Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

G'day! 

Last night I got home and immediately went food shopping and by the time I got home it was 8:00. I made my lunch for the week and watched the Eagles kick some Giants ass. I didn't go to bed until 11:45 and then the alarm went off at 5am so I am dragging today. 5 hours of sleep is insufficient! 

Tonight H and I have a Devils game and it'd be really great if they could get their 2nd win of the season and their first at home. I will likely zonk out the second we get home from there. 

There was a trailer for the new Star Wars movie during the game last night and my coworkers were talking about it today. Much to their horror, I admitted I've never seen any Star Wars movies in my life. It made me decide to start a list of popular movies that I've never seen. The Godfather comes to mind also. What about you? Any movies/TV shows/books you've never seen that other people seem to love?

Re: Tuesday

• Options

I dunno how you stayed up that late, I did not stay up to watch the Pats on Sunday. I was already feeling exhuasted from that 2am babysitting ordeal the nght before. Hope the Devils win for you tonight though!

We finally hung ourlivig room wall shelves and put up canvases and knick knacks from our travels so it's like a whole travel wall, I'm loving it.

I also have not seen a single Star Wars and don't wish to. Also- Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, 50 Shades, Avatar.

• Options
    Morning!

@swazzle - You haven't seen The Godfather!?!  Sacrilege.  I can't think of any major movie I haven't seen or major book I haven't read off hand but my mind is preoccupied at the moment (I have meetings from 8-11 this morning).  I'm sure there are tons of TV shows I haven't seen.  I haven't watched a TV show regularly in years.  Pretty Little Liars is something I know some of you talk about...haven't seen one episode.  

Yesterday I got all my stuff together for my new Indian Visa.  H is going to try to get it on my behalf in Chicago today since I am swamped at work.  The guy I talked to on the phone said it was fine but, we will see.  Fingers crossed.  I was so busy with that stuff yesterday I didn't get to work out...booo.

Today I've got meetings all morning, a scheduled lunch and my afternoon will free up a little to try to catch up on work. I'm hoping to get a workout in after work today an djust take it easy.  
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2015
    @jenna8984 - Ugh, if 50 shades is a major book/movie...shoot me now.  AW your travel wall please?
  • Options
    Morning everybody!

Today is Tuesday masquerading as a Monday, because I was sick yesterday and didn't move off the couch all day.  I don't know if I ate something bad on Sunday or what, but let's say that my stomach was very unhappy.  I'm feeling a lot better today, though, so I made it to the office early and am going to try to catch up on work before my first meeting at 10:00.

I have not seen many movies...but Star Wars is an exception. A massive exception.  We're a Star Wars-obsessed family.  My brother and his fiancée waited out the Fandango outages last night to buy 21 tickets to the midnight premiere...it comes out 2 days before their wedding, so it's part of the bachelor and bachelorette parties.  Every summer my family hosts a Star Wars marathon where we watch all 6 of the movies in a row, complete with Star Wars-themed snacks.  We used to have a cat named "Yoda Sebulba Skywalker" (which is what happens when you have 3 children who are determined to name the cat and they can't agree).  I have not, however, seen the Godfather.  And I refuse to read and/or watch Twilight.
  • Options
    @Swazzle - H and I are totally geeking out over the new Star Wars trailer.  I CAN'T WAIT.  I'm also going on too little sleep.  I want to go to bed right after dinner tonight, but that won't happen.

I've never seen Twister or the original Jurassic Park.  Do those count?

My coffee ran out WAY TOO EARLY today.  Ugh.  I don't like our work coffee, so I'm OOL.

I made my breakfast shake with cocoa and cinnamon this morning.  I like them separately, so I thought I'd like them together.  Not so much.  Too bad.

I only have one meeting today (so far).  Our house-cleaner is coming by for a quick pick-up.  Dinner is marinating in the fridge.  I have 2 piano lessons after work, and then I need to get in a work out.  I thought about doing a short run, but I don't know.  My legs feel bruised from the 5K on Saturday, burpees and PiYo on Sunday, and some crazy weights/medicine ball work out I did with H last night.

• Options
    I literally just saw the trailer this morning! It looks awesome!!

@futuremrshistorian that sounds like an AWESOME bachelor/bachelorette party!! I like the way your family thinks!

I am actually a movie nut and I LOVE fantasy and have seen most of them. My faves are Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Back to the Future. I have a small collection of LOTR/Hobbit and Harry Potter merch lol. I do enjoy the Star Wars movies, and they're the only ones BF really gets into. I guess the ones I have little interest in are the movies all the boys love, like The Goonies (I guess? I don't really know lol)

I have not one, but TWO job interviews today! I am excited, and if they both offer me the job I know which one I am going to choose already. After that, I have to go have a tough discussion with one of my friends because she has been very involved and helpful in starting my career and I have not told her about leaving Starbucks yet. I think it will go well. After THAT I have to go to hopefully my last dentist appointment until next year. I have been getting cavities filled and I'm getting a periodontal "deep clean" today. After that I should be good to just get regular cleanings. My insurance is awesome right now so I want to get it all done before it changes to something maybe not so good.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - Yes, I did!  My birthday was Sunday and it was awesome!  I think maybe my stomach problems yesterday might have been caused by the huge amount of rich food I consumed on Sunday...

@untouchablets - I spent all of yesterday watching the Harry Potter movies that I had DVRed over the weekend.  I had forgotten just how much I love them.  Good luck on your interviews!
  • Options

Well at least it's not Monday.  I am tired again today I didn't get to sleep as early as I wanted to last night.  I was reading a really good.  I still have about 100 pages to go.  I probably won't get to finish it tonight either.  I'm going out to dinner with friends for some Mexican food. I'm looking forward to it.  I'm just ready for this week to be over with and done. 

There are so many movies I haven't seen especially ones from when I was growing up.  Most modern movies I haven't seen are by choice.  Definitely have not seen The Godfather.  There are probably a ton more too that go on this list.

Anniversary

• Options
    @jenna8984 - Gotta support my boys! I want to see the travel wall too. 

@minskat30 - I put it on once but it was a day after being out late the night before and I fell asleep like 8 minutes in lol 

@futuremrshistorian - Glad you're feeling better today! 

@CocoBellaF - Yes, those count. That makes me sad :(

@speakeasy14 - YAY! I love love love hearing that! I'm never going back to real cleanser! 

@untouchablets - The Goonies is one of my favorite movies of all time! I didn't know that's a "boy movie"? Good luck at your interviews! 

@Peaseblossom55 - The book I'm reading (The Stand by Stephen King) is SOOOOOOO long and I only just got to the halfway point. My goal was 30 books this year and I'm apparently 2 behind schedule right now because this one is taking me so long! 

• Options
    @swazzle H began reading The Stand in February, granted he has picked up his kindle much in the past few months but he still isn't even half way through it.  I'm considering starting to read it but I worry it will take me forever.... is it good?

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle I don't really think it's a boy movie I just know that every boy I know loves it and more of my girlfriends haven't seen it lol. I'm sure I would like it if I watched it I just have never seen it so I have an undereducated opinion on the matter :P
  • Options
    I'm so excited for the new Star Wars movie! H and I DVRed the trailer last night, which might be excessive when it's all over Youtube, but oh well.

@untouchablets, good luck at your interviews!

Nothing much new. This is a bad cold - I feel like death slightly warmed over. Blech. That's a sign of recovery, right? Better be, I have a test tomorrow night and I need to be on top of my game.
  • Options
    Morning!

A bit of recap from weekend since I wasn't on yesterday.
    Saturday I hosted my first Steeped Tea party! Such a success! :) I'm so glad my friends/family love it!
    Afterwards Matt and I went for a quick bite for dinner.

Sunday we had to be up bright and early as I wanted to quickly hit the mall for some dress pants. I got an amazing sale so got 2 pairs!!
    Later that afternoon we bundled up to go watch a soccer game. I'm not big on sports and probably even worse when you have to sit outside in the freezing cold.

Needless to say, that I'm pretty sure I was previously fighting a cold and Sunday pushed it over the edge. I was so cold when we got home that I had to shower to get some semblance of warmth back! Monday I was home with a cold. Still sick, but yesterday I was sweaty, cold and gross.

For those who follow Canadian politics - Harper is out!! Liberals win with majority!!! Yessss!!!

If the Conservatives had anyone but Harper, I think the polls would have been different.
  • Options
    @untouchablets good luck at your interviews!

@keptinstitches feel better! Hot tea, chicken noodle soup, and a hot toddy!!

• Options
    @TwoDimes, you are dead to me.  I <3 Star Wars.

And you're right on the Twister movie.  I can't even watch the documentary they made about the May 20 here.  I probably won't.  I get nightmares and flashbacks, especially on Saturdays when they test the sirens at noon and I'm not expecting it.  UGH.
  • Options
    @untouchablets Good luck with the interviews today!

Anniversary

• Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2015

OK here's the wall. The canvases are photos that H took on our various trips, and then the knick knacks are from all over as well. We might have to mess with the spacing and move some around again to get it perfect but so far we have it like this.

@minskat30 true I didn't mean that it was like a classic movie, just a "popular" one that I haven't seen. And at least you are close enough to Chicago to do the Visa in person. When I got my Visa for China I had to have a 3rd partycompany do it in NYC because that was the office I am assigned to and it's 4 hours away. Travisa was the company and they were great, they stood in the line and then certified mailed it back to me. Hefty fee of course.

@untouchablets Good luck at your interviews, kick butt!!

@futuremrshistorian I was sick yesterday too. Still feel a little crappy, hope you feel better soon!

@cocobellaf I hate when you try something new and it doesn't quite work out. Last night I made Ramen and I've always heard of people making it "egg drop" soup and putting an egg in it. So I tried that. Eh I ate it but I won't be making it again.

@speakeasy14 your pumpkins look so cute! I wanted some and H said no because he was afraid punk kids would come smash them. I'm like really old man, you're really worried about that??

@twodimes YAY fence!

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - It's really good! 

@untouchablets - It's a classic 80s movie :) 

@KeptInStitches - Feel better!

• Options

@swazzle good to know

@jenna8984 the wall looks really cool. I love that idea. I use ramen noodles for one of my soup recipes, I make it with coconut milk, some curry, tofu and spinach and it's really good.   I don't even use the flavor packet. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @swazzle the only thing I know about it is that Sean Astin is in it and he plays Samwise in the LOTR movies lmao. I will be sure to watch it soon on your recommendation :)
  • Options
    @jenna8984 hahaha what a strange reason to not want pumpkins. I'm more concerned about damage if we don't give out candy or something.  I say you should just pick some up. 

image  imageimage
  • Options

Anyone else feeling the same way? I'm just feeling blah today.

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• Options

@Swazzle - Star Wars is worth watching once, just to even understand all the references out there. My BF made it his mission once we started dating to show me a bunch of classic movies I missed out on. That's how I fell in love with Al Pacino. He also showed me some Martin Scorsese movies, a few Mel Gibson ones I hadn't seen (The Patriot, Braveheart), Gladiator, and then a bunch of 90s action movies (Predator, Rambo, etc). I haven't seen Godfather II, which is apparently the best one. And I've never seen the OLD classics, like Casablanca and Gone with the Wind.

@futuremrshistorian - The only way I could get my old roommates to like my cat was when I told them we could call her "Admiral Ackbar", or "the Admiral". Her real name was Ula.

@untouchablets - If The Goonies is a boy movie then I was born with the wrong parts, that's for sure. GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!....... Anyway, haha..... Good luck on the interviews!

-----------------------------------

After work yesterday I went shopping at the mall for my sister's birthday present. But before I even found anything for her I had already bought myself a dress at LOFT and a cardigan at Buckle. Still happy with what I got for my sister, but man, I was trying to save money this month!

We watched SNL, and the opening sketch mocking the democratic debate was the most spot-on and hilarious representation I've seen from SNL in a long time. Larry David does such a great impression of Bernie Sanders (because they basically sound exactly the same).

• Options
    Swazzle said:

HI! Entertain us and tell us about yourself, pretty please. 
    Oh hai! I'm obviously the newbie here! I like love cats and hate Chinese food. Is that entertaining? ;)

Crazy Fur-Mom to 1.
    "She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."

• Options
    Swazzle said:

HI! Entertain us and tell us about yourself, pretty please. 
    Oh hai! I'm obviously the newbie here! I like love cats and hate Chinese food. Is that entertaining? ;)
    More cat info is needed.

• Options
    @AlPacina - I haven't seen most of what you've just named! Pics of your purchases?

• Options

Seems I wasn't the only one off sick yesterday!

Friday I grabbed dinner at the Mediterranean buffet place with BF, his brother, and his brother's FI. I hadn't met his brother's FI yet, but we instantly got along. She's super cool! After dinner, BF and I walked to the bar where a friend's surprise 30th bday was happening, it was a good time, aside from a piñata mishap (involving naaasty stinky garbage mud that got all over the piñata and everything inside the piñata)

Saturday we woke up early to grab breakfast with friends and then head to Bridge Day. I had never been to Bridge Day as an attendee, so I was pretty excited to see that. For those of you that don't know, it's this huge event in WV where BASE jumpers jump off of the awesome New River Gorge bridge. It's the one day a year where the bridge is open to pedestrians, and holy crap it was neat. It's kind of terrifying to look over the edge, and my heart raced every time someone jumped. It would seem like they were falling forever before pulling their parachutes.

Saturday evening I started to feel off... so after getting home from Bridge Day I took a nap, watched Doctor Who, and tried to go to bed early, but then the crud hit me.

Sunday afternoon I rallied through the crud so BF and I could go see Mary Poppins, which was AWESOME! After that I bought chicken soup and some other grocery items and spent Sunday evening slugging around and feeling like crap. Monday I stayed home from work and spent most the day sleeping, resting, watching Netflix, and hacking my lungs up.

I'm a huge Star Wars nerd, so I was SUPER excited to see the new trailer. I can't wait for the movie, and I'm so glad the lead is a girl. When it comes to movies, there are TONS that I haven't seen, or that I've seen but can't remember anything about. I'm just not really a movie person. Out of the ones others have mentioned, I haven't seen the Godfather movies.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards