Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Wedding morning brunch?

I am getting married next Saturday (eee!) and I was just thinking that I will want to have some food available for myself and the parents/bridal party etc as we get ready. The girls are coming over around 9am to get ready. Once we leave the house around 12:30 there will not be another chance to eat until cocktail hour at 5pm. So what food things are low effort/can be done ahead of time to feed 8-10 people and keep them full until dinner?

Right now I am thinking:

fruit

yoghurt

assorted baked goods (crossiants, muffins, scones) and jam

quiche

salad

Any ideas?

Re: Wedding morning brunch?

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    japlanet said:

I am getting married next Saturday (eee!) and I was just thinking that I will want to have some food available for myself and the parents/bridal party etc as we get ready. The girls are coming over around 9am to get ready. Once we leave the house around 12:30 there will not be another chance to eat until cocktail hour at 5pm. So what food things are low effort/can be done ahead of time to feed 8-10 people and keep them full until dinner?

Right now I am thinking:

fruit

yoghurt

assorted baked goods (crossiants, muffins, scones) and jam

quiche

salad

Any ideas?

We had those items available, as well as bagels and schmears, for the morning. However, No one needs to go hungry, and it is not a good idea to do so. My daughter and her wedding party packed simple, non-perishable items to snack on such as granola bars and trail mix. Why is there such a long time between the ceremony and cocktail hour? There should not be a large gap of time between the ceremony and reception, so hunger should not really be an issue.
  • Options
    There is no gap between be ceremony and cocktail hour. Ceremony is at 4. We (bridal party) are doing photos beforehand and it is a 45 min drive to the venue, hence leaving the house at 12:30.
  • Options
    Ours was a morning wedding with a lunch reception, but we had various mini pastries and cinnamon buns and such with orange juice and Sierra Mist virgin mimosas. I had too much nervous energy to eat until right before the wedding started, but everyone else was able to have some breakfast so no one would be starving before the reception.
  • Options
    this is a good idea. our host hotel has complimentary breakfast so I am going to work with them to have platters ready for our room mostly with fruit, bagels, smears, bacon, sausage, croissants, water, orange juice for mimosas. 
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    I don't know how you are getting to the photo destination(s) but I would seriously consider taking a cooler with the leftovers from your morning spread. . . . fruit, sandwiches, sodas, waters, juices etc. should all last well while you are out and about and give everyone a chance to snack on something.
  • Options
    Are you an Aug 1st wedding too?? :)

since we're getting ready at my mum's place, she's putting together something similar.
    Drinks - tea, coffee, mimosa, juice
    Food: fruit tray, croissants/bagels {jam, pb, nutella, cream cheese} deli meats, cheese

probably other stuff.

We're starting at 9 and have to be at venue by 2:30 so she wanted something everyone can pick at while getting ready that's breakfast and can be lunch.

{side note: I'm going to see if I can convince her to make french toast hahaha!}
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I would have sandwich platter available around 11am. Doesn't need to be a lot, but your menu would not hold me over all day. Running around taking pictures takes a lot out of you.
    This.  No way in hell what you are describing is going to keep me full until 5pm.  Especially considering people are going to have to be up before 9am in order to travel to your place to get ready at 9am.

You should serve a heavier, lunch option around 12pm.  And I'd also be sure to have snacks and water on hand for your wedding party during the time it takes to take the pre ceremony photos and travel to the ceremony site.
    this is a good idea. our host hotel has complimentary breakfast so I am going to work with them to have platters ready for our room mostly with fruit, bagels, smears, bacon, sausage, croissants, water, orange juice for mimosas. 
    You should consider including some kind of eggs in that brunch line up, but otherwise that sounds great!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I was thinking of ordering a couple subway sandwich platters as well as water, pop and juice to be avaliable while we are getting ready. I will probably have cheese and crackers out as well and cookies. We are having a small wedding with about 15 people so that should be good and if anyone wants something else, my kitchen is always open to grab a snack ect.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards