Not Engaged Yet

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

And that somebody is me. 4ish hours of sleep is just not sufficient especially at the beginning of the week. 

I did, however, have a spectacular weekend and stayed up last night to see my Leo finally take home his first Oscar <3

On Friday, I drove up to @csousa1 's house in MA and @GoldenPenguin arrived shortly after. We ate and drank and laughed and stayed up talking super late. 

On Saturday, we woke up and had a delicious breakfast, watched Fuller House, napped, and then @csousa1 's mom sent over a homemade chocolate cake and we had a tea party! We watched Serendipity which I had never seen and then got all prettied up and went out to a party where we played flip cup and beer pong and didn't get home until 2:30am and it was like we were in college all over again. 

We slept SO late yesterday, went out for a nice breakfast, and then I had to leave and I wanted to cry. Luckily it didn't take me nearly as long to get home as it took me to get there. I scarfed down a cheesesteak because I was craving it, H got home from food shopping, and we lounged on the couch for the rest of the night, watching the Red Carpet and the Oscars. 

I thought Chris Rock did a great job, Lady Gaga's performance was so moving and it brought me to tears, and I definitely cried when Leo won. 

For now, I'll be anxiously waiting for last night's TWD to be up on the AMC website so I can watch before some douchebag spoils it on FB. 

I hope everyone has the best Monday possible considering it's Monday! 

Re: Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

• @caseface5 - Glad you had a nice time this weekend and your BF's mom was surprised! 

@CocoBellaF - 75 degrees sounds GLORIOUS! Enjoy! 

@jenna8984 - I thought Reese looked gorgeous! I don't understand that at all. I can't remember thinking anyone was really worthy of worst dressed. 

• minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @swazzle - I'm still stuck in European deal hell over here.  :(  Doing it from work now instead of home in my PJs. Blech.  My BIL is tired and I get it but I'm paying him so I'm pretty irritated myself.  Hopefully next weekend is the last of it.  In any case, it should all be done by the end of March at the latest latest I guess.  

@cocobellaf - All the non-bedrest vibes to you!!!!  And I will be massively relieved when the bathroom is done.  Also, what was your H's reaction to the kicking like?  My H's eyes got HUGE and he immediately removed his hand as if he had been burned.  Then he asked "Doesn't that hurt?"  lol

@jenna8984 - Sorry Saturday was a bust (except the ice cream part...ice cream makes EVERYTHING better).  :)

@caseface5 - I'm glad your BF's mother liked her surprise and it went well!
  • @speakeasy14 - Everything for the shower looks so nice!!! 

• @speakeasy14 - Awww, the shower looks awesome!!!  :)  And you look beautiful in your dress(es).  I'm sorry the Kate Spade one didn't work out but I like the one you picked!
  • @labro - Adulting all weekend is not fun.  At least I was keeping you company in spirit.  ;)  Also, the crawl space fix looks really really irritating.  Did you guys have to get all wet/dirty to do it?  I had a crawl space growing up and I was always the person who had to go in there to get stuff people needed and I HATED it...there were always tons of spiders in there.
  • @cu97tiger The DA finale airs on Sunday March 5th! Watch out for spoilers! I am not google anything!!!

I know how you feel about fun money. It frustrates me because I have a certain amount of fun money each month and H STILL comments if I buy expensive shampoo with it...or spend $100 getting my hair cut and colored. Just because you're a guy and you're balding doesn't mean I don't care to spend money on my personal things! It has helped to have a "free spot" in the budget so to speak but I think if it can be an out of sight out of mind place so you won't stress out over what he does with the money that's a good thing (as long as he's staying within that amount).

@minskat30 Well luckily we already had plastic down in a good portion so we were able to work from there. I did get dirty but at least I stayed dry! We put down bug killer in the soil before the plastic and we have regular pest control so there are some cobwebs but the spiders aren't TOO terrible! Plus the crawl space is about 4 feet high all over so it's not too bad to move around in.

• @cu97tiger - Whoo hoo way to go on figuring out a way to double the 401k contribution!!  H and I were talking budget this weekend and discussing saving more (a LOT more) and it is not easy.  I'm sorry your H is going to be gone for two weeks too.  :(  As part of the budget talks H and I had this weekend, we discussed the possibility that he might have to take a short-term contract in a different state if his new side business doesn't take off (his current contract in Chicago is tenuous at this stage because his project is wrapping up).  I can't imagine doing long-distance, especially with a newborn, and it almost made me cry honestly.  Thankfully we are giving his business a go until the end of the year at a minimum before we resort to that (if we have to).
  • @labro - All of that reminds me that H needs to clean out the storm shelter soon!  All kinds of cobwebs and nasties down there, I'm sure.  Ugh.
  • @labro - H will laugh at me if I buy another pair of shoes, but he doesn't mind. I also shake my head at some of the crap he buys, but again, I don't mind. What I do mind is that we make a considerable amount of money and I don't necessarily feel like we're doing enough to pad our savings accounts and 401ks. Especially if IVF works, we need to get used to having less 'fun' money anyway. Luckily H agrees, and so I'm ready for this experiment to start (we're just waiting for the HELOC to come through so we can pay off a bunch of debt... I feel like I've been saying that for YEARS).

@minskat30 - Yeah, LDRs suck in general. I hope you don't have to do that, but I totally understand for short term issues, that might be the best option. I'm sure it would be hard for your H to be away from you and Ani so much, too! Would it be somewhere that was within driving distance? Fingers crossed his side business takes off!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger - No, if he did it, it would be NY or CA likely.  He would fly back every other weekend to every weekend if he did it but it would be really really hard on both of us.  It would be 3-4 months on, then a month off, then another 3-4 months on kind of deal and then off for 3 months or so.  He'd be able to make his currently salary in about 6-8 months time basically.  That said, he's already really upset about both of us working all the time with Ani coming soon.  I'm not sure he would be ok missing all the day-to-day stuff.  Thanks for the fingers crossed on his business...we need all the help we can get!  
  • minskat30 said:
    @cu97tiger - No, if he did it, it would be NY or CA likely.  He would fly back every other weekend to every weekend if he did it but it would be really really hard on both of us.  It would be 3-4 months on, then a month off, then another 3-4 months on kind of deal and then off for 3 months or so.  He'd be able to make his currently salary in about 6-8 months time basically.  That said, he's already really upset about both of us working all the time with Ani coming soon.  I'm not sure he would be ok missing all the day-to-day stuff.  Thanks for the fingers crossed on his business...we need all the help we can get!  
    Yuck! Ok, toes are crossed now, too. I was actually thinking this morning that I cannot complain about two weeks apart. The number of men and women who have to be separated from their loved ones during longer deployments (@flygirlmeg) is humbling, and I am thankful that they make that sacrifice. I'll just watch a lot of bad TV and play with F+F.

@labro - BOOOOO. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @minskat30 - I hope that you all don't have to do long-distance.  It would be tough, but you could make it if you have to...  just hopefully, you don't.  :)
  • @beachyone15 TBH I am itching for more to do! We aren't starting work on our bathroom yet and it's been too cold and too wet to do any yard work so I am glad we're FINALLY entering the season where it's warm and it stays light out longer so I can do some real projects in the yard. We have a huge yard so it IS a constant effort but I truly love it.

• @beachyone15 - Nope, he just doesn't call then shows up the next week like nothing happened.  I've already called him out on it more than once (in a joking way and then in a not joking way).  We are almost done thankfully.

@cu97tiger - Thank you.  I agree that it could be far worse too...a deployment or something similar would be just terrible.  The stress of being long distance PLUS in danger would be really, really hard.  I don't know how others like @flygirlmeg do it.  

@cocobellaf - I agree. My family is a little crazy (well...sometimes a lot) but at least they are nearby.  If we had to make it work, even with an infant, we could do it.  I'm hopefully we don't have to.  If H's side business takes off it will mean he can work full time on it eventually from home (other than trips to India probably every 3-6 months or so) which would be a HUGE blessing.  
  • @labro Sounds like a straight up HGTV weekend you had. It's awesome that you guys are handy though

@speakeasy14 aaaw the shower and you and sis look awesome, how fun!

@cu97tiger boo to him being gone 2 weeks. I agree with the spending thing. We save a decent amount but I never feel like it's enough. Especially when we disagree about things like the cell phone. He pays over $200 a month for our plans, when I'd be perfectly happy with a $40 trac phone! But he would never dare skimp on his precious Verizon- drives me nuts. Also, feel you on the part about learning to cut now in hopes of baby- the entire monthly amount that we put to liquid savings right now will ALL be diverted to paying for daycare, and that freaks me out. We have enough in there, but I hate the thought of not adding to it for 4 years.

• @jenna8984 I take ZERO credit for being handy. H knows how to do it all and I just follow instructions.

@eilis1228 Hah no way! I want to be one of those people getting all those updates instead like on This Old House or something.

• @eilis1228 - I'll be so jealous if you get to move to Austin. I would love to move there but H wouldn't have it :(

• @labro That sounds really fun too. I think either way your future is HGTV! 

@beachyone15 Eh, we're on the fence about it. While we love Austin, the cost of living is really high there and the traffic is terrible. Plus the job market is only really good for STEM companies. Everything else is really competitive and hard to find. My H is an engineer, so he'd have a lot of opportunities down there, but I would have a tougher time finding work. It's a great city, but it's hard to live there!

• @speakeasy14 – You are the cutest! I like the dress you wore, even if it wasn’t your first choice.

@CocoBellaF – My fingers are so crossed for you!

@jenna8984 – Congrats on your successful baking! I’ve still never made a decent batch of cookies. The day I do will be a day of celebration, I tell ya!

@beachyone15 – I think you have every right to feel pissed. Your day trip looks like it was so fun though!

@eilis1228 – My family keeps trying to get me to host things too. I’m putting it off as long as possible, haha.

--------------

I don't remember Friday night at all, other than we cleaned up the house. Saturday morning I got up first thing and got the bathroom ready to paint. My BF's dad came over and they brewed some beers in the garage while I finished my project. I'm SO HAPPY with it!

Before:

After:

Saturday night we were supposed to go to a comedy show at midnight, but by 5-ish I could tell I wasn't going to make it. I woke up too early and was not active enough to keep myself motivated. We went to see Deadpool with his dad, and I absolutely loved it (especially since the humor was right up my alley), but after that I was ready for bed. BF and his dad went to the comedy show and I went to sleep.

Then yesterday BF decided to be mad at me after the fact about me not going to the show with them. We spent the whole day fighting and the day ended extra terribly. I'm honestly considering taking a break from our relationship right now, with how bad I'm feeling. But I hate that I don't have any good girlfriends that I can trust to vent to and not have stuff get spread around. I want to talk some of this out so I can see if something is just pent up or if there really are more significant red flags. It's always so much easier to know the "right thing to do" when you're on the outside. Anyway, I know that's a bit dark and shitty but I have no one else to tell, so......

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards