Not Engaged Yet
Options

FINALLY.

FRIDAY! 

Last night when I got home from work, I was so excited to see multiple packages brought into the house by my adorable husband and I just started opening everything. The first thing I opened, unfortunately, I didn't recognize at all so then I glanced at the address and it was actually sent to my H and it was a gift for me :lol: He said I could have it so I promptly drove myself up the street to buy a bottle of wine so I could: 

It's basically a wine glass inside of a beer mug and I love it! Then I cooked and ate dinner (HC Kung Pao Shrimp!) and H and I got to work on the tree. The first time we "finished" we realized that by avoiding the very bottom of the tree because of the cats, it looked like the tree was pants-less: 

If I have to wear pants, she has to wear pants sooooooo I adjusted the lights as best as I could (and now I'll pray that Bailey doesn't chew on them from the floor like he has done in the past) and VOILA! 

The 2015 Swazzle Christmas Tree! 

This weekend is going to be LOVELY! Tonight I have a Devils game. Tomorrow I'm heading to DE to bake cookies with my mom, aunts, and grandmom. Tomorrow night H and I are going to Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Sunday will be a semi-lazy day at home. The Eagles play at 1 and I'll probably get some stuff done around the house and prep some meals for the week. 

Cheers to this day flying by!

Re: FINALLY.

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - Thank you! I think that's a really awesome gift. I would love it if someone brought that to my housewarming! I hope your food stays down!

• Options
    Thanks @Swazzle - I wasn't sure if it was lame, but I feel better about it now.
  • Options
    @swazzle Love the christmas tree! 

@CocoBellaF I think a nice bottle of EVOO is a great gift! I would definitely use it.

It's a quiet Friday at school today. Report cards came out yesterday and the kids are trying to be on their best behavior for Santa (yes, many still believe in the 6th grade). 

This week has been so grueling though. My MIL got super angry with me because I told her that we would be dropping off gifts at my family's house (about 5-10 minutes away from us) on Christmas day. She wants us to only spend the day with her and I think it's really unreasonable- but honestly I just want everyone to be happy. She knows we went to Thanksgiving with my family so she wants it to be fair. When I told my dad he got mad at me, but then he calmed down a bit. I really dislike the holidays.

Tonight is my SIL 30th bday dinner and tomorrow is her bday party. Sunday I have a lunch with my aunt and then just lunch prep and resting for the last full week of work before winter vacation. 
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @500days That's rough. Do you think you can spend Christmas Eve with your family and drop off your gifts then? It's soooo tough when your family AND your ILs are all close together.

ETA: Or if you're driving to her house in the morning, could you stop at your family's first?

• Options
    Good morning!!

Yesterday I was so sore from my gym session on Wednesday (it was leg day) and I thought it would ease up today but I was so wrong.

I didn't have much to say yesterday so I didn't post in the daily thread and turns out not much happened anyway lol. Same with today, I I'm gonna walk some dogs before I go to work and then work all night, and then tomorrow I start my first dog training class under the mentor I was assigned to! I've never met her but we talked on the phone once and she seemed nice. I can't wait! I got my training materials and workbooks I'm supposed to have for this thing so in was flipping through and its all stuff I'm familiar with so this should be a breeze.
  • Options
    I need those pants in my life, @labro.  I think they'd be perfect cookie-baking pants, too.  Just saying.
  • Options
    @Swazzle your tree looks SO good!

@cocobellaF I agree with everyone else, I think that is a great gift idea and I may steal it in the future. 

@500days IMHO I think your MIL is being a bit ridiculous if you are just dropping off gifts. What does your H think about it?

I'm happy that it's Friday but usually I go home and order a pizza on Fridays but I don't know if I can eat that yet. 

• Options
    @lavenderfields13 OH noooo!!! How about some delicious creamy tomato soup or something equally unhealthy? I can't remember now....it's been 10 years since I had my wisdom teeth removed, but I think it was a good 3 days where I definitely had zero interest in eating solid food.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    @500days - I think your MIL is being over the top.  I am very thankful that my MIL is not demanding about the holidays at all.  My maternal grandma is 89 and the only grandparent I really have left.  Before I was married, our holidays were: mom and dad, bro and I, grandma.  That's it.  My MIL encourages H and I to spend time with my grandma while we can.

Speaking of MIL, they are coming to visit at the beginning of January.  I guess I need to start working on cleaning out the extra bedroom so they have somewhere to sleep.  It's too bad that we won't know the baby's sex yet... my FIL paints, and I could have him paint the room for us!  Oh well!

ETA:  I forgot to add: @500days - I would still drop by my family's house and just let my MIL get her panties in a wad.  Her problem!  
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF Have you considered just doing a neutral (cloud, wheat, cotton, taupe, etc.) color for the baby room? I guess I'm personally more a fan of that because then you can decorate in pink or blue or whatever to your heart's content and even switch out the decor colors in the room without having to change the paint color. Just my opinion obvs but something to think about.

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 Basically everyone needs these pants in their life. They are magical unicorn pants. I'm so sorry you won't get your Godiva bear this year! Those are so delicious!

• Options
    edited December 2015

Well now I really need them if they are magical unicorn pants! @labro

and they have an XXXsmall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• Options
    @labro - We are for sure doing more neutral tones, but I don't want to pick a color this early and then change my mind later on.  We won't be doing pink/blue, but I'm kind of playing with a few ideas that I'm not sure about yet (Woodland/Enchanted Forest, completely gender neutral, or navy/green/cream/coral).  I am just not ready to commit to anything!!
  • Options
    @Peaseblossom55 - No Godiva bear??  :(  That sucks!!
  • Options
    @labro It's been a week today, maybe I am just being overly cautious? I had 3 taken out, 1 on the bottom left and I'm avoiding chewing near there still. I might get a pizza from one of my fav places and ask for it lightly cooked (I like them doughier from this place anyways) and cut it up. I NEED pizza in my life. 

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    @lavenderfields13 It definitely just depends on if you feel sore or not! I had all four removed but I know the surgery recovery can be a lot different when you're a teen vs an adult. Maybe you can test eat something today like some fruit or something you have to chew that isn't too tough and see how you feel. Pizza is life so I totally get it!

• Options

@twodimes it will be fine. I got one this year for Valentine's Day so I do have a 2015 Godiva bear but not the Christmas one.

I'm so jealous of everyone's Christmas cookie baking days.

Anniversary

• Options
    I've been eating mac & cheese so I think moving on to a really soft pizza eaten with a fork and knife will be ok. I'm just a worrier!

• Options
    @TwoDimes Wooooooo baking day!!! I hope you AW some of what you make on Monday (and send me some???) That sounds like a really awesome party! We missed H's Christmas party this year. I'd love something like a beer bar. They've hosted their's at a fancy pants country club the last few years and the food is good plus open bar!! but I really like the idea behind getting to sample all those beers plus a free cab ride home!

• Options
    @twodimes yeah my whole family and his GF are there. I wasn't that supportive of him joining but I AM proud of him so I'm happy I can watch too :) p.s. jealous of Elvis night!!!
  • Options
    @labro @lavenderfields13  I agree she is over the top and she doesn't like when we deviate from her plan. I seriously want to just book a trip over Christmas next year. My H knew she would freak out but he is used to it so it doesn't bother him. I think I'll just have to get up early and drop them off myself. My extended family is hard on me about the holidays because we only get together on Thanksgiving and Christmas, while I see my MIL and SIL every week- so they pressure me too especially since they are so close by and don't see why we can't just swing by. My MIL won't have it. And I don't want to stir the pot. It sucks.
  • Options
    @lavenderfields13 feel better.  I would totally put myself on a mashed potato diet and I think I did when I got my wisdom teeth out but it was so long ago now.  I remember eating jello too.

Anniversary

• Options
    @CocoBellaF  EVOO and balsamic vinegar is great :smile: I would be super excited!

@swazzle Cute glass!

@labro I keep forgetting "Girl on a Train" will be a movie lmao

@untouchablets yay to your brother!!

Yay finally friday!

Originally I was suppose to be alone this evening cuz Matt had plans, but they fell through so now he's home. Meh, that's fine. All the stuff I planned on doing will likely get done anyways.
    Tomorrow is my xmas party, so I'm pretty stoked on that!

Not much else. Need to get carpets cleaned and we're either borrowing my mum's {pending it works} or renting one from the grocery store.
  • Options
    @cocobellaf I am a huge fan of food gifts and yours sounds perfect!

@lavenderfields13 I've never had to deal with wisdom tooth removal because I have none, but one of my coworkers just had hers removed and she's been eating things like soups, frozen yogurt, protein shakes, and yesterday she finally started eating pasta because it's soft. I hope you feel better soon!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards