Not Engaged Yet

Whateva Wednesday

Hello! Halfway through the work-week! 

I ended up not cooking last night. I got home early and H said he wanted to go out for Mexican and I am not one to EVER say no to Mexican. We shared pastelitos as usual and I got the beef fajitas which I have for lunch today :) We ran some errands after dinner then headed home. 

I packed up all of the travel stuff we bought the other day and started a pile of clothes that I want to bring to SA. I bought a bunch of tops at Target on Sunday plus the stuff I ordered from ThredUp a couple weeks ago, a jacket and shoes from Charlotte Russe from last week, and I have pants coming from H&M AND my StitchFix this week. I have been on a shopping FRENZY. In a little bit, I'll post a couple pics of my favorite things. Target was having a big sale on women's clothes FYI. 

Tonight, I'll get home early again. I'm determined to organize clothes and open up some boxes that I still haven't gotten to even after living in my house for 7 months. I'll probably make one of the BA meals for dinner and then watch BB at 8. I officially have less than 1 week of work to get through before my trip! It's ALL I can think about. 

Re: Whateva Wednesday

• @Swazzle Eeek less than a week! I'm so jealous! I want to go lol.

I ended up getting some vacuuming done last night but still not everything I intended. UGH why am I being so unproductive?!? I think I wore myself out too much last weekend.

I'm getting lunch with @labro and my mom this afternoon and then I need to run to Walmart to pick up my photos that I got developed yesterday. My meeting ran through my lunchtime yesterday so I had to push that to today.

I need to sit down and write my thank you notes from @labro's shower. I've been slacking on those too and then clean the kitchen like there is no tomorrow because it's DIRTY!

Besides all that I'm taking off Thursday and Friday again this week so I'll focus on cleaning the cars for Baby Callie and installing her car seat and getting that checked and then we leave for SC this Friday night for my MIL's shower. Should be a good time but I'll be absolutely exhausted by Sunday.
  • @southernpeach89 - Coconut Callie! When does your maternity leave begin?

• Waiting for vacation to begin is the worst!

I have a lot to catch up on at work since I was out Monday but I wanted to stop by here first before it got too crazy to keep up with.
    Last night H and I went to go look at that apt. I was hoping it would be perfect and we would say yes right away. I'm glad H was with me because if he wasn't I wouldn't know what to do. It has almost the same layout as our current apt but it smaller. All our furniture won't fit in the bedroom. We'd have to move a lot of stuff around and everything is more cramped which sucks. We made a list of pros and cons when we got home and there were more pros than cons. I called the realtor to say we wanted it but her mailbox was full so I couldn't leave a message. I emailed her and now have to wait for her to get back to me which could take FOREVER. There was a guy that came to look at the place right after us so I'm so scared he swooped in and took it! The price can't be beat so it's going to suck if we don't get it. :(

• @southernpeach89 I still have to get my last batch of wedding thank you cards out! Only like four more to write. I'm awful.

• @lavenderfields13 - Fingers crossed you guys get the apartment! It sucks that it's smaller but other than that it sounds great. Just remember that it's not permanent! 

• @Swazzle - Definitely AW some of your finds!!  I went to the LOFT Outlet over the weekend because I got a birthday coupon, but everything was in-between seasons and I only ended up with a black short-sleeve shirt, a scarf, and a headband.  Boo!!

@southernpeach89 - I feel ya.  I meant to be really productive last night, but I wasn't AT ALL.  I came home from work, snuggled Baxter and fell asleep.  H walked in the door at 5:30 and woke me up.  I threw dinner in the oven and did a 30 minute work out, ate, and then H took care of all the dishes while I took a bath.  Then I read a little bit and fell asleep (again).  Woke up around 8:30, brushed my teeth, and officially went to bed.  Nothing productive happened at all.  

@untouchablets - Our dogs have had fleas twice.  The first time, I didn't know what was going on because I've never had fleas before.  The second time, I saw ONE and I started treating and it wasn't a big deal at all.  Make sure that you stomp around the house before you vacuum.  The vet said that the stomping creates vibrations that wake up the fleas and cause them to start moving out of corners so you can vacuum those babies up.  And wash all your linens and whatever your animals lounge on in HOT water.  You'll get them!

Today it is cool and rainy.  I am wearing a scarf that I got over the weekend.  I drank a butt-ton of hot coffee this morning.  I'm giving a presentation this morning, so I've been prepping for that.  Just popping in to say hello and good morning!

We are having meatballs in a homemade chunky tomato sauce tonight for dinner.  I am going to eat all the meatballs.  ALL OF THEM.  I can't wait.

• image That sums up my mood for today.

Before I left work I went to clean up all the leftover Panera, and the salad dressing exploded all over me.  Then on my way home, my car overheated.  We discovered a small leak, so my bf is taking it to a mechanic today.  Hopefully it isn't something crazy expensive that needs to be fixed. Since he is doing that for me he told me to just take his car.  Well, he smokes in his car and it is absolutely disgusting.  I feel like I smell like an ashtray now. 

@swazzle if you still need clothes, kohls is having their huge clearance and its an extra 20% lowest marked clearance price. Also, I'm coming with you to SA. I'm sure I could wedge myself into a suitcase. 

@southernpeach89 you're allowed to not be productive.  Don't push yourself too much anyway.  Back pain and crazy swollen feet does not sound like fun.

@lavenderfields13 good luck! It sucks that it is smaller, but I'm sure you can make it work. 

• @swazzle so close to your trip! Yay!!

@southernpeach89 you are the most productive preggers person I've ever seen! You rock!!

@lavenderfields13 good luck with the apartment! How many sq ft is it and how many is your current place?

@untouchablets ugh 530am is just an ungodly hour. And fleas suck. Fingers crossed you can contain the infestation before it spreads too much. My sister had bed bugs when she lived in Manhattan, it was such a PITA to deal with. Sending vibes your way!

@jenna8984 I love your spreadsheet. You should see my wedding one, so many tabs and colors and even some formulas. And yeah, those people suck. Though they are prob just trying to be helpful and we are being cranky about it hahaha

That's all I have time for now! I need to reply to some posts from Monday and post my own updates. Eek!! I'm so out of touch.
  • @jenna8984 I made a spreadsheet with over 100 resorts when I was looking for places in the Caribbean for our HM. Every time someone suggested a place I was like um that's a no, I have a spreadsheet with a list of reasons why lol.

Yeah I think if I don't hear back about the apt by midday I will try calling again. 

• @jenjen047 Our current apt is 949 sq ft and the other one is 800

• @untouchablets - When are you going to Boston? 

@jenna8984 - I saw your post and that guy talking shit on VW made me twitchy. What cars have you narrowed it down to?

@CocoBellaF - I've gotten a lot of new cardigans to replace older ones that I'll probably donate now. I feel like I'm going to have a "uniform" with all of my new clothes: booties, skinny pants (or "treggings" which are apparently a thing?), a tank/cami, and a cardigan. Whatevs, I'll be comfy at least! 

@speakeasy14 - I think H will take away all access to our monies if I buy any more clothes! I hope your car is a quick/easy/cheap fix! 

• @swazzle what are treggings?

• @lavenderfields13 - Apparently they are "trouser leggings". I don't even know. I ordered these from H&M in grey, khaki green, and the ones in the picture - "Treggings in superstretch twill. Mock pockets at front, regular pockets at back, and an elasticized waistband" - 

And also these from H&M (which I found on someone's blog and she said they're like sweatpants, so sign me up) - "5-pocket treggings in washed, denim-look fabric." -

• @swazzle I have a few treggings from H&M. They don't have a fly or anything so I plan to keep them for pregnancy lol 

@jenna8984 Good work researching! I hated it but it's worth it to get what you want in the end.

@lavenderfields13 I hope you get the apartment!

@speakeasy14 My H smokes and I buy ozium car odor eliminators. It is a neutral scent. I think hotels use the spray version of ozium, so it's strong stuff.

Yesterday I was able to get my license plates put on my car by the dealer, which was great. I did not receive my scheduled delivery for BA (coming today by 8- they promise) so I ate Macdonalds. Horrible I know. I then went to Pinkberry. I love how tart their yogurt is. Today I may take a drive and/or continue prepping for the beginning of the school year. 
  • @TwoDimes - LOVE the chestnut praline latte!!  Totally forgot about it.
  • @swazzle - I love the time before a vacation when you are all excited to go...nervous energy!  How long is your flight? 

@lavenderfields13 - Fingers crossed about the apartment!

@untouchablets - Have SUCH a great time in Boston!  Love that city.

@jeanna8984 - I'm the same way with organization!  Lists and spreadsheets make everything easier.

@speakeasy14 - Ugh.  That all sucks...hugs.

@cocobellaf - Good luck with the presentation!

• @500days thanks I'll have to get some! 

• O/T:  My neighbor's mother passed away after fighting a brain tumor for months.  The mother was Jewish, so they are holding shiva this week.  My neighbor is an only child and grandchild, so she's taking care of everything.  The kids went back to school today and the funeral is tomorrow.  I told her I planned on providing their dinner tonight unless she told me otherwise.  I just got a response of "I'm overwhelmed and want to go to bed but have to do everything today."  

When my mom's dad passed away, she said that someone provided a sandwich platter and that it was wonderful because nothing had to be heated up and they could just eat as they thought about it.  But I feel like I should provide a hot meal, especially since they've got young kids that need to eat good meals.

Any ideas?  I get off work at 3:30 so I have a little bit of time to run to the store and whip something up.  I'm doing spaghetti and meatballs for our dinner tonight, so I thought about doubling it and taking some over?  Kids like spaghetti.  I also volunteered to run any errands she needs after work and I'll probably stay to help her clean her house for shiva.

I'm not Jewish, so anyone here that has more experience with Jewish mourning want to pop in and give any advice?  My neighbor isn't Jewish but she is honoring her mother with a Jewish funeral and mourning time.
  • minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @500days - McDonalds!  Akk.  I hope your delivery arrives today.

@TwoDimes - I hear you, I wish it was Friday as well.

@Peaseblossom55 - I love those onsies.

-----------------------------------------
    Today is so busy guys.  We have a team event (optional) for $50 today but most of the money is for the food/drinks they bring and I can't eat any of the food they bring (unless I want to eat a hot dog without a bun...yeah, don't really like doing that in front of co-workers) or drink any of the drinks (beer and wine coolers...all with gluten).  I opted out not because of that so much as I have a ton of stuff to do that keeps getting interrupted here at work.  Thought I would have a nice quiet afternoon but I still look swamped.  Ugh.

Tonight I have spin class again and I have to make more beans and quinoa (we ran out already since Sunday....going to have to meal plan better).  I think I'm eating more since I'm working out so much lately.  
  • @swazzle so soon! how exciting :) and those pants look comfy

@untouchablets poor furbabies!! hopefully it stays at the just one!

@cocobellaf good luck on presentation !

Last night Matt picked me up and we drove to iKea. Measured boxes and the biggest - which doesn't fit in our car but just enough it'd be awkward - and it's 6'9"! Guh.

Went home, I heated up dinner and Matt called his parents. We're getting the frame tonight! We thought we'd use the explorer but looks like we'll be using the outlook. At least I don't have to worry about delivery fees from iKea!

Matt's gonna go with his brother tonight while I throw laundry in and do up some dishes.

This week has been so go-go-go that I'm exhausted. We're not putting frame together until this weekend. I think we're doing a beach day with friends also ... not sure.
  • @Swazzle they just look like jeggings to me?? I give up on pants from H&M- I feel like they run super small and it just makes me feel bad every time I try on pants there. 
    My cat loves to jump in the drawers too and just hang out there. Cats are so weird.

@peaseblossom people keep telling me that this winter is going to be just as bad as last and I'm like

no animated GIF

So I hope you did jinx it!!

• @southernpeach89 I know I need that one in particular.  I think I also need the "On Wednesdays we wear pink."

Anniversary

• @lavenderfields13 We heard the same and with a baby due in winter it will be nice to have something faster to clear the snow.  We have a long drive and a corner property with lots of side walk. 

Anniversary

• @southernpeach89 - September 22!  Right around the corner, lady!

@cocobellaf - I'm not Jewish but I think a sandwich platter (assuming no one has a food allergy that you know of) would be really nice to receive. I think with kids its just easier than having to deal with "I'm not hungry yet, mom, wait to heat mine up", "What is this green thing in here, mom", etc. because kids can just pick off the sandwich what they don't want and grab and go whenever.  Just my two cents.  When you are that stressed and sad, you really don't want to eat at all (at least I don't) and having a platter right in front of you with zero effort needed often means you'll eat at least something.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards