Not Engaged Yet
Options

Whateva Wednesday

Re: Whateva Wednesday

• Options
    @cocobellaF I know nothing about Jewish practices so can't help there. I think the spagehtti and meatballs sounds good since it's super easy to heat up. Sandwiches can't hurt either. You're an awesome neighbor!

• Options
    @cocobellaF Do they keep Kosher? If they do that may need to be addressed.  I also have some Jewish friends who don't eat pork.

Anniversary

• Options
    I don't think they keep Kosher.  The family is not Jewish, just the mother.  But, my neighbor has been posting stuff about Jewish funerals on her FB since her mom died.  So I'm not really sure.
  • Options
    @minskat30 - Basically FOREVER. Aka: 15 hours to Joberg then a 3 hour layover and another 2 hours to Cape Town. 

@CocoBellaF - When my Poppop passed away a few years ago, we lived on hoagie trays given to us by friends of the family. They were easy because like you said, there's no cooking involved, but also we could all just grab a piece and eat when we were hungry rather than waiting for everyone to be ready for food since everyone was doing different things and we were on different schedules. 

@lavenderfields - I'll report back when they arrive! I ordered a size up because I figured they'd run small. 

@futuremrshistorian - Congrats, auntie!

• Options
    OK, I think the sandwich platter is the way to go after some of the comments.  I can always do a hot meal later on in the week or next week.  Thanks y'all!
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - If you have USAA, you can go through them and get it fixed for free.  That happened to me a couple years ago.  I did it all online, too.
  • Options
    @twodimes I don't know yet, my guess is yes because it was very popular last year! I'll let you know when I know for sure! I miss it too lol
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian Congrats to you and your sister!!
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian yay congrats on getting to be an aunt again!

Anniversary

• Options
    @Futuremrshistorian Do you not have car insurance? Mine will replace my windshield for free I think? 

• Options
    @swazzle - I feel you, I hate long flights lady.  India is usually a 24+ hour endeavor.  I think this time it will be 1.5-2 hours travel (depending on traffic) to Chicago from here, wait at the airport for 2 hours for flight, 8 hours to Amsterdam, 6 hour layover (hoping to get a nap in at the airport and a shower but we will see), 8-9 hours to Delhi (arriving at midnight/1 am), 1-1.5 hour drive (again depending on traffic) to H's city and then everyone is up wanting to welcome you...which is nice but at 2-3 am you just are very disoriented.  How long are you gone for again?    
  • Options
    @Swazzle I LOVE all your new outfits! I'm so excited for your trip next week!!!

@futuremurshistorian Congrats on being an aunt (again)! Best feeling in the world!

@CocoBellaF Many times even if they aren't practicing, many people of Jewish heritage will still keep kosher or close to it (that's my experience at work anyway, I work with a ton of Israelis). Just avoid the major no no's like pork in whatever you bring them and you'll probably be ok. No matter what the thought and your sympathy will be appreciated.

@jenna8984 Just don't forget fb is a public forum, so pretty much sharing anything opens yourself up to everyone else's opinions too. I'm sure they all come from a good place.

@minskat30 Why no wine coolers? I thought wine was gluten free naturally? You should totally bring your own private bottle or something. ;)

@southernpeach89 Don't rush to buy any of those onesies just yet. There's a couple surprises coming for you in the  mail already. ;) PS You are totally productive and awesome! And I think it's time your H helped with some of the vacuuming, you need to be resting and taking it easy for baby Callie!

My day is pretty much summed up in @southernpeach89's post. But anyway, I know sharing links is kind of a no no on TK....but seriously, I think someone on CC needs some extra love and support right now. It's devastating.

• Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

@cocobellaf That is very sweet of you, I think they will greatly appreciate anything- I know I would.

@swazzle cute new clothes!! I'm leaning towards the Subaru Forester. It's definitely not the sexiest of vehicles but it checks off the priorities that I'm looking for. Doesn't hurt that my brother sells them so he'll hook me up a little too. And also, you had a pop-pop?! I have a poppop! He's Swedish.

@lavenderfields13 I was going to say they look like Jeggings as well, I don't see the difference.

@peaseblossom55 Those onsies are everything. You must get some!

@misskittydanger Where are you going to the beach? For some reason I thought you were in like central Canada?

I'm glad to see that others are nutty about spreadsheets as well :)

• Options
    minskat30 said:
    @swazzle - I feel you, I hate long flights lady.  India is usually a 24+ hour endeavor.  I think this time it will be 1.5-2 hours travel (depending on traffic) to Chicago from here, wait at the airport for 2 hours for flight, 8 hours to Amsterdam, 6 hour layover (hoping to get a nap in at the airport and a shower but we will see), 8-9 hours to Delhi (arriving at midnight/1 am), 1-1.5 hour drive (again depending on traffic) to H's city and then everyone is up wanting to welcome you...which is nice but at 2-3 am you just are very disoriented.  How long are you gone for again?    
    NO THANK YOU. 

Our flight from NYC is at 11am, we arrive in Joberg at 2:30 am and then layover and we leave there at 6:00am, arrive in Cape Town at 8am -- all NYC times. I'm planning on reading/watching TV until they serve dinner and then take something so I sleep the rest of the flight. Fingers crossed that plan works. I barely slept on the flight at all the last time we went. I was too excited and I have a hard time sleeping on planes. We're gone for 10 days (leave Thursday, get home the following Saturday). We planned it so we get home the weekend of Labor Day so we'll have a couple days to try and overcome the jetlag before having to go back to work. 

• Options
    @labro yea definitely. I didn't tell anyone that I didn't like theirs, I just ignored the posts and liked the ones that pertained to the vehicles I was talking about. But it would be weird for me to be like oh hey @southernpeach89 I know you chose a name but I really like the baby name Lucinda- you should consider that! lol

• Options
    @labro - Wine coolers are usually made from malt extracted from barley = no go for Celiac.  I thought about bringing my own wine but the event is pretty big so if I just have a glass and leave it out (no where else to put it really), I'll get one glass in and then the bottle will be gone anyway from others grabbing it so I don't see the point.  I just went to an event like that a few weeks ago and even though the people there know I've got celiac and that's all I could drink, they still wanted the good stuff before they drank their beer.  ;)  And typing that makes me realize I sound like a lush but if I'm bringing my own damn bottle, I want more than one glass of wine from it, ya know?  
  • Options
    @minskat30 I totally get yah! Are you bringing a purse? You should definitely stuff a few of these in it. I had them at a wedding recently and they weren't bad!

• Options
    @jenna8984 - Yep, I call my grandparents on my mom's side my Mommom and Poppop :) My mom used to have a Forester and absolutely loved it. 

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited August 2015
    @swazzle - that sounds perfect!  I hope you get sleep on the flight!!!  I think the worst leg of an India trip was the last one coming back home.  I had Delhi-belly at that point and had been up all day saying goodbye to people (our flight left at 1 am Delhi time...its a Delhi thing for flights to arrive/depart then because of fog in the city finally dissipating then) so we left for the airport around 10 pm with my stomach protesting the entire way, then wait at the airport, then 9 hours to France, layover in France for 4 hours but it was Sunday so nothing was open, flight then delayed 2 hours, finally boarded flight after layover and delay, engine issue on flight so we wait on the tarmac for 3 HOURS before we finally took off (I was in tears at that point), 8 hours to Chicago.  The girls behind us had a loud conversation for almost the entire 8 hours to Chicago.  I'm surprised our marriage lasted that trip, honestly, as H and I were both so pissy.   

@labro - LOVE that idea!  Thank you!!
  • Options
    GUYS! McDonald's isn't THAT BAD. Don't eat it every day, but seriously, there is no reason to be all ashamed because you had one meal of it. I promise, there's no pink slime/ammonia/78902987 chemicals/fake meat in there. 

I've been so bad here lately, I'm a terrible friend/TK poster. I'm sorry :( 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    @minskat30 - OMG that sounds so miserable! Long flights really suck and inconsiderate people should be thrown out the window! I'm grateful for the layout of the plane at least. H and I will be on the side aisle, where it's just the 2 seats. I foresee my legs being thrown over top of him so I can try get comfortable enough to sleep. 

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - We still love you, promise.  ;)  I shouldn't speak about McD's since I haven't had fast food in years.  I think the only fast food I miss is Taco Bell (which is probably 10x worse than McDs).

@beachyone15 - Spin is very hard, depending on what you put into it.  I'm soak through a full sized towel during the class.  Anyone who says it isn't an efficient calorie burner (aka a bunch of bloggers) or that it builds up your thigh muscles hugely is lying or not doing it right.  I was so sore for a while doing it but you definitely get used to it.  
  • Options
    @beachyone15 do you have a recipe for your blueberry banana concoction? mmm

• Options
    @labro I hate it when DH cleans...he doesn't do it right lol.
  • Options
    @jenna8984 - Ask and you shall receive! ---

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/baked-oatmeal-with-blueberries-and.html

It ended up being quite a lot of blueberries, so I'd probably use fewer next time. I also think using peaches, pumpkin, or other fruits would be good too!

• Options
    @goldenpenguin I had a fast food feast last night! No regrets. I will admit to having a mcflurry and then the pinkberry like an hour later, but it's whatever haha
  • Options
    omg @labro I just had chills reading that thread. I can't even imagine going through that.

• Options
    Thanks, @minskat30 - I love you too!! 

With my new job, I have to time-track everything so that it can be billed back to the client, so I'm actually having to do work all day! I get a few minutes here & there, but for the most part, I'm busy! I didn't realize how different agency life was going to be. I love it, but it's taking some getting used to, for sure!

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards