Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's FRIDAY!

Re: It's FRIDAY!

• Options
    Hello ladies!!!!

I'm off work today! I'm also knitting from my phone so sorry I'm not responding to everyone's posts.

BF took today off too and we just saw Jurassic World! It's so good!! Tonight we're going to my cousins graduation party and hanging with family.

Tomorrow I'm not sure during the day but we're going out to a place called Fire and Ice for dinner. It's like a hibachi but it's all good not just Japanese.

Sunday is my birthday!! My mom got us tickets to the Red Sox so we'll be there all day!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @bethsmiles Since you're hourly, you definitely have every right to limit your availability. The clocking out early strategy you described sounds really shady on their end. They obviously aren't looking out for their employees' best interests, which means you'll have to stand up for yourself. I think limiting your Saturday availability is a great idea. 

@labro Thank you! I know we'll eventually find the right song, I just need him to compromise a bit more. He tends to pout and get frustrated with me if I don't like some of his requests (for example, he really really really wanted a head table, not a sweetheart table. I vetoed it because of logistics with having all our WP and their SOs at one table, and he STILL talks about it frequently). I'm glad that he wants to have input, and I really want him to have a good time at the reception. I don't want him to end up in the corner on his cell phone all night like he typically does at large parties. I also recognize that he's not the best with sentimental things. He shows his love through acts of service, which is normally fine, but a wedding is about verbal declarations of love, so I need him to get on board with that and help me with some of these things. Sorry for the long reply... just need to vent and get it out of my system. What song did you guys dance to? 

@TwoDimes Thank you! I know he will... I'm just annoyed with the process of getting there. He's not as sentimental as I am, and he has different taste in music than I do, which is normally not an issue at all... but with a wedding, it definitely is. I want the wedding to reflect both of us, not just me and not just him. I think talking with him last night helped, so hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 I was actually looking for something for father's day and figured if I got one of the deal packs I'd have giftcards available for future gifting events.  I may give the hotel stuff to my mom for her birthday.

@goldenpenguin that wine rack is really nice! I wish we had space for a wine rack.  I bought under cabinet shelves so that we at least have a place for wine glasses

@minskat30 enjoy your spa day! That place sounds heavenly. 
  • Options

Work is chaotic and I keep dry heaving it's awful.  I want to go home and cry.

Anywho.. @GoldenPenguin I love love that wine bar, but my cats are assholes.  They would ruin it and turn it into a new toy somehow. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @labro and @southernpeach89 Congrats!!! My mom was unemployed for 2 years so I completely get how excited you are for your dad!!

@eilis1228 vent away! Since he responds more with acts of service, how about playing songs that you like and choose one based off his reaction?
  • Options
    @labro and @southernpeach89, congrats to your dad!!!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I did that before we chose "Shut Up and Dance," and he wasn't really into it. Slow songs just aren't his thing. He absolutely hates to dance, especially with a bunch of people watching him, so I was little wary when he was so gung ho for "Shut Up and Dance," but I went with it because it was such a fun idea. I really think he'll be appreciative of a slow song where he can just sway back and forth when it's time to actually dance in front of everyone though. He really likes "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, but I think that would require a waltz... Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up" is slow enough to sway to... ah, decisions. At least he's giving some actual input now. :)

• Options
    Random Rant: this might make me a bitch but these people brought their toddler to a loan closing today and the kid has been making noise non-stop and it's pissing me off. I don't find misbehaved small children cute. I don't find loud children cute. And their closing is taking forever so this kid has been here for like an hour just making random noises. It's giving me a headache and I wish his parents would fucking attempt do something about it.

• Options
    eilis1228 said:
    @speakeasy14 I did that before we chose "Shut Up and Dance," and he wasn't really into it. Slow songs just aren't his thing. He absolutely hates to dance, especially with a bunch of people watching him, so I was little wary when he was so gung ho for "Shut Up and Dance," but I went with it because it was such a fun idea. I really think he'll be appreciative of a slow song where he can just sway back and forth when it's time to actually dance in front of everyone though. He really likes "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, but I think that would require a waltz... Jason Mraz's "I Won't Give Up" is slow enough to sway to... ah, decisions. At least he's giving some actual input now. :)
    I feel like you're overthinking this! H & I danced to Jason Mraz's "Best Friend" and it was a little more upbeat than a ballad, and we just swayed & spun. You don't need to do anything fancy - just enjoy the dance with your new H!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @AlPacina - Season 3 was my favorite, although I admittedly haven't seen Season 1 (much to @swazzle's chagrin). I'm really excited about Season 5 - there are SO MANY good people in it!

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @bethsmiles - i dont think that makes you a bitch at all. misbehaved children are annoying and if the parents dont step in to discipline/correct the child, you have to just suffer through it. :( im sorry!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - Maybe a soup of some sort?  It wouldn't be as labor intensive for you, because you could just put it in Crock Pot, and it would last forever.  I don't know much about diabetes, but the thing I love about soups is that you can put basically anything in them.

@Swazzle - That hutch is fantastic!!

@goldenpenguin - That wine rack is also fantastic!  I'm always looking for a good way to display my wine and glasses, and that's a great price.

@eilis1228 - I hate when I make the mistake of getting something caffeine free instead of getting the actual thing.

My weekend looks like it will be mostly quiet.  Today I'm headed to the gym here in a little bit, and then I'm going into Oklahoma City to run a few errands and go to yoga.  My parents just finished going through all of their books, and my car is packed with boxes to go sell to Half-Price Books, so I'm going to drop those off and hopefully make my parents a bit of money.  There are so many books...I don't think they'd gone through the bookshelves since we moved into this house 20 years ago!  Then I'm going to yoga.  I've really been enjoying practicing on a regular basis.  It's fun to play around and see what my body can do.  Also I bought a new workout tank that says "Feed me and tell me I'm pretty" on the front, so I'll definitely be wearing that.  :-) 

Tomorrow I'm going to clean house and start working on repainting some furniture that is going in my new apartment.  I sort of have a collection of really great pieces, but they don't coordinate at all, and so I want to repaint them so there will be some cohesion.  Sunday is church and hopefully a long nap, although I need to get some cleaning done as well.  We'll see...just being able to be flexible with what I do matters a lot!
  • Options
    @GoldenPenguin - Across the first 3, Season 1 was above and beyond my favorite. Definitely watch it. The intro to the first season scared me the most too.

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin I probably am. That's how I operate lol. I dive into something and then OD on it because I overthink it... and then come back later and make a decision. I know we have a ton of time, but scrapping our original idea put me into research mode last night. I'll let myself get distracted with something else and then revisit this later. :)

@jenjen047 Did you have any issues transitioning to no hormones? Were your periods normal? 

@futuremrshistorian Caffeine free things in the morning are just evil! 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - im on mirena which is still hormonal, i think. i had some very light spotting about 3 weeks after insertion and again about a month later (so more or less keeping same cycle i was on before). that was really it for about 3 months. last week i had some more spotting for about 3 days. other than that, i havent noticed any difference.
  • Options
    @eliis1228 & @jenjen047 - Mirena has a very very low dose of hormones, because it goes directly into your uterus instead of having to travel through your bloodstream. I had gone off of the pill for probably six months before I got my Mirena and I had no change of any kind after insertion. I get very minor spotting every few months and very very rarely any PMS symptoms (usually some sore boobs, and that's it!)

• Options
    @eilis1228 PIcking a first dance song was a bit frustrating too, we agreed on one and three days before the wedding I was like eh let's dance to it and we realized it was an awful song to dance to really.  H suggested a song in minutes that was just beyond perfect.  It''s hard to pick a song when there are memories associated with other relationships or even different tastes in music like H & I have

Anniversary

• Options
    @bethsmiles not a bitch. I would be pissed if I was buying/selling a house and it took longer cause a misbehaved child was being annoying. That's a lot of signatures!

@goldenpenguin lol still haven't found it on the website. I obviously suck at searching. I'm thinking I'll see if we can make something similar for my sisters wedding. She would love it so I may just buy it instead of make lol
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @alpacina - I thought the same thing. I fully expected to go in and just stretch and use a foam roller/lacrosse ball to roll out my back the whole time. But since I just tweaked the muscle, running (straight forward, not sprinting and not changing direction) didn't bother it. Also, I did 1.7k on the rowing machine, which wasn't bad at all, since it's mostly hamstring/quads/glutes and arms. I modified the way I did pull ups (ring rows) and only did push presses (above my head) so those did not tax my back at all. Who knew you could get a good workout in without using much of your back?!? I was sweating up a storm. The worst part was walking from one place to another and putting the bar back.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @bethsmiles not a bitch. I would be pissed if I was buying/selling a house and it took longer cause a misbehaved child was being annoying. That's a lot of signatures! @goldenpenguin lol still haven't found it on the website. I obviously suck at searching. I'm thinking I'll see if we can make something similar for my sisters wedding. She would love it so I may just buy it instead of make lol
    LINK ;)

• Options
    @KeptInStitches - How nice of your parents!

@labro - Love the wine holder you got for @southernpeach89!  Congrats to your Dad too!

@eilis1228 - You aren't alone.  H and I struggled with music too and he isn't as sentimental as me (I'm Words of Affirmation; he is Acts of Service).  We also have very different taste in music (I'm contemporary, 70s or classics; H is 80s or Indian songs...lol).  We ended up with two songs we agreed to for our potential dance (Por una Cabeza (a tango that has meaning for us) or Harvest Moon (another song that has meaning to us)).  We took lessons and did the tango but I think we are crazy (and the dance instructors did too since H had zero dance experience and I only had a little).  We didn't look professional at all and kept Harvest Moon as our backup "sway" song in case we didn't feel like we could do the tango the day of but we had a blast and that is all that matters to us.  I think you could easily sway to A Thousand Years if you both like that.  Are you guys using a DJ?  If so, can they send you a list of ideas (that way no one takes it personally that "their" idea was nixed)?  Just a thought.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    @eilis1228 We danced to Jason Mraz's version of "Rainbow Connection". It's short and sweet which I loved! People were actually singing along to the song when we danced! I definitely agree with @GoldenPenguin that you're probably overthinking how you should dance. H and I just turned and swayed. Just pick something that is easy to cut off or is short (2 to 2/12 minutes) and you'll be perfect!

ETA: Thanks everyone for all your kind wishes to my dad! We're just so excited for him!!!

• Options
    @eilis1228 I say go for the song he likes and just middle school dance it out.  No use in making him learn to dance if he's not really comfortable in front of people. 
  • Options
    jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @eilis1228 - i agree with PP. im not one for fancy dancing (and BF definitely isnt)....i plan to just sway middle-school style. :)

also i heard this song on the Bruce Jenner interview and thought it was a wonderful wedding song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8WiCeZPtI

ETA: that being said, i see nothing wrong with doing a more complex dance if thats what you guys want to do! its your moment, do whatever you want!!
  • Options
    @aurorarose41 - California wines would be AMAZING!!! I've been looking for wine clubs to join, so that I can stock it up, but I haven't found one I like yet. We'll definitely have to chat more about that :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards