Not Engaged Yet

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

Re: Somebody's got a case of the Mondays

• @AlPacina You can vent to me! Send me a PM on FB or TK if you don't want to post about it. I'm sorry you guys are going through a rough time :( 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @alpacina glad I'm not the only terrible baker. Your bathroom looks great! Sorry about the relationship qualms :( We are always here!

@beachyone15 that definitely sucks about your desk and I hope that person just stops getting chances and gets fired already lol

• @AlPacina That sounds really rough! You know you can always PM here or on FB about it! Sometimes you just need to vent and it doesn't mean there are a bunch of red flags or anything. Communication is SO HARD sometimes.

• @alpacina - Ditto if you want to talk. PM me and I can give you my gmail email if you have gchat. Hugs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @AlPacina - I'm so sorry - we are all here for you though! :)

• @wink0erin - I love that print! Good job!
    Regarding the desk issue, I'd really like to speak up but I'm having a hard time with choosing what to say that won't make it sound like I'm just complaining. My desk is also located in our file room, so I think people still look at it like an "extra" desk, even though I've sat there this whole time.

• @AlPacina The bathroom paint looks great! I'm so sorry you've had a rough time with BF. NEY is here for you! I'll jump in and say you can PM me as well. I agree with @labro, sometimes you just need to vent and it's not always red flags. Sometimes there are red flags, but I'd say most of the time you just need to get things off your chest and figure out how to talk it out with your SO to avoid future issues. *hugs*

• @TwoDimes - My wedding band and engagement ring have diamonds on only half of the ring so sometimes mine spin around too. I though about getting them soldered but I haven't yet, because I'm worried they'll be harder to get on/off. With some of the weight I've gained and holding water (like in the summer when everything fits a little snugger) I think a thicker band will be harder to get off. So that's really my only reasoning for not soldering at this point.

• ugh be productive at work and miss everything!  

re shower: Thanks I can only take credit for the cupcakes.  My mom and sister's MIL did everything else.

re unable to see pictures: I'm wondering if a lot of your jobs block gmail/google photos?  Some of my pictures were on facebook, but most of them were from my google photos.

@minskat30, @labro, @cu97tiger I'm so proud of you guys for all your adult decisions, but now I think you should do something super fun to balance out all the budget talks.  Yes, I'm that bad influence.

@minskat30 fingers and

@eilis1228 if you move out that way bf's brother is in Kyle and said it was a lot cheaper than being in Austin. They wfh in the mornings and go into Austin after rush hour.

@alpacina you can call me anytime to vent.  

@twodimes my bf's dad just soldered my mom's rings together.  He said it was the best option so her band wouldn't damage the side of the ering.  It looks awesome. 

• @AlPacina

I had been having the same feelings as of late, so please if you want someone to talk to, let me know. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @wink0erin - The curtains turned out great! I love that material!

• @alpacina - I'm sorry.  :(  Big hugs to you.  Feel free to PM me too if you want to talk.  

@twodimes - I didn't get my rings soldered.  I have a full diamond band for the wedding ring and a half-eternity band on my engagement ring so I have the spinning issue too (probably worse because the diamond on the engagement ring is heavier and makes the ring spin).  The spinning doesn't bother me.  To me, I just really wanted them to be separate...no real reason other than sentimental (which is stupid if I think about it) but if one day I pass and have two kiddos I could see willing one to each.  I usually wear both but my fingers are getting more swollen with pregnancy..is one of your rings easier to get on than the other for you?  If so and you think you might have the swollen hand problem I do at some point down the road, you might consider leaving them separated so you have one ring to wear.   
  • this is really the only picture that everyone needs to see haha:

• wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @beachyone15 Do you know when you are supposed to be moving back to your desk? They may just think it's not a big deal to have someone else sitting there since you aren't. A conversation could go like "I heard *new emp* is being moved to the desk I had worked at, and I thought I was moving back to that desk at X time. I had a routine/was comfortable there/etc and considered that to be my space, and I feel undervalued that someone new is being moved there without anyone asking me." Add whatever details you can. It may not change anything, but you may get some insight. How you approach it could depend on your manager too. 

Make sure to have an alternative plan for what they should do, just in case. I once mentioned a similar topic to my supervisor (who was a passive aggressive B ) and she snarkily asked if I had any better ideas. I presented her with two options for better ideas. Management ended up changing their plan because I spoke up. 

• @speakeasy14 Usually when I can't see photos on my work computer I try to view them from my phone, but they wouldn't show up on my phone either. (I don't go through the work network on my phone). And LOL at the photo inception picture!

• @wink0erin - That's a good point about coming up with alternate ideas. My boss has always been pretty open to whatever I have to discuss so I'll mull it over.

• @wink0erin hmmm maybe tk doesn't like google photos
  • @twodimes I have no intention of soldering mine. As of now I've only worn them together but I could see a time when I didn't. Maybe if I were going to a sketchy location and only wanted to wear my band? Maybe if I find diaper changes are easier with just the flat band? Maybe it gets passed to my kid one day and they want just the e-ring stone set in a necklace without ruining the band? I also have insurance just on my e-ring and not on my band so I don't know how that would change. I have like zero expensive jewelry so I guess I just enjoy having 2 nice pieces instead of 1 LOL.

• @TwoDimes I guess I'm also on the no-soldering band wagon. I agree with how @minskat30 and @beachyone15 phrased their reasoning. My wedding ring is half diamonds and it'll spin from side to side sometimes so I'll just adjust it NBD. Sometimes I wear just my wedding ring just because I want to wear something but we'll be out hiking or something and I don't want to wear my big ole rock. ;)

My mom never soldered her rings together so maybe that's where it comes from? I just like the idea of having them separate and seeing TWO rings. Two rings is better than one right???

Plus someday I want to get an anniversary band to frame the other side of my e-ring.

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    edited February 2016
    @twodimes - No, I did not solder mine together. And I'm glad, because I ended up changing my engagement ring. My band is an eternity band, so I don't have to worry about it turning. I occasionally wear it on its own, so I like the versatility of them being two separate rings. If you solder the rings together, I'm sure you'd be able to clean in between any gaps with a toothbrush.

@speakeasy14 - I watched six straight hours of New Girl... that felt very much like 'unadulting' to me, so I think I'm all balanced out :)

@minskat30 - Picture of your rings please? I can't picture them!

@beachyone15 - I can understand you being upset, but you actually gave a really good reason for why they might be moving her. Once you are a little calm, it's probably worth asking your manager about. Not in an accusatory 'that's my desk' kind of way, but in a 'I just want to make sure my expectations are in check' kind of way.

ETA - solder, not sotter, duh. Spelling is hard sometimes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @speakeasy14 I'm getting my hair cut and colored on Thursday so that's something fun right???? And tomorrow night is bookclub!

• @cu97tiger smart choice!
    @labro self pampering always counts!
  • @TwoDimes I've kept mine separate as well. My engagement ring has peekaboo stones, so soldering the two rings together would permanently block one of those. Additionally, there are some days where I only wear my wedding band because it's easier overall (ie when we moved) and causes less wear and tear to my engagement ring. I like having the option to wear one without the other. My wedding band is half eternity, and I have the spinning problem too, but I don't mind spinning it back into position. I will say that when H and I were originally discussing engagement and wedding rings, I fully intended on soldering them together. I changed my mind when we got the ring with the peekaboo stones, but if you don't mind having the rings as one, then by all means, go for it. I know a few people IRL with soldered rings, and they have no issues or complaints. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited February 2016
    @beanbot2002 I love all of your details from this weekend! And Noah is such a little stinker!! -- eta I saw the news of the officer, and am heartbroken over the whole situation, but WTF to the fake go fund me?!>!?
  • @beanbot2002 HOLY CRAP that happened around the corner from you? I've seen the story all over FB. That is so so sad. 
    Happy Birthday to Noah! How the hell is he 2 already?! 
    Poor Bean, I hate the eye doctors. It freaks me out having anything near my eyes so I always had the hardest time there! 

• @beanbot2002 Dying at Noah being a secret wordsmith! I'm glad he had a great birthday party! Do you have any pics? Would love to see the decorations and his cute little face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards