Not Engaged Yet

Whateva Wednesday

Good morning! 

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY @BUDDYSMOM80! I LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN 2 DAYS! MOUTH KISSES GALORE! 

GOOD LUCK TO @GOLDENPENGUIN ON HER FIRST DAY AT THE NEW J-O-B! 

Last night, I left work on time (only a 10.5 hour workday, woo hoo!), made dinner (the Blue Apron catfish which was delicious), and cooked my lunch for the rest of the week. H went out to skate and I caught up on my DVR. 

Tonight I have to head straight home to the pup because H has to go to VW to pick up his car (something was wrong with it and now it's fixed and I don't think we're being charged at all so yay for that). I'm either making one of the other 2 Blue Apron meals for this week or H and I are going out to dinner. Big Brother is on at 8 so I'll watch that while texting with @buddysmom80, @hummingbird125, and @goldenpenguin

What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis?
If I gave you $100 right now and you had to spend it on something fun (no bills, no savings, none of that nonsense), what would you buy?
Where are you going/what are you doing on your next trip/vacation?

Re: Whateva Wednesday

• Noooooo!!!!  I knew you'd beat me!!!  I'll come over here.  :)
  • edited July 2015
    It's Wednesday.  I think this is my least favorite day of the week.  More than Monday even.

Bella woke me up at 4 AM with a rumbly tummy.  She had an IBS flare this week because of the stress of the fireworks and I started her on her meds, but I must have forgot a dose.  So we get up and go in the kitchen, I put her pill on a spoon with a dab of PB, and we go back to bed.  Her tummy is still rumbly.  I give her snuggles and we go back to sleep.  Fast forward a couple hours, it's 6 AM and I'm making my breakfast shake and I see her pill in the spoon.  She must have spit it out and back in the spoon, and because it was dark I didn't see it.  UGH.  So I gave it to her in some turkey and make SURE she swallowed the dang thing.  Poor Bug!!

Also, I'm walking through the halls at work and I hear some guy talking to another... the only thing I got out of it was "...and he doesn't have the NUTSACKS to make a DECISION about ANYTHING...".  It's 6:49 AM dude.  Too early to talk about nutsacks.

ETA:  Questions!!

What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis?  My engagement/wedding ring and my FitBit or a watch (LINK - it's beautiful, I love it!)

If I gave you $100 right now and you had to spend it on something fun (no bills, no savings, none of that nonsense), what would you buy?  Some art from Minted!!  I've got my eye on a few prints.

Where are you going/what are you doing on your next trip/vacation?  We are going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta!  Just a quick weekend away.  Hopefully next year we'll make our NW Pacific/Canada trip for our 5-year anniversary... that's our next big trip.

• What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis?
    My wedding ring, engagement ring, and first anniversary ring. I wear earrings and a necklace 95% of the time. Oh, and I never take my nose ring out. 

If I gave you $100 right now and you had to spend it on something fun (no bills, no savings, none of that nonsense), what would you buy?
    Yes, they're Birks which normally I would sideeye. But I think they're cute and from what I've read they're SO comfortable! I've been eyeballing them for a while and normally I would just buy them but H and I are trying to make a real effort to stop hemorrhaging money so I haven't gotten them. Sigh. I miss not being an adult SO MUCH sometimes. 

This weekend I'm going to @buddysmom80's house to celebrate our birthdays with @hummingbird125, @goldenpenguin, @csousa1, and her sister! I can't wait for a weekend with my girls! 

• @buddysmom80 - Happy birthday!!! I hope you have the best day evahhhh!!

@GoldenPenguin - Happy first-day-at-your-new-job!!

@southernpeach89 - Thanks for the Bella love.  She will be fine, we've done this a few times.  :)  You look so good!!
  • I can't handle stupid questions first thing in the morning.  I woke up to three emails from people at work and it took what little strength I had to not reply with something sarcastic or rude.

Happy birthday @buddysmom80!! image

Good luck on your first day @goldenpenguin!!

@swazzle I love catfish. How did you prepare it?

@cocobellaf little dogs are always stubborn with pills.  My mom's dog always spits out pills.  The vet told her to hold his mouth and stroke his neck until he swallows.  Little bugger will still try to spit it out.

What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? - the ring from my mom, my diamond necklace from my bf, white gold swirl earrings from my bf's parents, and my watch.

If I gave you $100 right now and you had to spend it on something fun (no bills, no savings, none of that nonsense), what would you buy? - Shoes and clothes

Where are you going/what are you doing on your next trip/vacation? - We haven't made any official plans yet, but we'd like to go to Mexico or the Caribbean once the house is 100% complete. We just want to veg out on the beach and do absolutely nothing for a week. 
  • @Swazzle Sounds like a solid night. My mom has those shoes and loves them!

@CocoBellaF I hope Bella feels better. Nothing worse then a pup with tummy troubles!

@SouthernPeach89 You are so cute with your baby/acorn squash bump! 

@Buddysmom80 Happy Birthday!!!

@Goldenpenguin GL on Your first day!

Last night BF got out of work at a good time, so we played in the backyard with Tess for a while. She absolutely loves the water, so we got her a sprinkler toy. It didn't really work how we wanted it to, so we unhooked it and filled up her pool. She was a happy, wet pup. We then came in, BF cooked us WW Mac and cheese and we watched AGT. 

Tonight one of the ladies I work with has invited us all over to her house for drinks after work, so I am going to run home, let Tess out and feed her, then head over for drinks with the ladeis! I can't wait to relax and hang with them for a little and get out some vents about work. Should be fun!
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 You look adorable.  And ugh, they did the same thing with our carpet.  Told us they would call within a day of measuring and didn't call for a week.  Hopefully they don't make you wait that long. 
  • I forgot the questions!

What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? 
    A Claddagh ring and my FitBit. I'm not huge on jewelry.

I'm not sure. Probably clothes from somewhere I normally wouldn't spend the money.

We're going to Texas for my cousin's wedding the 1st of October. We'll be there until the 6th. We will be in Austin/San Antonio/New Braunfels. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @speakeasy14 I sure hope not! I would be soooo irritated! 
  • What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? MY wedding ring and e ring, my Tiffany heart earrings and ring, and the Tiffany Infinity necklace H got me.

If I gave you $100 right now and you had to spend it on something fun (no bills, no savings, none of that nonsense), what would you buy? Something for the baby probably, like nursery decor, or furniture.  Or a new hair straightner, I really need a new one.

Where are you going/what are you doing on your next trip/vacation? I really want to plan a 2-3 mini get away in September.  Something local.  I really really want to go to Boston since I've never been that way before.  I'd also be content to go to cape may, going to DC to visit SIL, or even Niagra Falls.  We will see.

Happy birthday @buddysmom80 !

I had a really good night of sleep last night, it was nice.  I had some weird dreams though.  I did wake up with a migraine and it sucks because nothing has helped yet.  I hope the tylenol kicks in soon.  I'm just hoping today goes by fast.  I want to be home getting kitty snuggles.  My kitties keep snuggling with me lately, it's really sweet.    One loves laying his head and paws across my stomach and just purrs.  I don't think they know but it's adorable anyway.

Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF - I love that watch!

@southernpeach89 - Omg you are the cutest EVER! Look at that acorn squash! 

@speakeasy14 - When I started reading your post about stupid questions, I thought you meant the ones in my OP and I was like "WELL THEN." LOL I just followed the directions from Blue Apron. I dipped it in cornmeal, then dijon, then cornmeal and then pan-fried it. I'm not good at pan-frying things. It's not something I've really ever done before because I don't usually cook with oil like that so my last 2 dishes haven't been very successful with keeping the breading part on. It was still yummy! 

• @Swazzle - Tips for pan-frying:  make sure the meat is dry before you dip it (pat it with paper towels) and make sure the oil is HOT before you stick it in there (I get my hands wet and shake the water on the oil to see if it pops and sizzles).  :)
  • @cu97tiger Oh definitely! MIL wants us to come to SC on Labor Day weekend I think but that may  change depending on how I'm feeling around that point.
  • Good luck @GoldenPenguin!
    Happy Birthday @buddysmom80!

Whateva Wednesday is the perfect name for today. I went to sleep super early last night because I was exhausted from staying up late on Monday to watch Gone Girl with H. Creepy fucking movie btw. I never read the book. I still couldn't get up when my alarm went off this morning because I'm soo lazy! I really need to get up on time, I'm always late. 

I have lots to do at work today because someone one my team hasn't been in the past 2 days so I'm doing her work- I tried to delegate to 2 other people on my team but they had stuff to do so I guess I'm stuck doing it. I really don't like being a supervisor sometimes. 

Today after work I want to stop at the library so I can get back in to reading again! I wrote down all the book recs from yesterday's thread an my local library has none of them and I hate buying books because I never get rid of them and they take up space. I really need to work on some more TY notes as well. Now I'm doing the ones I wanted H to write too because it's seriously just less of a headache for me to do it myself. I made him address the envelopes the other day and that was enough of a hassle. I'm still waiting on the stamps I ordered to arrive too- that's right I'm too lazy to go to the post office to buy stamps. My goal is to have all TY cards in the mail by Monday since it will be a month after the wedding.

Questions:
    What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? I don't have anything I wear every single day. When I go to work or out out I wear my e-ring and/or wedding band but I don't even necessarily wear those every day if I'm not going to work.

I'm boring so I'd want to put it in the savings but since I can't do that I'd buy some clothes.
    I have NOTHING planned right now, nothing to look forward to! :(

• @swazzle I kind of want Birks too..my friend has a pair and they look cute on her and she said they're super comfy

@southernpeach89 you look so cute! The heat probably doesn't help with making you comfortable though!

• @minskat30 I want to know what your dad wanted to celebrate with you! Sounds like you're thinking about him a lot lately with all the dreams. Not sure what your beliefs are about this kind of stuff but I'd take that as a sign that he's close by :)   (Hugs) 

• @lavenderfields13 - Being a supervisor sucks sometimes.  Let us know if you pick up anything good at the library!  

@cu97tiger and @TwoDimes - Your vacations sound amazing!  I'm jealous.  
  • @lavenderfields13 - Thank you.  I do believe he is close by lately.  I want to know what we were celebrating too...I was sad when I woke up.  I actually wore an outfit this morning that was a favorite of his to feel closer to him and cheer myself up.  I remember him commenting on it like it was yesterday even though it was years ago (its just a simple navy slacks and navy shirt but he was remarking on how fit and beautiful I looked and how proud he was of me).  
  • @lavenderfields13 - Gone Girl is super creepy. I think the one scene (you know the one) in the movie was worse than in the book. 

@minskat30 - I usually get to work at 6:40am and then I alternate early (leave at 4pm) and late (leave at 5pm) days with a coworker. So, 9.5-10.5 hours for the most part. It's my late week so I'll be here until 5 everyday. The only good thing is that I became salary non-exempt a couple months ago so I finally get paid extra for working over 40 hours a week. Now if only they could backdate that to 7 years ago, I could buy another house :) Big hugs. Those dreams must be so bittersweet. 

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @minskat30 All the hugs!!! <3

@Swazzle What 2 BA meals are you trying to decide between?

@southernpeach89 You are SO ADORABLE! I'm obsessed with your baby bump!

@CocoBellaF I hope Bella feels better soon!

@buddysmom80 Happy Birthday!!

@GoldenPenguin Good luck today! You are going to be amazing!!!!

Questions:
    What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? Just my wedding ring and e-ring. Sometimes I remember to wear a necklace and earrings with my work outfit, but I don't wear anything on a regular basis.
    This dress from WHBM. I really want it for a wedding I'm attending at the end of the month.

This weekend we're going to Athens, GA to visit Terrapin Brewery with some friends. I can't wait! And then in another few weeks we're heading north to NY for a wedding, to visit Toronto, and the Finger Lakes AND to see @Swazzle and the rest of my NEY favorites!!!!!!

Not a whole lot exciting here today. I really need to go grocery shopping and do some laundry. I'm WFH the rest of the week because both of my managers aren't in the office so I see no point in going in either. Tonight I plan on going to @southernpeach89's house to paint the rest of the beadboard!

• Ahh wednesdays .... I'm actually not a fan.

Last night we had to stop at my mum's place. I kinda work for Younique now {if anyone is interested, PM me :) the makeup and skin care are really good!} so I had to pick up my order at her place. She was excited, I ordered the mascara for her.
    Matt had to open jars of home made pickles - yummmmm!!!

After we headed home, grabbed food {nutella on bread for me!} and headed to his parents place. Didn't plan on it, but ended up having dinner there. We were there to talk wedding stuff.
    {24 daysssss!!!!!!}

Headed home after, and I pretty much went right to bed.

This morning was rough. I've been having some wicked intense dreams that feel like they're actually happening. I think it's my medication, but I'm not sure. I keep forgetting to talk to dr when I'm there ...

Next thursday I booked myself a half day. Original plan was to get my hair done {roots and trim} but the appt isn't until evening .... soooo I am cleaning the floor of our spare room with my granny's green machine.
    Meaning, starting tonight I am clearing a bunch of stuff out of that room.

And watching Sense8 on Netflix .... is anyone watching that??

What jewelry do you wear on a daily basis? engagement ring {pending it's not humid as hell, fingers swell and it gets uncomfortable} and cartilage hoop
    If I gave you $100 right now and you had to spend it on something fun (no bills, no savings, none of that nonsense), what would you buy? Probably clothes. I need to replace my shorts this year and my dress pant capri's
    Where are you going/what are you doing on your next trip/vacation? Punta Cana in February 2016!!! {honeymoon!}
    Unless you count the little trip we're going on in November for a company event. No work, just fun. We don't see each other since we're pretty spread out through Ontario, so this should be fun. Names to faces :)
  • @Labro - I love love love that dress! We have Ras El Hanout Chicken Pitas with Cherry Tomato & Cucumber Tabbouleh and Seared Pork Chops with Roasted Sweet Potato Salad. I'm nervous for the pork chops because I'm not a fan of pork chops but H loves them so I decided to keep them in our order for this week. I'm leaning towards making them tonight to get it out of the way. 

• labrolabro member
    @Swazzle I get that. Pork can be so iffy depending on how you prepare it. Give it a chance tonight and maybe you'll love it!!

• @lavenderfields13 Some days the heat is tolerable but other days it's so uncomfortable that I despise going outside. I start sweating immediately. I've been wearing flowy dresses and skirts this whole season.
  • @labro I saw that dress when I was in the store yesterday and thought it was really pretty!

I went to the mall yesterday since I got an email from LOFT that they were having a huge sale. I've never bought anything from there but other people say they shop there when they have the big sales and I'm trying to dress more like a grown up so I figured I'd check it out. There was not much in the store that was actually on sale- mostly just tshirts so that was a huge waste of time. Not sure how much I'll be spending on my Stich Fix stuff that arrives next week so when I know I have some money I'm going to shop LOFT online. I like buying things in person but there's way more on sale online!

• labrolabro member
    @lavenderfields13 I've been drooling over this dress for so long! I'm hoping it goes on sale soon so I can buy it. I don't really wanna pay $170 for a new dress right now....not when I need to get my hair cut and highlighted this month too. I've been so disappointed in Loft lately. Their sales cover only the blah stuff and honestly, all their new stuff doesn't seem very inspired. It's all washed out colors and baggy fits and I'm just eh on all of it. I tried on a pair of grey skinny cropped jeans recently that I really liked though until I saw the price tag. Oh well...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards