I've been in love with him ever since!

@swazzle - Yep, I think that would look good. You can always put a small succulent, or figurine on top of the other stacks if you think they look too plain. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm not seeing much movement on my weight, but I am definitely seeing arm muscles and can do one (yes, one... MAYBE two) full body pushups, so there's progress!

@bethsmiles - I think you can definitely ask your boss if he has a plan to remove some of these Saturdays from you. Maybe say 'if you need me to tell you what 1-2 Saturdays I'm avaialbe each month is, I can certainly do that.' It's tough when you're told one thing and another happens. I don't think it hurts to ask, as right now, your boss has no incentive to change the status quo. They may have a reason (for example, someone else quit that used to take Saturdays, etc).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @minskat30 - That is my kinda spa! That sounds so amazing. I hope you enjoy every single second of it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the movie! 

@bethsmiles - Vibes to your mom this weekend! 

@cu97tiger- OH I LOVE that idea so much! I'll be trying it out later today. As long as I don't forget (because I have 8 million things to do), look for a text from me :)

• @goldenpenguin I love that wine bar holy moly. Where did it come from?
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @swazzle that hutch came out gorgeous!!! 

@hummingbird125 aw first married date night, that just sounds so adorable!! New bedding is the second best feeling (fresh out of the dryer being the best feeling ever).

@cocobellaf  Freezer meals are a really good idea.  Since you'll probably get a lot of dinner ideas, here's some breakfast meals:

So I went on restaurant.com last night to look for gift card deals.  I got $1125 worth of gift cards for $65.  $1000 for hotels, $100 for restaurants, and $25 visa.  They also had deals for Eagles preseason tickets, so I sent that to my brother.  

We started watching OITNB last night.  I fell asleep during the second episode (it was around 1:00am in my defense), and woke up to a very graphic scene.  So I think when I start watching again, I'll rewatch the first two episodes.

Tomorrow I'm visiting my college roommate since I missed her baby shower.  Not sure if I'll be staying all weekend or not yet, because I do need to start packing.  The goal is to have the trim done this weekend so the carpet installers can come next week.  Once the carpet is installed it is moving time! I can't wait to make this house that has consumed the last 2 years of my life, MY HOME!!!!

• @goldenpenguin I love that wine bar holy moly. Where did it come from?
    It's from Bed, Bath & Beyond!! It's on clearance right now for $129!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @cu97tiger - So, cute (both of you, that is)!  ;)  Seriously, that hair on him is adorable!  Have fun giving him ALL the hugs.  
  • Thanks for the ideas y'all!!  I'll probably do some breakfast foods too, @speakeasy14.
  • @eilis1228 - Yup, I'm hourly. And what they keep telling me they are going to do is have me clock out four hours early during the week so I can work a Saturday without it being overtime. They haven't actually been able to make me do that yet since there are only 2 of us at our branch but honestly? I'm not in to working every Saturday if it's not overtime and that's not how it was explained to me in my interview (so basically a lie by omission). They also told me we get bank holidays off but that's not true either. Ugh...I really could go on and on about how much I was lied to about what this job would be.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards