Not Engaged Yet
Options

It's Thursday

Re: It's Thursday

• Options
    @speakeasy14 WOOHOOOO!!! 4% is awesome!!!!! Congrats!

• Options
    @labro Your painting is gorgeous! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @labro - LOVE your painting!  You did a great job.  I have not gotten my W2s yet.  :(  Thankfully BIL can do our powder room bathroom reno by himself...no plumbing is moving there, just swapping out a vanity and toilet... so my 1 a.m./4 a.m. bathroom runs (due to this little girl stomping on my bladder already) do not involve me trekking down to the basement for "too" much longer hopefully.  At least there is that.  Also...

@eilis1228 - I want to pull a Kayne on the plumber honestly but construction makes me too tired to care.  H and I do not have the best of luck with the people we try to hire.  Mostly because they are side-job people but still.  Even the dumpster people who were supposed to come last weekend just didn't show up...leaving me scrambling Saturday morning to find a replacement.  This is our LAST project thank God.  I'm sorry your skin is acting up...hormones are a bitch.  I'm sure the zits will go away as your body adjusts but it must be a PIA right now...hugs.

• Options
    @Swazzle I am also so sad about Alan Rickman. I loved him in everything he was in. Such a talent. I am also disappointed that I didn't wake up a billionaire. FI won 33 cents from an office ticket pool, and I reminded him that he has to split it with me.

@speakeasy14 that's awesome! 4% is such a great raise! Congrats!

Let's see... I haven't been on here in a little while (after my first time basically), because I had a really crazy week. On top of working full-time, I teach as an adjunct on Thursdays, and my first class of the semester is tonight. So I've been bogged down with that for the last few days.  Also, this past weekend I did a lot of venue tours, and ended up booking my venue which I posted about before (The Old Mill). It is seriously perfect.

Last night I made a Plated for dinner - Spaghetti Squash and Kale in creamy Parmesan garlic sauce, and it rocked. Another success from them. 

I'm really excited that tomorrow I'm scheduled to get my first Home Chef box.

I am not excited that I have to teach from 5:30-8 tonight. I won't get home until almost 9. Bleh. I think teachers hate school starting more than students do.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 Haha yea that and it's probably clogged with Maddux hair! Like tons of it! That dog sheds his fur by the lb. It's awful. Yet he still has more hair right behind it.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - Congrats! That's so awesome! 

@labro - You're, like, really pretty and your painting came out really great! I didn't know that he knew the whole story! What a fun HP tidbit! 

@eilis1228 - Next up is Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. THIS book is free on Amazon today and sounds like something you and I would like! It's going to be book # 5 for me. 

@beachyone15 - SOOOOO jealous of your beach vacation! 

@AisforA - Which meals did you pick from Home Chef?

• Options
    @labro your painting came out gorgeous!! 

• Options
    @swazzle the Winter-Rub Pork Tenderloin, and the Parisian Steak
  • Options
    @AlPacina hahaha my conversation was, so I depending when Emmy makes her arrival, I may be going to Chicago in April to meet more of my internet friends. All he said, was "ok cool don't ask if I'd like to go to Chicago since I've never been there either."
  • Options
    @AisforA - I wanted the winter-rub pork tenderloin SO badly but H isn't a big fan of brussels sprouts :cry: 

• Options
    @swazzle - He needs to get on the sprouts train. Immediately.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @AlPacina and @speakeasy14

I'm planning on reviving the Chicago GTG thread soon.  Hopefully we can get a better head count next week or the week after but I personally plan on hauling my big old butt down to Chicago in April for sure.  ;)
  • Options

minskat30 said:

I'm planning on reviving the Chicago GTG thread soon.  Hopefully we can get a better head count next week or the week after but I personally plan on hauling my big old butt down to Chicago in April for sure.  ;)
    I am just waiting to hear back from @audrewuh to see if she still wants to get there on Thursday, and then I'm buying my plane tickets! They're currently the cheapest that I've seen since we first started talking about the G2G. Although I'm thinking I can probably use miles! :)

• Options
    @AlPacina Did you and your BF jointly buy the house? Like are you both on the deed and the mortgage? If it's just you, you need to include all that on your individual taxes. I have no clue how to handle it if it's split and I would definitely consult with an accountant!

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin - The only good thing about him not like them is there are more for me? Like the meal we had on Tuesday when you and I were FTing, he had like... 2 bites of the sprout/apple hash and I got the rest! 

@AlPacina @minskat30 - Remind me of the dates again?

• Options
    @Swazzle Gracias! I "purchased" the book... next on my list is the new Mindy Kaling book, but I'll probably read the free book after that. 

@GoldenPenguin Ooooooh that setting is gorgeous! Now I'm torn on which option I like more. Your current setting is beautiful, but it may be a better idea long-term to provide more protection to the stone with a basket setting. I'm still partial to the spacer band, but I don't think you can go wrong with either of those options. Also, cystic acne around your lady bits?! 

That sounds like hell. Wow. Does the acne go away pretty quickly when you don't wear the underwear? Because I mean, my back hurts so much it feels bruised from the acne, so I can't imagine how painful your acne must be... and waiting for it to go away takes forever. :(

@minskat30 I really hope you don't have anymore flaky workers with your reno. I'd be so pissed off. I know construction work never stays on schedule, but for it to be delayed due to flaky workers... I'd be livid. I really hope you can find a plumber who's available before Feb/March. :-\ 

@southernpeach89 Zoey sheds like crazy too. H said he's constantly covered in women's hair. hahahaha It took him a couple of hours to get all of my hair out of the vacuum so it would function again. So gross.

@labro I got my student loan tax form yesterday... It was depressing to see how much I paid in interest. Neither H nor I have gotten our W-2s yet, but when I estimated everything based on our last pay stub and put it into a tax estimator calculator, it shows we should get a nice refund if we file jointly. If not for the loan interest, we would owe. :( But yes, thanks to that tax calculator, I'm antsy to file so we can get some money! Do you have any plans for your refund?

• Options
    @eilis1228 If we get a refund (IF!) I think I want to put it back into the house...like use the money to buy the fencing and French drain materials we need.

Don't you love that married tax break? It didn't really help us out much...I was in a lower bracket before we got married, but it didn't hurt us much either at least! Buying a house has been a life-saver with taxes!

• Options
    @eilis1228 and @southernpeach89 Between Callie and I, my bf is always covered in hair.  The worst is the shower drain though. 
  • Options
    @AlPacina I'm quitting WW and going on the Taco Cleanse!!!

ALSO EL OH EL to this on their website:

Dear Taco Scientists,

Lately I’ve been really struggling at work. My company hired a new manager and he’s one of those people that lashes out at people for his own mistakes and demeans the people he’s supposed to lead. I’ve been having such a rough time that I’ve been turning to burritos for solace. Last night, for example, I had everything I needed at my house to make amazing tacos, the components were all ready and I just needed to put them together. Instead, after learning one of my teammates had been bullied into resigning I stopped at a local burrito place and ate that instead. I felt disgusted with myself. I know eating tacos will make me feel better but I just can’t bring myself to make them.

Can you help?
    Sad Employee Eating Burritos

Dear SEEB,

First let me say how sorry I am that you are going through this. It’s an unfortunate reality of our world that often the people that seek power are the very ones that shouldn’t have it.

From your letter I get the idea that you are using burritos for comfort. Think of a newborn baby swaddled in blankets and how similar that vision is to a burrito. Having a large tortilla wrapped around something wonderful and special can make you feel really peaceful and like someone is taking care of you. In the end though, you are going to have to grow up and take care of yourself. You can’t hide under your “blankets” forever.

The best way to move forward is to think about why we eat tacos. The are packed with many different flavors and textures all bursting out essentially saying “look at me”. Unlike a burrito a taco is a little bit dangerous, parts of it are probably going to fall out. If you are eating a crispy taco it could even break in half! But when that happens you pick up the pieces and start over in a newer better taco. That’s what you need to internalize because it’s also going to help you moving forward with your life. Look to the taco and its fundamental fearlessness. It’s time to embody your own inner taco break free of this negative situation you’ve found yourself in. Good luck!

• Options
    @labro That's a good idea! I really hope you get a refund! It will be a while before H and I buy a house, unfortunately. We sat down yesterday and made a tentative financial plan for my loans and a house. H wants to have about 30% saved so we have enough to comfortably cover a down payment, closing costs, inspection costs, etc plus moving expenses and any new furniture and appliances we may want/need. He wants to pay off all my loans first though, so we're basically looking at 5 years before we can afford a house. Of course, we came up with this plan after he sent me a listing for the perfect house at the perfect price in the perfect neighborhood. *sigh* Such a tease.

• Options
    @alpacina did you watch PLL? If so, join in on our theories
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards