Not Engaged Yet

Flashback Friday

So last night I was watching tv and the movie "The Princess Diaries" was on and I heard the song they play at the end. I looked at the credits because I couldn't tell if it was Britney Spears or not. Turns out it was B*Witched. Does anyone else remember them?? 

So it got me thinking about doing a flashback thread. What were some of your favorite things growing up?? Toys, bands, TV shows?

One of my favorite toys was this beauty:

What is some of your favorite nostalgia? 
friends tv show funy

Re: Flashback Friday

• @swazzle I remember Are you Afraid of the Dark, the kids I used to babysit for loved it.  I kinda enjoyed it too. 

I don't remember much other than Barbies and I had close to 20 Cabbage Patch Kids too. 

Anniversary

• @labro - We still play with that same Bop-It when we are hanging out with our friends and their kids.  I know they have new Bop-Its, but the kids love the original one!!
  • Barbies (had a Whitney Doll)!  Light Bright and My Little Ponies too!!  As for TV, I remember TGIF with Full House being my favorite.  Uncle Jessie...sigh.  Oh and Dirty Dancing...I went through like 4 VHS tapes (yes, you can break a VHS tape if you watch it too much).  I had the posters and all and loved that movie.  

• @TwoDimes - LOVED Legends of the Hidden Temple.  
  • @TwoDimes - I still have mine too! When I was little, I specifically remember going to work with my mom one day and because I was very spoiled, she brought my Nintendo and my little kid recliner with us so I wasn't bored. I was playing and lost all of my lives and I got SO mad that I threw the controller at the TV and it's a miracle (or really, I had no muscles at the tender age of 7) that the TV didn't shatter. I swear that game is the root of all of my frustrations in life. 

Are we the same age? I loved those shows SO much. Green monkeys fo' lyfe. 

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015

@Swazzle - A Nightmare on Elm Street would have traumatized me when I was little! My parents made me stop watching Scooby-Doo because it gave me nightmares lol. I love scary movies now though.

ETA: @GoldenPenguin- FRAGGLE ROCK! My grandparents used to record episodes and mail them to me!

• This is a great thread, @caseface5!!!!!

• @GoldenPenguin I had those sneakers too.  I loved them. 

I remember Legends of the Hidden Temple, and I loved Double Dare.  I wanted to be on the show so badly.  I got to see a taping of an episode of Guts when we went to Universal Studios one summer. It was really fun.

Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @GoldenPenguin I think that's the one My Little Pony I don't have! My parents still have my huge box of My Little Ponies stored in their attic. I've told them they are never ever allowed to get rid of them!

@Swazzle You WOULD be Angelica. ;)

@TwoDimes I always wanted Mall Madness but my parents never bought it for us. I thought it was such a fun game!!

I really miss all those old Nickelodeon game shows too. It was my dream to be on something like Legends of the Hidden Temple or Guts!

• @jenjen047 that's the episode that still creeps me out!! I remember it vividly!

@Twodimes Cookie Crisp NOMS!
  • @southernpeach89 - clearly it was a traumatic episode if we still remember it 20-something years later. that shit was not suitable for kids.
  • @jenjen047 - The Hannukah episode was the best!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @GoldenPenguin I definitely remember Zoobilee Zoo! But the rest of that stuff, yeah clueless. :)

@jenjent047 That episode STILL haunts me. I'm afraid of pools at night if it isn't lit because that ghost will come drown me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards