Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridesmaids financial responsibilities

Re: Bridesmaids financial responsibilities

• Drink tickets? Oh good lord. Drink tickets.

I can't. 

Drink tickets.

• Its going to be a very interesting night. I agree the wine is expensive, but the cost included the uncorking fee and taxes. I think that the bar should be open for those not drinking, or acting as designated drivers. I asked her about pop, juice and water...She said you would have to pay for it.

• woodtdm said:

Its going to be a very interesting night. I agree the wine is expensive, but the cost included the uncorking fee and taxes. I think that the bar should be open for those not drinking, or acting as designated drivers. I asked her about pop, juice and water...She said you would have to pay for it.

At least she's consistent?

• woodtdm said:

Its going to be a very interesting night. I agree the wine is expensive, but the cost included the uncorking fee and taxes. I think that the bar should be open for those not drinking, or acting as designated drivers. I asked her about pop, juice and water...She said you would have to pay for it.

• lnixon8 said:
    The first wedding I went to without my parents had an open bar for 45 minutes and switched the cash. The frat boys were not the only ones that went koo koo bananas that first hour (Spoiler alert:me
    I remember a wedding years ago that was open bar until like 9 or 10 and then went cash bar. The DJ made a last call before it switched over to cash bar and lo and behold everyone was grabbing multiple drinks and taking them back to their seats. And then once those were gone most people left (I think it was cash bar for the last 1-2 hours of the reception and we had already been there for a few hours anyway)
  • I was invited but will not be attending her Bachlorette party. Who has a Bachlorette Party on a Sunday?? She expects her quests to book the following Monday off. Um yeah, not going to happen.

• Wow, she's just always putting her guests first.
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    woodtdm said:

I was invited but will not be attending her Bachlorette party. Who has a Bachlorette Party on a Sunday?? She expects her quests to book the following Monday off. Um yeah, not going to happen.

Ugh. Vacation time for a bachelorette party? Geesh- this is not the party of the year.

If I were local, I'd go to a dinner portion, if there is one, but at 9-10pm, I'm out.
  • SP29 said:
    woodtdm said:

I was invited but will not be attending her Bachlorette party. Who has a Bachlorette Party on a Sunday?? She expects her quests to book the following Monday off. Um yeah, not going to happen.

Ugh. Vacation time for a bachelorette party? Geesh- this is not the party of the year.

If I were local, I'd go to a dinner portion, if there is one, but at 9-10pm, I'm out.
    I was going to say something similar.  I don't mind having dinner and/or drinks with friends, even on a school night.  But I need to be in bed by 11pm at the LATEST, so I'm going to have skeedaddle by 9:30 or so.  Here's a $20, buy the bride a drink on me later.
  • Gah, she *expects* you to take time off?  That's super ridiculous.

I'll admit that my bachelorette party is being planned on a Tuesday.  When my bridesmaids (the ones planning the party) and I looked at our calendars this was the best day that worked.  They're from OOT and flying in less than a week before the wedding.  Monday the last VIP guest flies in, Tuesday b-party, Wednesday RD, Thursday/Friday possible other family obligations, and just too close to the wedding itself.

I definitely don't expect anyone to take time off for it, though.
  • Its not a dinner. Its a bar with drinking and dancing. It was chosen because it is 80's night, and the party only starts at 9pm.
  • I love an 80s dance party. But I would not be enjoying myself to the fullest extent when I have to work then next morning. Does she not have a job that she has to take time off from?
  • No. she currently collects disability and has for the last five years.

• woodtdm said:

A new week and more DRAMA. This time its her FI, and his colon issues :( Yep. You read that right. Now she's under more stress about the wedding because it's literally around the corner. 19 days...Let the countdown to the worlds most important event commence!

Wait what?  So is she angry with her fiance's colon?  Is his colon ruining her special day?  Or are we legitimately concerned about his health... fingers crossed for that last one.
  • woodtdm said:

A new week and more DRAMA. This time its her FI, and his colon issues :( Yep. You read that right. Now she's under more stress about the wedding because it's literally around the corner. 19 days...Let the countdown to the worlds most important event commence!

Seriously loving this thread. I have a co-worker reading it now! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• You need to take notes during the wedding, we don't want to miss a single detail.

• I'm new here. Hell! I just wanted to say how much I love this thread. We have a bride acting like a hosebeast and poop.  What more can ya ask for ?
  • woodtdm said:
    I just received an invitation for a breakfast with the bride and 40 of her closest friends morning after the wedding. The Holiday Inn Express is not going to be impressed. It's the never ending wedding!!

Who's paying for it? ;-) 

• woodtdm said:

She "negotiated" a special price for each person of $10, but now the hotel is saying that they probably won't have the space to accommodate. The drama has already begun on social media.

And who's expected to lay out the $10/pp?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards