Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

Good morning!

I'm jealous of all you lucky ladies who didn't have to go to work yesterday! I hope everyone's weekend was relaxing!

Unfortunately on Friday DH got into a bad car accident. There are good and bad parts to this...the bad part was that it was his fault and there were some minor injuries. The good parts are that no one was badly hurt, the car that he totaled was basically done working already, and we planned to buy a new van this weekend. So things could have been a lot worse.

Saturday DH and I picked up our new minivan that I'm obsessed with. It has heated seats, automatic doors, navigation, seat tv's, and backup camera. I'm so excited!!! I can just imagine me with 1000 things in my arms including a child and I press a button and all the doors fly open. Perfection. Unfortunately while we were picking up the van @labro had to experience a Callie meltdown. She is going through an anxious phase I think of not liking other people besides her parents...hopefully that doesn't last long.

Sunday DH worked all day and I spent the day at my mom's house. Callie had a better day and she got to meet one of my best friends from high school.

Monday I worked until about 11:00 and then met some friends for lunch. Callie met them too and she was a squirmy baby at the restaurant so that plus trying to eat and have a conversation was interesting haha.

Today we are getting our living room carpet repaired since it was damaged by the previous owner's dogs. It's all ripped up so I'm excited for it to look normal and then I'm probably going to Crossfit and making chili afterwards!

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    @jenna8984 Sometimes you just have to do that lol. That sounds good!!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 sweet ride! Minivans have all the coolest features, I love them!

This weekend I had lots of time to spend with Coraline but I also had lots of homework so while she napped in the crate a few times a day I was flying through my work.

On Sunday I finished my training! My classes officially start this Saturday and I'm really excited. I have everything organized and all ready, and I am especially anxious to start a class with the one family. They have a really big pittie, and when I first met them all they did was yank him around and yell at him and smack him if he didn't obey them. I sold the wife a class a few days later after I asked if she'd be interested in dog training since they clearly had no control and didn't know what they were doing. I put them in a class by themselves and told  her to bring her whole family. Hopefully I can make a difference :)

Today I'm walking some dogs in the freezing cold, and Coraline has a vet appointment at 3:30. Her eyes are really teary and I don't know if they're irritated or not. They don't really seem to bother her but I just want to be sure. I am also going to see if the vet can do her next round of vaccines today or if it's too early. My original appointment for that was supposed to be next Thursday.

@ all PLL fans, I finally caved and started watching on Netflix. Gonna see what all the fuss is about ;)
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 So glad your H is okay and there were no serious injuries. Love your new Minivan! 

@jenna8984 I would kill for some heavy cream alfredo but WW won't allow it!

Happy Tuesday! This weekend we got a ton done which was good. Friday night we went out to eat with my cousin and her two kids to a Mexican place. The food was amazing!

Saturday we hung around in the morning, then headed off to BF's mom's house for the Pats game. We got salad and pizza and ate all the things while watching the game. Pats won!!

Sunday we cleaned up a little more, then heading to my Aunt's for a big turkey dinner. It was SO GOOD. My Uncle (not her H) grew the turkey and then gave it to my Aunt to cook. After a huge dinner, my Aunt, my Mom and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. I had to go to my mom's to get some clothes that she was giving away, and then I went with her to my Aunt's to drop off clothes she didn't want.

BF drove himself home from dinner, and while at my Aunts I got a text that he took the big TV out of the box and set it up. He bought a 55' TV for the man cave a while back, and since the man cave was never finished, it just sat in the box. Apparently Sunday was a good day because he decided to take it out. We had to rearrange the living room because it was too big for where it was. Thankfully this will only help for when the new couch gets here.

Yesterday BF had to work so I ran errands, shoveled the whole driveway, cleaned the house, and did Zumba. I got my 10,000 steps (I usually get around 6000) and I had 113 Active minutes. I thought I was going to die lol. Tonight is more Zumba and relaxing!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @minskat30 good job lawyering your money back! It sucks that you had to cancel your trip though :( and YAY feeling baby minskat kick!!
  • Options
    @untouchablets Congrats on finishing your training!!
    @caseface5 I kind of want to see this man cave haha
    @minskat30 I'm sorry about having to cancel your trip....it's definitely for the best though. That's something you don't want to risk. Also congrats on feeling her first kick! I'll never forget the moment I first felt Callie move. It was so amazing!! Now she is just going to start getting stronger and stronger and then the kicks will definitely be more apparent. It's going to get fun!
  • Options
    Hi all!

For those of you that don't know, my
    H was in a bad car accident on Jan 4. He recently got moved from the ICU to a step down floor which is awesome but is still pretty much in a coma while his brain injury heals. Xanax keeps me sane. He will have inpatient rehab when he wakes up and they can assess his cognitive injuries but the neuro expects a meaningful recovery. Any thoughts or prayers are greatly appreciated.

I need stuff to do in the hospital (I've been reading and coloring and playing iPad games) so I might stop in from time to time.

Today we are picking out paint at Home Depot cause My GFIL is painting our bedroom to hopefully have it move in ready when H gets home. Then to the hospital we go. My mom is currently taking care of H (she had the night shift)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @Blue & White You seriously have all of my hugs and love and prayers right now. I'm so glad your H is improving enough to move out of the ICU. All of my prayers for his on-going progress and healing. I love you!

• Options
    @labro I simply cannot believe this has been my life for two weeks but I'm so glad H is making improvements.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @Blue&White - I'm so very sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your H right now.  I'm glad your H has moved from the ICU though I am sure you must still be out of your mind with worry/stress.  All of the hugs to you.
  • Options
    @Blue & White sending you so many hugs!! I am so sorry you're going through that. I can't even imagine. I am glad he's out of the ICU, I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @minskat30 it is mostly the Xanax that is behaving in such a logical way. It also helped me to ya know actually be able to go into his hospital room cause needles. So obviously Xanax and love are pretty powerful things
  • Options
    @minskat30 I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip but it's good they gave you most of your money back. I'm sure your baby girl will make it a million times worth it.

@southernpeach89 I can take a pic to show tomorrow, however it's not much right now. The basement was half finished when we moved in, but BF ripped out the nasty carpet, painted it, and then stopped. We haven't done any more with it because we have had other more pressing things come up (new water heater, new stove, new couch, new bulkhead.. and the list goes on.)
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Blue&amp;White Sending all the love and prayers. <3

@labro it was tasty! That pork shoulder has me drooling too. And Mac and cheese.... damn those delicious foods!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @southernpeach89  glad everyone is ok! At least you were already getting a van :)

@minskat30  Yay on getting money back and half way!!

@jenna8984  
    treat yo self parks and recreation retta donna meagle

Not much last night. I moved a bunch of crap around to clear some space in our living room since this Saturday people are coming over to try some new teas that are upcoming that I sell :)

Have to redo our budget .... realizing we're over spending. Urg. Not entirely sure where we can cut costs to make it work, but I'll figure something out. Despite knowing it'll be tight, I'd rather have debt paid off and saving for a home than anything else.
  • Options
    @labro OMG all that food sounds amazing!!! I want the mac n cheese and cornbread now!
    @Blue&amp;White I've been constantly thinking about you! I'm so glad to hear things are improving and I will definitely be praying that it continues that way. Please keep us updated with everything!
  • Options

@southernpeach89 sorry about DH's accident. Yay for the new mini van.

@jenna8984 alfredo sauce sounds so good right now

@minskat30 I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip, better safe than sorry.   At least the powder room is almost finished!

@Blue&amp;White Sending you and your H so many thoughts and prayers. I'm glad he was able to move down from ICU

I'm so not happy to be at work today, no real reason, other than I'm tired and it's pretty cold.  My weekend was nice, a lot of relaxing and staying inside keeping warm.  I had two friends over for a girl's night on Saturday.  It was fun.  We watched the movie Trainwreck it was pretty awful.  Sunday I watched TV, played video games, and helped H with the closets.  H is half way done with the walk in closet project!!!  It looks great so far.  Yesterday I did some cleaning, laundry, paid bills, and read.  I am almost done with the book I've been reading, it actually got better the more I read it.  I'm just hoping today goes by quickly.  I want to be back home snuggling and reading. 

Anniversary

• Options
    @Peaseblossom55 I feel you on wanting to be home warm and snuggly!

@speakeasy14 What kind of pie did you have? Also Skiing is so much fun! You will love it and I'm so jealous! 
  • Options
    @wink0erin DH bought a snow shovel during the Fall this year. I rolled my eyes at him because he live in Georgia...I mean yea we get snow usually once or twice a year but it never stays for more than a few days. I thought it was a complete waste.
  • Options
    Blue & White Best wishes to your family, that has to be extremely difficult. I'm glad your H has improved enough to move from the ICU. 

• Options
    @labro I'll check under my kitchen sink! The exterior faucet is near there. Thanks for the idea!

• Options
    @TwoDimes It's a 2010 Honda Odessy. Jealous of your vacation!! I could definitely use a drink and a beach right now.
  • Options
    @blue & white - Sending all my hugs, thoughts, and vibes to your H and to you <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards