Chit Chat
Options

Single Friends vs. Married Friends

12346»

Re: Single Friends vs. Married Friends

• Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

PrincessofGenovia?  Tony?
    I feel more like lildropofsunshine based off of posting style. Posts a bunch of threads in a short amount of time and feels the need to respond to every single person with his/her opinion of what the poster said. Then gets annoyed when he/she doesn't make sense and people ask what they are talking about. And gives no clarifications.
    I don't recall that poster, but who knows!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

I feel more like lildropofsunshine based off of posting style. Posts a bunch of threads in a short amount of time and feels the need to respond to every single person with his/her opinion of what the poster said. Then gets annoyed when he/she doesn't make sense and people ask what they are talking about. And gives no clarifications.
    She's the one who bought 2 dress, thinks every bride is entitled to try on wedding dresses, has changed her wedding date a bajillion times, etc. I may have spelled her user name wrong.
  • Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

She's the one who bought 2 dress, thinks every bride is entitled to try on wedding dresses, has changed her wedding date a bajillion times, etc. I may have spelled her user name wrong.
    Yep, their styles are identical.  
  • Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

Yep, their styles are identical.  
    Her mom was paying for everything but her FMIL wanted her date to tie into the Chinese Calendar, oh and I also think she booked her DJ before her venue.
  • Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

Lildrop was also the person who started the privatization of marriage thread and knew a weird amount of American history, even though she was originally from Russia, moved to Israel and is now living in Canada.  I think you participated in that thread, it was mostly a train wreck because she couldn't articulate any point she was trying to make.
  • Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

Lildrop was also the person who started the privatization of marriage thread and knew a weird amount of American history, even though she was originally from Russia, moved to Israel and is now living in Canada.  I think you participated in that thread, it was mostly a train wreck because she couldn't articulate any point she was trying to make.
    That wasn't Lildrop.  That was someone like KitKat something or other.  Had the Star of David as her avatar.
    Yeah, the privatizing marriage thread was KitKat. Lildrop was all freaking out over picking a date for her wedding before she had a venue, and panicking that she only had a year to plan, right?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

That wasn't Lildrop.  That was someone like KitKat something or other.  Had the Star of David as her avatar.
    Yeah, the privatizing marriage thread was KitKat. Lildrop was all freaking out over picking a date for her wedding before she had a venue, and panicking that she only had a year to plan, right?
    Correct! KitKat supports privatizing marriage and education. She's Russian but lives in Canada now. I haven't seen KitKat in a wedding conversation nor LilDrop in a NWR post but I've only been around a few months.
  • Options
    MagicInk, is that you?

Correct! KitKat supports privatizing marriage and education. She's Russian but lives in Canada now. I haven't seen KitKat in a wedding conversation nor LilDrop in a NWR post but I've only been around a few months.
    I started thinking recently that kitkat and lildrop might have been the same person...
  • Options

Here you go:
    There are some more. 

I am not russian. I am israeli, although I was born in Russia. I do live in Canada now.

Also, I just realized that I have been incredibly rude by never thanking those who took time to respond to my wedding related question. @doeydo, @vt&dt, and @Jen4948, thank you so much for helping me out then.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kkitkat79 said:

Here you go:
    There are some more. 

I am not russian. I am israeli, although I was born in Russia. I do live in Canada now.

Also, I just realized that I have been incredibly rude by never thanking those who took time to respond to my wedding related question. @doeydo, @vt&dt, and @Jen4948, thank you so much for helping me out then.
    I was pretty close:).
  • Options
    kkitkat79 said:

Here you go:
    There are some more. 

---Quote box in case---
    Oh you're welcome, it's not a problem.
  • Options
    People naturally move in and out of social groups their whole life. I don't think there is anything wrong with your desire to want to have relationships with people who share your social status. Not very artfully presented, but the sentiment seems quite understandable. If you focus on being a great spouse and a wonderful couple, you'll attract all kinds of people to you. As you gather interesting, fun and sincere people around you and your spouse, it might not matter so much their attachment status --  you'll be the life of the party. Good luck!
  • Options
    I didn't read all of the responses because I found a lot of rudeness and didn't want to read that. 

I understand what you are saying. It's difficult for married, especially with kids, to have friends who are single. Your priorities are different, your schedule is different, and you have someone who you absolutely adore who you want to do things with socially who likely doesn't want to hang with you girlfriends.....Just like most women with children tend to gravitate towards being friends with other women or couples who have children.  
    Example: When my best college friend's girls became school age she really dumped herself into being involved in the school and getting them involved in everything she could. (Very much a look at me sort of syndrome) She didn't return my calls/emails.The visits I did have with them were spent running the kids around to different activities. Our relationship broke down. She blamed me. I took responsibility for what I could and apologized. She did not take any responsibility at all. I haven't heard from her since.  Her life and priorities are different. As a single person with different interests my priorities were different also. I traveled a lot to visit friends. I worked a lot(she is SAH mom, which is great!)   Our lives no longer had any common base except our history. 

That said, your single friends need you too. I think you recognize that. Try to stay off topics that are drama filled and if people don't take your advice, well, that's ok You shouldn't be offended. They've probably asked everyone and their sister for advice and aren't taking any from anyone! LOL!  Try to strengthen the things you have in common and try new things together that will help you bond. 

As far as married couples go, You may want to consider a woman's group at church, friends at the gym or some other hobby you may have. If you work a lot I understand how difficult it can be to make new friends. And being friends with people at work can be weird, I think.  As far as your husband's friends wives go, you need to build friendships with them b/c they are your husbands friends. Don't feel weird, just move slowly.  

I understand it's a weird transition, but I'm sure you will be able to find a comfortable ground. 
    Best of luck to you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards