Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridesmaid duty

Re: Bridesmaid duty

• Options
    Yeah, it definitely makes no sense on where exactly the money is going. After this event happens, make sure to update us, please! And let us know how it goes with the MOH.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am beyond pissed now...
  • Options
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    What Banana said.  Tell her that you were under the impression that $45 was the agreed amount and that is what you will be contributing, nothing more.

• Options

$105.00 per person for a wedding shower!?!?1  And that doesn't include beverages or even all of the food.  Is the MOH serving caviar off of Ryan Reynolds abs? That's ludicrous, IMO!

Oh and I agree with the PP, just wanted to express my outrage over the price per plate for a freaking shower.
    It's insane! Especially considering the food is just deli sandwiches.
  • Options
    $105.00 per person for a wedding shower!?!?1  And that doesn't include beverages or even all of the food.  Is the MOH serving caviar off of Ryan Reynolds abs? That's ludicrous, IMO!

Oh and I agree with the PP, just wanted to express my outrage over the price per plate for a freaking shower.
    Be prepared to stand your ground with her.   

And FWIW, she may not realize that she's coming across as a colossal bitch.  She may have thought "This is what you do."   
  • Options
    banana468 said:

And FWIW, she may not realize that she's coming across as a colossal bitch.  She may have thought "This is what you do."   

I'm soooo bad at this. I've always been the one to agree to not cause issues. It's just not right the way she's doing it.
  • Options
    WTF
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I'm soooo bad at this. I've always been the one to agree to not cause issues. It's just not right the way she's doing it.
    I am generally the same way.   I hate to rock the boat but remember, saying no and standing up for yourself is NOT the same as turning it into a major issue.    If she escalates it, it's on her.
  • Options

My wedding didnt cost that much per person and we had top shelf open bar for 6 hours and tons of awesome food. Regrettably, none of it was served off Ryan Reynold's abs.

I would somehow come up with millions of that was the case!
  • Options

My wedding didnt cost that much per person and we had top shelf open bar for 6 hours and tons of awesome food. Regrettably, none of it was served off Ryan Reynold's abs.

I would somehow come up with millions of that was the case!
    Save it for the bachelorette, you'll get more one on one time that way. ;)
    So smart! ;) thanks for the laughs.. I needed them after receiving that email.
  • Options
    Then you need to have a redo. ;-)
  • Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    OK, damnit, how do I blow up this picture so I can actually read it and be pissed off with the rest of you?
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    LD1970 said:

OK, damnit, how do I blow up this picture so I can actually read it and be pissed off with the rest of you?

Click on it :)
  • Options
    LD1970 said:
    Just click on it, it'll open in another tab or window.
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    Call her bluff.

"I am sorry if there was miscommunication but what I said I can contribute is what I will be contributing. I wish you asked for my budget because I certainly would not have agreed to that amount as it's out of my budget."

I'd ignore the part about sending money when you have it.  Simply state what you WILL do. 
    This.

Ignore the part about sending her a check later, and if she or anyone else brings it up later just say very politely, "I am sorry that there was miscommunication but what I said I could contribute was the total amount that i could contribute, period, and that's the amount I have already paid.  I was not consulted on my budget prior to contracting the caterer or buying anything for the shower, and if I had been consulted, I would have told you guys that I could not afford the shower as was being planned."

Then bean dip, walk away, etc.  The MOH can't send you to collections for her fuck up ;-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    LD1970LD1970 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    LD1970 said:
    Oh, good grief.  THANK YOU.  I kept right-clicking and choosing that option, and it opened teeny tiny.  Pathetic I hadn't figured this out by now.
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. ~Mae West
  • Options
    LD1970 said:
    LD1970 said:
    Oh, good grief.  THANK YOU.  I kept right-clicking and choosing that option, and it opened teeny tiny.  Pathetic I hadn't figured this out by now.
    You're welcome. It took me a couple of tries to figure it out on this site.
  • Options
    Ugh, I was afraid she'd have that reaction.  Pay her what you agreed to, and she can wait forever for the"remainder."  

Also, just because I'm curious, are there other drinks? It sounds like everyone is bringing wine. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards